PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

REVIEW: Fury

Brad Pitt, alongside Shia Labeouf and Logan Lerman, hates Nazis once more, save the scalps.

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Who Are The Best Designers For Wedding Gowns In The Phils?

hey guys, just wanna know who are the best designers in wedding gowns in the Phils? as in the best ha..best fabric, best embroidery,etc. Budget is 1M in pesos give or take.

Inno Sotto, Ben Ferrales, Ito Curata, Efren Ocampo, Rhett Eala, Aureo Alonzo just to name a few.

thanks! =) whoever else u think are good with details, please share. thanks

Rajo Laurel - he does a lot of bridal wear, he became popular for this
    Auggie Cordero - classic lines, not too over-the-top

oh thanks guinevere...mmm i see rajo is in the lead of the race. hehe

Try visiting http://www.weddingsatwork.com, they have a list of suppliers for wedding gown designers and corresponding contact details.

For what I have seen in the wedding industry because I'm a wedding coordinator, choosing the best designer will really depend on the personality and the needs of the bride. Kase kanya kanyang style ang designers. If you want something clean, sleek and sophisticated go for Inno. Pag sa embroidery naman magaling talaga staff ni Auggie Cordero, pag you want something old-school na Filipiniana timeless pa din deisgns ni Pitoy

Quote Originally Posted by Bea19
    For what I have seen in the wedding industry because I'm a wedding coordinator, choosing the best designer will really depend on the personality and the needs of the bride. Kase kanya kanyang style ang designers. If you want something clean, sleek and sophisticated go for Inno. Pag sa embroidery naman magaling talaga staff ni Auggie Cordero, pag you want something old-school na Filipiniana timeless pa din deisgns ni Pitoy
    thank you! I agree..that was very informative.. =) We are looking for more of the intricate embroidery and best fabric.

Are you the bride or groom?Depends kse sa kind of Fabric e.Wala namang actually na "best fabric" kse it will really depend sa type ng bride.Gusto ba nya malambot na comfy or typical Filipiniana material?

bride. best fabric meaning those hard to get ones that look ever so fabulous hehehe...

Actually it doesnt mean na a certain fabric is hard to get will actually look good.Best fabric will really depend on how it feels against your skin.Minsan kse pansin ko yung ibang mahal na fabric medyo itchy.Tska hindi naman minsan napapnsin ng guests yung tela e.As long as the gown looks good it doesnt matter kung anong fabric ang gnamit

Good for you that you have a very big budget. For me, there's no right answer to your question. The "best" designer depends on the bride. There are good designers out there that don't add a 'personal' touch to their work - you have to go through secretaries and sometimes, they won't be in the fittings. There are good designers out there whose personalities don't match the brides'. The relationship between the designer and the bride is very important. For others who don't have your kind of budget, the cost will be very important also. Also, designers have their own styles. Some are more daring, some are too conservative, some have very simple and classic designs.

My gown designer was Veluz Reyes. Her name isn't popular and she's not featured in magazines, but she's good. Plus she's pleasant, very easy to talk to, funny, fun to be with... name it! She's a doll! And her rates, though not dirt cheap, is relatively affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by CaRaMBa
    My gown designer was Veluz Reyes. Her name isn't popular and she's not featured in magazines, but she's good. Plus she's pleasant, very easy to talk to, funny, fun to be with... name it! She's a doll! And her rates, though not dirt cheap, is relatively affordable.
    heard so much about veluz from w@w b2b's. sobrang overwhelming nga *** positive insights about her. i had her as an option. but being an overseas b2b who's flying back only a few weeks before the wedding, i opted for a gown to be made here na lang.

here's a link to her site: http://veluz.biz/

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyOnTheLoos
    hey guys, just wanna know who are the best designers in wedding gowns in the Phils? as in the best ha..best fabric, best embroidery,etc. Budget is 1M in pesos give or take.
    wow, i didnt pay attention sa detail - 1M for a gown? whoa.

everyone has a dream wedding right? hehehe dream gown,etc. so i really just want to entrust the gown to someone who's had more than enough experience and knowledge and ofcourse, a touch of sophistication. i really dont like tacky gowns, i just want them to be different from the usual tube gown that u usually see.

I'd like to recommend my cousin's wedding gown designer. His name is Allan Bitara of Yifu. My cousin did not want a simple tube gown too so Allan made her a gown with hand painting on it. It also had swarovski crystals as accent. It was really awesome! I wish you could see it. Are based here or abroad? You can email Allan at yifufashion@yahoo.com or contact him at 2476948. Yifu is in ET Yuchengco St (formerly Nueva St.) in Binondo. Yifu has another branch in Quezon Ave in Quezon City. Btw, I was in his shop a month ago to have a gown made; I saw a sketch of a wedding gown with a dragon design. Accdg to Allan it is the bride's wish to have such a design. Based on the design, it's not your typical wedding gown. Allan said the dragon will be hand painted on the gown. Allan also does embroidered gowns too. He has trained under Rene Salud for eight years before joining Yifu. I've heard about Allan too from weddings at work.

Veluz is good.so far di pa nagkakaproblem ang brides ko sa kanya. basta dapat ang designer ka vibes nang bride.

Quote Originally Posted by Bea19
    Veluz is good.so far di pa nagkakaproblem ang brides ko sa kanya. basta dapat ang designer ka vibes nang bride.
    yah i agree! although i probably will get along with anyone since im not the b*tchy type of client heheh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast