Mountain Climbing, Trekking, and Mountaineering | Hobbies and Recreation | PinoyExchange
X

Page 1 of 259 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last

Talking Mountain Climbing, Trekking, and Mountaineering

anybody here loves that kind of hobby?

Talking

here here..
    but it has beenquite sometime since I have done either..

And I have already sold my mountain climbing equipment.. But I still do some trekking.. last one was Mt. Fuji.. which was least to say.. Cool

Talking

I've had the pleasure of trekking, and right now, I enjoy it more. It's easier on the arms (my Achille's heel), and it strengthens my legs. Plus, you get to observe nature from up close. To cap it all off, I'm rather afraid of heights, so I guess I'm a trekkie through and through.

CPP-NPA Lost Command

Talking

ako hehehehe, so far anong bundok na ang naakyat nyo???

Talking

About two years ago, I joined the Ayala Mountaineering Club. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish the course because of my busy schedule. The course required us to climb about 3-4 mountains, Mt. Apo ata ang last for the induction. I was only able to climb the first one, which was located in Laguna (o Batangas?)... I forgot na the name of the mountain but it was a great experience for me. I learned that climbing up isn't that fun at all specially when the trail is so steep, or slippery, or when the sun is too hot... but when you get to the peak of the mountain, ibang klase pala ang "high" na makukuha mo!

Talking

mmm sayang naman.... nde mo natapos wow galeng naman sa apo ang induction nyo, well me mga 6 na mts palang naakyat ko sama na yung sa ifugao, w/c is a few hour drive lang galing sa prov ko w/c is nvizcaya wow lameg don pre.....

Unhappy

we went hiking in makiling when i was in hs. (but that doesn't really count, does it? that's like mountain-climbing for sissies! ) we went up banahaw for a class in college and i can say it was definitely one of my all-time highs! i can totally relate with M!
    i sooo want to do it again.. any of you up to it?

Talking

i haven't tried it yet but i certainly want to do so.

Talking

have been in mountaineering several years ago and although I am not in an official club anymore, I still love it..

Climbed several mountains in Ifugao, Benguet and others.. have not gone to Mt Apo though.. I have climbed Mt Fuji though.. which is a night climb.. you start at about 8 at night and try to get to the top of the mountain before 5 am.. but when u do get there.. I do have to say that the view is awe inspiring.. one which can blow u away..

Skin my Senses

Wink

ako!!! pero pambata lang yata yung mountain na naakyat ko eh!!!
    2 yrs ago, don sa mt. fami (spellcheck nga dyan o!)..basta, sa laguna yon!!! sarap palang umakyat no especially kung marami...what an experience!!!

Talking

Me? Ive been born on a mountain.fetus pa lang ako mt. climber na.hehehe Taga-Baguio ako. I've climbed the highest peak doon-they call it Mt. Sto. Tomas. Okay din doon, malamig atsaka you can view a part of the city down below. Kaya lang bilang na bilang ang puno doon. Napalitan ng strawberry and vegetable plantations.I've also been to banahaw nga pala.
    Id like to climb mt apo, and the cordillera mts. gusto kong maxplore yung mga caves doon. Sarap non. Siguro after graduation.

CPP-NPA Lost Command

Exclamation

i really would like to climb mt pulag again dis tym on a solo.. hehehe lamig dun pre sobra...

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/reddevil.gif

Talking

yehey!!!! more and more Baguio babies are surfacing

But as for Mt. Sto. tomas, it is a pretty effortless climb. anyone can climb it.

Mt. Pulag is better,

Cool

Sama ako dyan. Pero di ba nakakahiya, dadalawa pa lang na-try kong akyatin. Pero I got there. One is Mt. Banahaw and the other sa Majayjay. I Got plans to climb Fami and Cristobal but i heard that Cristobal's got a lot of stories. Yipes, takot ako!

Talking

i've been into mountaineering for two years already and since then we've been climbing and who wants to join us.. punta kami sa camiguin this last week of may.. or probably we'll be going back again in mount talinis in dumaguete.. well guys.. u should try to climd some mountains here in the visayas.. and u will never regret it!!!

Talking

hello everybody, i've been to mountaineers last year n i already climd Mt. Arayat in Pampanga, the highest peak of Sierra Madre with other UP Mountaineers and in Kalinga apayao. T'was a great for me when i became a mountaineers n our founder is from UpMountaineer but resides here in Nueva Ecija. Our Grp called the MGL or Montanyero ng gitnang Luzon. To freak what mountaineering grp y engaged with?

Cool

One of my favorites is Mt. Temple near Lake Louise in the Canadian Rockies. It is fast becoming very popular among climbers due to a non-technical scrambling route on its southwest ridge. Park rangers will sometimes joke that "the SW ridge is a pretty unscary way to climb a pretty scary mountain." But don't let this lull you into a false sense of security because there are enough sections which can give an inexperienced scrambler second thoughts.

The best time to go is in July and August. To be safe, plan on six hours up and perhaps four down. Bring along an ice axe which will be a great help in the snow patch below the first rock band. Ropes and crampons are not needed but do check with your guide before the ascent.

http://www.cmhmountaineering.com/images/02_sm.jpg

[This message has been edited by clone (edited 05-15-2000).]

CPP-NPA Lost Command

Talking

applying for UST MC pro m wid other mountainneering groups pa... o well yan lang kac medyo kilala e

Cool

hehehe ..dati umaakyat ako ng bundok .. everyweekend ata ..afterwork .. pag sat-sun .. ano lang .. sa siniloan laguna .. mt. famy .. friday afternoon ..bibyahi na patungong macatad kilometro tres kila nanay ester .. dala yung sanlinggong labahan .. papalaba ki nanay ester ... then ..magnanightrek .. pagdating dun ....walang gagawin kundi matulog ng matulog na lang .. .. sunday afternoon baba-an na .. kuha ng mga mabanong damit ki nanay ester .. tapos balik maynila ... in the morning... work na naman .. ganun lang pag ordinary week.. paminsan minsan naman .. makiling, maculot, etc ..
    pag yung mga 3+ days ang holidays .. mt. isarog(1), mt. pulag(3), mt. halcon(3), mt. guitingguiting(1) and syempre beacheneering .

ngayon wala na ...

CPP-NPA Lost Command

Talking

what mountaineering grps r u guys wid??

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/reddevil.gif

Page 1 of 259 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last