Pet Care - Page 2 | Pets and Animals | PinoyExchange

X

Page 2 of 14 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last

Talking

blackblade21: sige na nga! ahehehe... di ba arowannas like eating cockroaches? ok lang ba to feed them dead roaches?

and to the dog owners... Frontline is effective nga to prevent ticks and fleas... and siempre the usual baths and all that would help too... ei, nikolai we got a dog named Bailey too... he's a black lab... not that there's anythin' interesting about that... http://www.pinoyexchange.com/lol.gif

you guys brush your dogs' teeth? there are days that i couldn't stand dog breath but i can't help but think that dog toothbrushing is bordering on overkill... watcha think?

Cool

Just wanna share what happened to me last Sunday when I visited the breeder. Unfortunately, I didn't like any of the shih tzus being sold because of their colors -- I wanted something light-colored [white, tan, or gray] and what the breeder had were dark-colored puppies. Her retrievers were a bunch of cuties, though! Really friendly and fat. Too bad I can't get a dog which grows really big. So, I'm still looking for a shih tzu puppy. A friend offered to help me out so wish me luck that I'll finally get a new dog soon!

waffledish: I've never tried brushing my dog's teeth. Isn't the toothpaste expensive? I can imagine how it hard it'd be giving a dog a toothbrush. I mean, they already freak out when you give them a bath, what more a tootbrush!?

How do you guys toilet-train your dogs? Do they poo-poo inside your house?

Talking

waffledish: Hey I have a Black Labrador too! Except Bailey is a German Shepherd...

mytyragirl: So mahusay talaga Frontline huh? I have some kasi here but never really tried it yet...di naman kasi madalas magkaroon ng ticks and fleas yung doggies ko. But our vet said nga it's good...

Ada: Hey they have Retrievers? Cool! Goldens or Labs? I have a Labrador now but I wanna get a Golden Retriever! http://www.pinoyexchange.com/love.gif About your question...the thing with brushing dogs' teeth kasi is dapat sanayin siya pag maliit palang so it'll be easier...kinda like crate training... When I bought a crate for my Beagle for the shows, he wouldn't go in kasi nasanay nang walang crate... Usually he just gets into the car pag may show... All my dogs are housebroken kasi they stay indoors. It's a lot of hard work (and i nmy case...puyatan, hehe!) but it's worth it in the end! I think some breeds might be easier to train than others. Parang sa obedience training din. Patience lang. I paper train them (for indoors) when they're young and then eventually when they get the hang of it (and control of their bladder), I remove the paper. But even when they're being paper trained (indoors), bring them out to do their business every so often, so they'll get the idea. Kami nga every hour pa kung puede (kasi my mom gets really mad when they pee inside the house!)...just have a routine for them. Puppies need to go out more frequently than older dogs (really young puppies may need to go out every hour or two). They go after they sleep, play, eat, and after long hours of confinement. Again, just be patient...some train in days, others take months! But at least in the end...less hassle!

Talking

Nikolai: Better check on the label! May expiration ang frontline. Baka ma-expire na mo di mo pa nagagamit. Pahinga naman! hahaha..hahahaha..hahahaha..
    Bakit di nagkaka-tick and fleas mga aso mo? Paano nangyari yon?

Talking

mytyragirl: yup I know may expiration date nga yon...meron yata kami yung Frontline TopSpot ba yon? I dunno why but hindi talaga madalas magkaroon ng ticks and fleas mga dogs namin. Most of the time din kasi they're inside the house. And once we see signs of ticks, all out war na agad! http://www.pinoyexchange.com/lol.gif And we're pretty careful when it comes to the dogs cos medyo praning dad ko, hehehehe! No kidding...kailangan may emergency medicine pa ko dito for all or most ailments (diarrhea, vomiting, skin problems, etc...)! Anyway they have to be pretty clean and free from parasites cos they sleep with me...and I'm allergic to fleas!

Talking

haayyyy salamat may nagtanong din

Well, it depends on ur arowana, some wouldn't eat a dead roach.... and some would....

I do think they prefer live ones, sadista kasi ang arowana eh, papahirapan muna yung insekto! Sa wild they eat grasshoppers and they are naturally good jumpers, so better keep your aquarium covered....

Talking

blackblade21: oo nga, i've heard numerous stories about Arowanas jumping out of the tank... ei, what should we do when the pump isn't working (like in a brownout or sumthin)? some say bawasan daw ang tubig... tapos yung iba totally opposite naman... ano ba talaga?

errr... to the dog lovers: ahhh... toilet training.. madugo yan! hehehe... anyway, yah you should start them young. our Labs are always outside anyway so there are really no problems. but for some reason, they all poop at the same spot. i dunno exactly how they got to do this *shrug*. the smaller breeds naman the "newspaper approach" lang ang alam ko, e. our Shi-Tzus always do their business at the same spot (with newspapers) since they were puppies.

Smile

Daschund pup for sale:
    male, 6 weeks old, long haired, reddish brown and black, with PCCI registration and vaccination. please e-mail me at [email protected], or post a reply in this thread.

Arrow

Nice to have you back, Joe! . Long time no post.

Talking

Originally posted by waffledish:
    blackblade21: oo nga, i've heard numerous stories about Arowanas jumping out of the tank... ei, what should we do when the pump isn't working (like in a brownout or sumthin)? some say bawasan daw ang tubig... tapos yung iba totally opposite naman... ano ba talaga?
    Ahhh madali lang yan... kumuha ka nang straw..... tapos blow all the way hanggang magka ilaw!

Seriously, i dont know the oxygen requirements of arowanas eh... You might buy a battery operated pump just in case mahal na mahal mo ang arowana....

For me it doesnt matter if you add or remove water when ur filter is not functioning... Although i would recommend frequent water change if your filter is broken since the ammonia level of your tank would drastically rise bec. your biological filtration isnt working.

Unregistered

Thumbs down

I have a great affection towards animals and I kinda hate it when people put a leash on their dog and let him stay under the sun just to (guard) the house. I think that is stupid.

Some people tell me they just want dogs to be a 'bantay'.. well, if they need security then go out and buy a security alarm or hire a security guard! Don't torture the dog under the sun!

Guess what they do..? Some burglars fill a Pandesal with Monosodium Glutamate (Vetsin) and they give it to those 'bantay' dogs.. next thing you know, their mouth is full of bubbles and they already got poisoned.

So if any of you happen to do this on your pet dog.. think again.

So Such. Nuff Said.

Thumbs down

I totally agree with you :! That is jut plain cruelty to animals! http://www.pinoyexchange.com/angry.gif If some people believe there's nothing wrong with leaving their dogs under the sun, think again! Eh kung naiwan lang nga sa car yung aso puede nang magka heatstroke! Know how people keep complaining about being under the sun all day for CMT? Well how would the dog feel? Unlike humans, dogs don't have pores and they can't sweat.

About the burglar thing naman buti sana kung properly trained 'yang mga "bantay" na yan! Eh kung hindi pala tapos gagawin ng mga magnanakaw bibigyan ng vetsin to poison the dog...buti nga sa amo! Nadamay pa ang kawawang aso... Those dogs that are trained for security purposes know not to eat anything given basta basta. In fact kasama nga sa test yan. Kunyari on guard yung dog tapos may stranger na bibigyan siya ng pagkain, the dog should not touch the food.

Ang masasabi ko lang to people who hurt their dogs or pets (or any animal for that matter) in any way is...darating din ang araw niyo! http://www.pinoyexchange.com/grrr.gif

Hooray for animal lovers who think the world of their pets! http://www.pinoyexchange.com/love.gif

Anyone know organizations here in the Philippines that's against animal cruelty?

[This message has been edited by nikolai (edited 07-02-2000).]

Unregistered

Thumbs up

STAND UP FOR ANIMALS!

Unfortunately, I don't know any Animal care organizations in the Phils, pero I know a group of hackers named "Animal Hacktivists".
    They deface the websites of companies promoting products that harm animals.

One more thing: It's also NOT advisable to give 'leftover foods' o 'tira-tira' to your pets. If you really love your pet, you won't give it a leftover food. Besides, some people give their dogs chicken bones and fish bones - These are definitely a no-no!!
    They could choke and die, believe me.
    Besides, some pets are really sensitive to what they eat. nagkaka-galis sila pag may nakaing hindi maganda.

So the next time you see someone trying to hurl stones to a steet dog or cat, tell them that they don't deserve to be treated like that.

Much props to you nikolai for caring about animals.

Talking

Ira: yup, it's been a while. And i'm happy to be back!

Talking

Originally posted by nikolai:
    Anyone know organizations here in the Philippines that's against animal cruelty
    There is a local version of PETA in this country. Surprising, ano? It's headed by a spunky old lady.

Talking

anyone interested to buy PERSIAN KITTEN?

do email me at [email protected]

tenks

Lightbulb

nikolai: What's the difference between golden and lab retrievers? I think the breeder I visited had golden ones. I'll email her and ask.

Ira: I believe the name of that animal org headed by that spunky old lady is "PAWS" [I forget what it stands for]. We did a mock-PR presentation for PAWS in our PR class. If I remember correctly, she has hundreds of cats.

Hey, what do you guys think about buying puppies which are advertised in Buy and Sell?

Shopaholic!

Cool

Aren't you planning to sell any of them? I'm interested to get either a cocker spaniel or a lhasa apso. If you know of anyone who's selling one, pleasee email me. Thanks!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ira:
    [B]Oh, cool! Another lhasa apso owner! I have 10 lhasa apsos right now, although we're going to give away 5 of them to families and friends.

Talking

Ira & Ada: Yup I've heard about PAWS (Philippine Animal Welfare Society) na rin! Is that the only one? Old lady with a lot of cats, huh??? Don't tell me that's Ms. Sison from the Polo Club! There are tons of cats kasi there and she feeds them and all!

Ada: Well for one thing mas mahaba yung coat ng Golden Retriever sa Labrador Retriever. And Labs come in Yellow, Black and Chocolate. Alam mo yung dog ni Tom Hanks sa YOU'VE GOT MAIL? That's a Golden! Yung dog ni Meg Ryan sa CITY OF ANGELS? That's a Lab! About your question on Buy and Sell ads, siguro naman may okay din na breeder doon. I suggest you interview them first, just to be safe. When I look for ads, I usually look sa Sunday Manila Bulletin coz maraming ads doon. But sometimes we look din sa Buy and Sell. You'll never know. (Although ang experience ko pala doon before, parang late na minsan yung ads so ubos na or konti nalang yung puppies.) Still looking for a Shih Tzu puppy? I'll try to ask around for you. I know some trainers kasi and I'm sure they know who the good breeders are, or kung sino ang may magandang puppies. Did you try asking PCCI? If you need the number just let me know, 'k?

[This message has been edited by nikolai (edited 07-04-2000).]

Talking

Trissie: Sorry, we aren't planning to sell them. Don't know of anyone selling lhasa apso just now, either.

Ada and nikolai: Yeah, I believe it's PAWS nga. I'm not sure if it's a Ms. Sison, though. Basta she's an old mestiza from Makati.

[This message has been edited by Ira (edited 07-04-2000).]

Page 2 of 14 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last