Pet Care - Page 13 | Pets and Animals | PinoyExchange

X

Page 13 of 14 First ... 3 12 13 14 Last
    :.Sea FeTiSH.:
    Hi, I have 2 Blue Persians, 3 mts old pa lang sila, they were given to me by my brother. I was wondering how much magpa deworm and vaccine and all the medical works you can think of para maging healthy sila?

Can you recommend a good feline vet in the pasig area? Yung affordable din sana.

ei guys why not try to join philippinepethaven.com where we can answer your pet questions

please put japongs_17 as your referrer thanks

and a chance for your pet to be featured as the pet of the month on the site... i'll wait for you there...

3. Nov 4, 2008

di naman mag open ang website ng pet haven

I remember when I was starting to own our Golden Retriever (caspian/male), we're having a hard time to teach him where to poop. My friend told me to buy a potty for caspian so that he will not gonna poop all over the house. I bought it at goods.ph, It is very helpful for those who are a beginner in owning a pet.

newspaper toilet training works well with us.

Quote Originally Posted by petercruz View Post
    I remember when I was starting to own our Golden Retriever (caspian/male), we're having a hard time to teach him where to poop. My friend told me to buy a potty for caspian so that he will not gonna poop all over the house. I bought it at goods.ph, It is very helpful for those who are a beginner in owning a pet.
    congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by gotta lick it View Post
    newspaper toilet training works well with us.
    Congrats!

paano ba itrain na magpoop sya sa newspaper? hindi ko naman alam kung kelan sya magpoop... tapos sabi ng vet, wag na lang muna daw sya i-allow maglaro kasi 2 months pa lang... let her stay sa cage para iwas virus kung saan saan pumunta...
    dahil nga malimit sa cage sya, eh di dun na din sya inaabot ng pagpoop... kung lagyan ko naman ng newspaper yung cage, baka naman ngatngatin nya... kinakagat nya kasi yung cloth na nilalagay namin sa cage para tulugan nya eh...

Quote Originally Posted by chem_engr View Post
    paano ba itrain na magpoop sya sa newspaper? hindi ko naman alam kung kelan sya magpoop... tapos sabi ng vet, wag na lang muna daw sya i-allow maglaro kasi 2 months pa lang... let her stay sa cage para iwas virus kung saan saan pumunta...
    dahil nga malimit sa cage sya, eh di dun na din sya inaabot ng pagpoop... kung lagyan ko naman ng newspaper yung cage, baka naman ngatngatin nya... kinakagat nya kasi yung cloth na nilalagay namin sa cage para tulugan nya eh...
    "Dogs naturally want to relieve themselves after eating, after play, or exercise, after any excitement, such as greeting people or other animals, and after waking up.
    At 2 mos, a pup needs to empty its bladder every 2 hours. By 3 mos, most can hold it up to 4 hours. A month later and most can hold its bladder for six hours.
    Watch your puppy's body language for clues that it needs to urinate or poop. These are:
    sniffling the floor
    running with the nose to the floor
    circling
    preparing to squat
    When you see any of these activities, interrupt them and go to the toileting area. If you can, avoid picking up the pup. You want it to learn to walk there.
    Paper training: Protect the floor with plastic and lay down paper.
    After your pup has finished, give sufficient praise to make its tail wag. Be a clown. Use a happy voice. Give a treat, toss a ball, play chase or walk around and explore. You want to show that first your pup urinates or poops, then the fun begins. Don't overdo the food treats. A clever dog will learn to deposit just a small amount of urine for a food reward and keep a large reserve in tank knowing more rewards are possible. Accidents will happen and when they do, dont punish your puppy. It won't understand it, but will simply think you are angry and act submissively to appease you. When you see your dog relieveing itself in the house, say "No!" firmly, not to frighten or punish but to get its attention. As soon as you have your pup's attention, call its name and briskly walk to your designated toileting area. Clean the accident area well with alcohol which breaks down odors. You may also use diluted white vinegar which can remove stains from carpets. Avoid any cleaner with ammonia; this is a natural body by-product and will only attract a dog back."--- from the book DOG by dr.Bruce Fogle pp175-179

=

Quote Originally Posted by zippylemon View Post
    walang brand yung powder. generic na ivermectin powder 25grams per pack @150pesos only.imported from taiwan, locally repacked.
    he explained to me that ivermectin is the composition of the more known brands IVOMEC and HEARTGARD.
    ok naman effective.i use it every month for heartworm prevention.

ako agmectin 2.5grams ang ginamit ko sa aso (ivermectin rin siya) sa pagkakatanda ko hinde siya lalampas sa 20 pesos... sa agrevit ko siya binili ni recommend lang yun sa akin ng ka office mate ko then sinubukan ko kase nga gusto kong gumaling ang aso ko then wala pang 1 week gumaling na siya, nawala na ang sugat niya pati mga garapata niya.. by the way aspin ang aso ko... :-)

Need Help!!! Unidentified dog breed.

Good afternoon everyone im a newbie here. I need your help identifying what breed my dog is, I searched the net and the closest he looks like is something this.. My cousin gave it to me yesterday from nueva ecija and he said that it is a hunting dog and they have a healthy population of breeding pairs all hairless. Im very curious because we might have something here, new philippine dog breed. Tomorrow i will post the original pictures of the dog.

Question po, ano po bang dapat gawin pag yung pet na aso eh laging nagtatakaw kahit palagi namang kumakain? Hindi naman siya ginugutom, palagi naman silang may food, kaso parang gutom siya palagi. Minsan, pinipigilan na namin siya kumain kasi tumataba siya ng husto. Nag wo-worry din po kasi ako na baka magkasakit siya pag tumaba pa siya.

Quote Originally Posted by extraordinaire05 View Post
    Question po, ano po bang dapat gawin pag yung pet na aso eh laging nagtatakaw kahit palagi namang kumakain? Hindi naman siya ginugutom, palagi naman silang may food, kaso parang gutom siya palagi. Minsan, pinipigilan na namin siya kumain kasi tumataba siya ng husto. Nag wo-worry din po kasi ako na baka magkasakit siya pag tumaba pa siya.
    Is this behavior recent lang? If there was a sudden change in your household like the addition of another pet, that could cause him to eat more kasi may competition?

It could also be medically related.

"Medical Causes for Increased Appetites
    There are some dogs who legitimately suffer from endocrine and gastrointestinal ailments that can lead to outsized appetites. Diabetes, Cushing's disease, hyperthyroidism (rare in dogs) and some pancreatic disorders are all potentially responsible for an impressive drive to ingest."
    Source: http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-exp...ys-seem-hungry

Observe him for other symptoms and ask your vet about it just make sure there's nothing physically wrong with your dog.

Quote Originally Posted by kasabian View Post
    WARNING FOR SHIH TZU BUYERS:

Before buying shih tzu puppies please do your research first...

First of, PRINCESS TYPE SHIH TZU/s are not what you think as a good line. They are actually the ABNORMAL ones born within a litter pack & are not meant to be bred so veterinarians spay/neuter them & please these breed naturally has double coat & no such thing as triple coat!.. To make it simple, sellers should actually be selling them in a much much lower price.

Second, before paying for the puppy do visit them first in their owner's place with someone knowledgeable about the breed so you can check personally the behavior & condition of the puppy plus the medical record.. And as soon as you get the puppy have it checked by your own trusted vet just to be sure.
    Very informative. Thanks to you.

Hi. Do you guys have any advice on how to potty train an adult shih tzu?

Magkano ba magpa vaccinate ng aso ngayon, including the vets fee. Kasi yung vet namin ang laki ng singil nasa libo

Baka depende sa weight and location ninyo?

Yung shih tzu ko na 6kg ang cost ng 8-in-1 ay P500. Wala ng vet fee yun. Ang cost ng consultation ay P200. Rabies vaccine P250. Blood panel P1k.

Saan kaya mura magpa spay ng pusa? Thanks!

Hi guys can I ask po may shih tzu po kami first time lang po mag alaga ng ganoong dog pero may ibang dog pa kami eh 1month old and 2weeks palang siya napansin ko lang ayaw nya ng water more on milk lang siya okey lang po ba yun??? Waiting for your fast reponse

Page 13 of 14 First ... 3 12 13 14 Last