PEx Highlights

FEATURE: On Former Teammates and Rivals

PEx's guest contributor Michele Gumabao talks about her ex-teammates and ex-rivals in the UAAP and the pros.

read more

TRAVEL: Ilocos: Vigan, Laoag, Pagudpud

PExer mikedph shares everything you need to know about an Ilocos trip that includes photos around Vigan, Laoag and Pagudpud.

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Takes Game 1 vs RoS

The Aces mustered a furious 2nd half turnaround to take Game 1 of the semifinals against the Elasto Painters, 87-80.

read more

REVIEW: This is Where I Leave You

Family dramedy This Is Where I Leave You graces the screens this week. Is this movie worth checking out? Find out here!

read more

FEATURE: Philippine Cup Semis Preview

It's the Aces against the E-Painters and SMB versus TNT. Read on as JPM previews and predicts the outcome of the Fil Cup semis.

read more

Page 64 of 96 FirstFirst ... 14 54 63 64 65 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1912
    Quote Originally Posted by fsc9274 View Post
    Thank you so much smilette. na check ko na sa website and maganda and parang malaki din yung place. Thanks, thanks. i'll try to visit it this weekend.
    You're welcome. We've rented the place before (8-5PM). The place is private and they have a small airconditioned room where my little boy slept during the afternoon.

Last edited by smilette; Jan 29, 2009 at 05:16 PM.

Hi! Pagsasabayin ko rin sana bday and binyag sa baby ko, prob is tight ang budget ko, and guest ko aabot sa 50pax, san kaya aabutin ang 15K ko?

ano ba mas dapat bigyang pansin, yung binyag o birthday? kasi kung binyag solemn dapat, pero kung may bday dapat madaming games, etc. ano kaya magandang set up?

btw,sa QC area kami lapit sa mindanao ave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadi I View Post
    Hi everyone !

Ito na, ask na ha... We will be celebrating 1st bday of my youngest this March. Can you give me the cheapest and nearest place somewhere in Las Piņas? And also, if you could refer catering or any food assistance, much appreciate it.

Thanks!
    aside from Jollibee and McDo... there's also KFC

or you ca try Constantine Place for a pool party

or Dazo hall naman for a hall (though may pool din dun sa Philam Village)... mura rates nila...

nicholetes... consider mo kaya ang Chowking? or opt for the birthday party, tutal naman you're celebrating na din the birthday eh...

oh and girls... Joy san gabriel makes really great-tasting cakes

DELI..ohmy!! I so love Joy San Gabriel.. She's one of my favorite supplier. I always crave for her caramel cake

nicholettes.. I mst agree with delisyus, a solemn ceremony in the church, tapos birthday party sa reception Good na ang 8-10k party for 15k sa jollibee

and oh, mommies, I make diaper cakes pala ha, a very practical gift for baby showers and baptisms

hi everyone!

im really fascinated with the topics you have here that's why i registered just today. im a newbie in this site and a newbie mommy at the same time, just gave birth last jan11.

in connection to nicholettes' post, i would also like to ask for recommendations since my hubby and i are setting our baby's christening this summer but got problems on 2 main items:
    1. a nice and solemn church accessible to our residence
    2. an affordable caterer and venue for at least 70 guests

i am hoping for your help on these.
    we stay in novaliches, also near mindanao ave

thanks a lot! looking forward to your opinion!

Mommies, nairaos ko rin ang binyag ng baby girl ko.

Here are some details just in case a mommy or daddy out there needs suppliers:

Church: St. Jerome Parish, Alabang (beside ATC)
    Mass baptism is every Sunday, 12NN.
    For Non-Parishioners (like me), below are the rates:
    P250 - registration
    P250 - 1st pair of sponsors
    P100 - succeeding pairs
    Note: You need to attend their seminar which starts at 8:45 AM and ends 11AM every Sunday. Must be attended by 2 sponsors.

Reception Venue: Leslie's Restaurant, Alabang
    We didn't get the baptismal package. We reserved the whole ground floor since we have 100 guests.
    Lunch buffet = P299/head x 100 pax = 29,900
    Drinks (Iced tea) = 219 per pitcher (good for 3-4 pax) x 30 pitchers = 6,570
    Total = 36,470

Tarpaulin
    Printing cost is only P300 at P25 per square foot.

Souvenir
    Ordered my mini cupcakes at Cuppy Puppy at P25 each (w/ topper).

Photographer
    My photographer, Peng Rudio, is really good. Sulit talaga!
    P2,500 for 3 hours
    Package comes w/ pre-baptismal shot and AVP
    Visit http://myfocalpoint.multiply.com

sino pong nakatry sa vjstreetevents21 na event organizer..okei ba sila? feedback naman po..thanks

Smile

Hi! I'm new here. My daughter is turning 7 next month. Please help me choose a song that I will use for her audiovisual presentation.

^ Hi! It may also depends on the theme. When my niece celebrated her 7th bday, her theme was Disney Princess. I used the song "A dream is wish your heart makes" the upbeat version by Disney channel circle of stars for her AVP. A nice song also is "my girl", though common it's feel good song.

Thanks a lot TINY MD! My Girl is exactly what I'm looking for! I'll use it for the intro/first part of the AVP. It's a debutante type of party. Please keep the suggestions coming. The presentation is around 9 minutes so that's about 3 songs.

Hi! My daughter is turning 7 next month and I have encountered vjstreetevents21 while surfing the internet for party hosts. Grabe sobra mura ng packages nila na naka-post. Kaya lang kc I had an experience last time na sa sobrang kakatipid . . . pumalpak! Ayun, nalaman ko sa isang forum ng mga moms na horror ang experience nya sa vjstreets21. Anyway, hindi naman siguro pare-pareho ang teams nila and I think there's always room for improvement.

Kenny Rogers Quezon Avenue

Just want to share my Wolf's 1st birthday at KENNY ROGER'S QUEZON AVENUE.

Party was held on February 7, 2009, 2pm-4pm.

Party started 3pm. Medyo hindi pa naka setup pagdating namin ng 2 pm pero hindi naman kame chi-narge ng extension fee. Atsaka solo namin yung araw so no rush din.

Theme: Animal Kingdom

We rented the whole second floor although may garden venue din sila, kaso natakot kame na baka umambon (which is oo) so okay na din yung 2nd floor na lang.

We ordered yung Party Package C, worth: 9030 for 30 kids
    Inclusions:
    -Fried chicken meal, mac and cheese/corn and carrot niblets, sundae and iced tea
    -cake
    -gift
    -balloon and decors
    -game prizes and loot bags (in fairness, mabigat ang loot bag nila. Atsaka paper bags na madaming laman so enjoy yung mga bagets. di katulad sa mcdo and jollibee, plastic na maliit lang yung lootbags)
    -party hats, place mats etc...
    -invitations

For the adults, we ordered 70 Solo Meal B for 170/pax without drinks po: 11900

Nung una, sabi namin i-serve na lang yung food, pero pag dating namin dun, sinerve nila ng buffet style which was better kase atleast nakita namin na sinerve talaga nila lahat ng order namin and maganda din yung presentation lalo na yung mga sides, napaka-appetizing ng hitsura pala pag nasa chafing dishes. Hehe.

Included a very big serving of quarter roasted chicken with rice, choice of 2 sides, and muffin.
    Yung mga sides, hinati namin into 4, so may 35 servings each of mac and cheese, corn and carrots, steamed vegetable and mashed potatoes para may choices yung guests.

Yung drinks ng adults, we opted not to purchase single serve drinks kase ang laki din ng babayaran if it's 40 pesos each (2800 for 70 pips) tapos pag naubos yun, yung guest iced water na lang ang iinumin.

Bumili na lang kame ng mga 15 bottles ng assorted 2L softdrinks tapos nag bayad kame ng corkage fee na 500, so that's 1300 something lang for the drinks. Drink to sawa pa yung guests namin. Ang laki ng natipid diba?

So yun na yung extent ng nagastos namin: 23000+

At yung 70 adults estimated invite guests namin, mga 40 lang ata dumating so sobrang dami naming nauwing food. We were eating chicken for the next few days.

Hindi na ako naghire ng photographer dahil madami din akong guests na aspiring photographers who promised to send me copies of the pics they took. So keri.

Program: What can I say, I'm sure familiar na kayo sa routine nila; Longest Greeting, Bring Me, etc...tapos eat na ng food then magspeech yung parents tapos blow na ng birthday candles on cake. So hindi naman kame nagexpect ng bonggang-bongga. At nakakatawa kase *** mga bagets, mga beterano na sa games masyado na kaseng familiar yung program.

Although, to be fair, yung Kenny's may add-on services sila like magicians, acrobats, animal shows etc. They even have foodcarts and choco fountains which we opted not to take advantage of. Yet. Siguro pag malaki na si Wolf and he would be able to enjoy the party kase may awareness na at talagang makakainteract na siya.

Yung host din na girl is okay na for me, hindi siya trying hard mag-english so natural nga lang kaso nagpakita nagpa-asar talo siya dun sa mga barkada ng husband ko na makulit. Pero natawa lang kame. Hehe.

Tapos add ko lang, as sort of warning.

After kase ng event, my husband and I and a few of my friends stayed kase nagchichikahan pa kame.

Tapos one of our guests called kase naiwan nila yung bracelet nung daughter nila.

Yung naglilinis, tinanong namin tapos nadescribe nya yung bracelet. Tapos sabi nga niya na may nakapulot at in-endorse daw sa guard. So pumunta yung husband ko tapos sabi nung guard may pinag-abutan daw siya na hindi nila makita. So medyo wary na kame. Kase diba dapat yung mga lost and found items naka-log yun. Eh sila wala.

It took them awhile to find the said item. And we saw the manager na medyo aligaga sa labas, calling someone on his cellphone and pacing back and forth. Buti na lang nakita nila yung bracelet kung hindi, lagot sila sa may-ari nun. Promise.

Security measures nila should be tighter. If somebody from their management could read this, hope you take my suggestions to improve your services.
    ---
    Pero aside from that incident, wala namang ibang problema. Masaya kame sa service and nag-enjoy naman ata lahat ng guests namin.

To be honest, nung nasa planning stages kame, yung ine-envision ko na party for Wolf yung bonggang-bongga talaga. But heeding many advises, practicality pa din ang nangibabaw. Sa totoo lang wala naman kaming ginawa bukod sa pagbayad at pumunta na lang dun, pero as with any parties, nakaka-exhaust siya talaga. At buti na lang ganun pinili namin kase hindi ako pwedeng ma-stress dahil sa hyperthyroid ko.

Siguro nga yung bonggang party na yun, sa 7th party na ni Wolf. At least makakatulong na din siya sa preparation at may input na siya.

Sorry for the long post and hope this would help you guys in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleribbon View Post
    Hi! My daughter is turning 7 next month and I have encountered vjstreetevents21 while surfing the internet for party hosts. Grabe sobra mura ng packages nila na naka-post. Kaya lang kc I had an experience last time na sa sobrang kakatipid . . . pumalpak! Ayun, nalaman ko sa isang forum ng mga moms na horror ang experience nya sa vjstreets21. Anyway, hindi naman siguro pare-pareho ang teams nila and I think there's always room for improvement.
    hi my daughter will turning 7 also this year..i was "amazed" when i found out about vjstreet...because its so "less expensive" thats why nakakapag duda nga...tapos i called them and masungit un nakasagot..isip ko baka she woke up at the wrong side of the bed...anyways...try ko pa rin hanap ng iba...

ok ba sa shakeys? kase nahihirapan ako sa venue na hindi open more on clubhouse kase ang meron dito sa amin which is open ...eh di pa naman puede ganun kase tag-ulan ang birthday ng anak ko..any suggestions please..area ng pasig?

oo nga... kung magtitipid rin lang kayo, stick with trusted brands like jollibee and mcdo... rather than risk all and try a super duper cheap supplier na you don't know for sure can deliver

peeya... apat po ata you left your multiply account so others can see your products

..i finally have my son.. watzupwidju's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by planggacious View Post
    newbie here

had my son's baptism at the parish of the hearts of jesus & mary sa west triangle. the reception naman was at rustica, a resto just across st.mary's college-qc. the food at rustica was great! okay din ang service, plus you get the whole venue (air-conditioned resto with bar & an outdoor patio) for free!

for rauf's baptism, the ceremony was at 4pm, then we were at rustica na from 430 until 10. family & friends hang out at the a/c resto area while our smoker friends & drinking buddies enjoyed the outdoor patio.

> helo po. just want to ask how much sa rustica? plan ko na kagad kasi ipa-dedicate baby ko maybe weeks after i give birth since uuwi daddy and lola ko from abroad.. and the dedication will happen sa crossroad 77, across rustica lang ****. thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by todotaray View Post
    hi everyone!

im really fascinated with the topics you have here that's why i registered just today. im a newbie in this site and a newbie mommy at the same time, just gave birth last jan11.

in connection to nicholettes' post, i would also like to ask for recommendations since my hubby and i are setting our baby's christening this summer but got problems on 2 main items:
    1. a nice and solemn church accessible to our residence
    2. an affordable caterer and venue for at least 70 guests

i am hoping for your help on these.
    we stay in novaliches, also near mindanao ave

thanks a lot! looking forward to your opinion!

hello... Im also looking for a church and reception venue for the christening of my daughter somehwere in mindanao ave or commonwealth. We are also staying in novaliches. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by cathsarm View Post
    hello... Im also looking for a church and reception venue for the christening of my daughter somehwere in mindanao ave or commonwealth. We are also staying in novaliches. Any suggestions?
    perhaps you might want to consider San Nicolas de Tolentino Parish behind cherry foodarama in congressional avenue. we held my daughter's baptismal there on a saturday, 11am. then we just had our reception at max's restaurant at northridge plaza.

help mommies may alam ba kayo na balloon twisting... i want it for my baby's baptismal dis coming march 7, just for the cake lang nmn they call it balloon cake arch. and also the cake yung yummy... ayaw n kc nmin ni hubby s goldilocks and redribbon *** nmn maiba.. thanks!!!

hi, mommies!

hay nako, ako eh mapapasubo ata. i wasn't really planning on having a kiddie party on yana's 2nd birthday kasi i was thinking sa 3rd birthday na lang, then the 5th, then the 7th, etc. pero because she loves jollibee SO SO SO SO SO much, everytime anyone in the family says "yana... will celebrate.... her 2nd birthday... in Jollibee!!!", tuwang-tuwa ang bata. with matching clapping of the hands, a HUGE smile on her face, and an aim to blow an "imaginary candle" in the air. hay. talagang mapapasubo ako, mga sis. hehe.

nakakatuwa.

Quote Originally Posted by cathsarm View Post
    We live in Nova, too, and we had our son baptised at St. Peter's Parish along Commonwealth Ave last October. They have a separate baptistry. Medjo maliit nga lang pero if you're after solemnity, I suggest na you give them a visit.

HTH.

Page 64 of 96 FirstFirst ... 14 54 63 64 65 74 ... LastLast