PEx Highlights

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter

Be in the know! Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter for community, movies, sports and promo updates.

read more

PROMO: The Book of Life

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive The Book of Life merchandise!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

Top Female Celebrities

2 more weeks and she will officially be the IT GIRL of the month. Can her fans keep it up? Jane Oineza is still PEx's Top Female Celeb!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

Page 153 of 253 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 203 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 5044
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihtzu21
    hi vingo
    eto, nagbabasa sana kaso parang nag-down ang pex buti ok na ulit
    kumusta na?
    Shihtzu, di mo pala alam ang bago kong number.

Quote Originally Posted by mythumbelina
    http://dynamic2.philonline.com/October_2003_goodLife/g101803_a.gif

http://dynamic2.philonline.com/October_2003_goodLife/g101803_b.gif

Judy Ann Santos: Royal daughter
    Judy Ann Santos is far from being a real princess in real life, though she can probably claim the drama princess title. In the upcoming sequel to Mano Po, Regal Entertainment’s Mano Po 2, however, she admits to feeling like a real princess. A “royal daughter” of sorts.

The young superstar explains, “In this movie, I play the daughter of Susan Roces, the Queen of Philippine Cinema. A few years back, in Isusumbong Kita sa Tatay Ko, I played the daughter of Tita Susan’s husband, Fernando Poe Jr., the King of Philippine movies. The royal couple are my parents and that makes me a ‘royal daughter’! O, di ba?”

Of course, based on her own merits in the box office, Judai, as she is referred to by friends and fans, is already showbiz royalty. She is a drama and telenovela princess, one of the very few young stars unofficially proclaimed as a box-office queen—a young superstar.

But more than the titles, Judai is honored and thrilled by the chance to work with the country’s finest actors in Mano Po 2, led by Roces, Lorna Tolentino, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Kris Aquino, Jay Manalo, and Christopher de Leon.

“By the way, Christopher de Leon is my father. And Tito Boyet is the drama king—which makes a ‘royal daughter’ twice over.”

“I feel like a real actress in Mano Po 2,” she muses. “Imagine having dramatic scenes with Tita Susan, Tito Boyet, Lorna, Zsa Zsa, and Jay. All of them are multi-awarded actors. I’m honored.”

Kris Aquino rounds up the cast as the young Susan.

In past films, Judai was paired with the likes of Robin Padilla, Piolo Pascual, Wowie de Guzman, Rico Yan, and Dingdong Dantes. These movies were either melodramas or light comedies. In Mano Po 2, she has no love interest and tackles a serious role as the heiresses of a Chinese tycoon (de Leon) who is estranged from her Filipina mother (Roces).

Portraying her siblings are Carmina Villaroel and Cogie Domingo. Directed by Erik Matti and written by Roy Iglesias and Mother Lily Monteverde, Mano Po 2 is a Filipino-Chinese family drama of a Chinese tycoon with three wives, played by Roces, Zsa Zsa Padilla, and Lorna Tolentino. Mano Po 2 is Regal’s entry to the forthcoming Metro Manila Film Festival.

Aside from Judai, Carmina, and Cogie, the other young stars of Mano Po 2 are Alessandra de Rossi, Maxene Magalona, Richard Gutierrez, and Chynna Ortaleza.

Judai started as a child star. She was the star of the TV series Ula: Ang Batang Gubat. She then graduated to teenage roles on TV and the big screen, among them top- rating soap operas Mara Clara and Esperanza, and the blockbuster movie Sana Naman, which Boots Plata directed under Regal. Countless successful telenovelas and movies followed.

Although more noted for her dramatic roles, Judy Ann Santos is also at home in comic roles. A truly versatile actress, Judai is raring to do action and offbeat roles.

“But there’s nothing like being cast in a big movie like Mano Po 2. Mother Lily even brought the cast to Shanghai, where I admired Tita Susan even more for being such a hardworking lady,” she says. Walang reklamo kahit pagod na pagod na siya. Kaya kami wala ring reklamo (She never complains, no matter how tired she is. So we also have no complaints). We follow the example of the Queen.”
    mis ko tuloy si FPJ,,,grabe ilang beses namin pinanood yung isusumbong kita sa tatay ko,,pati daddy ko na sioneng,,,

sige work muna ulet!!

Quote Originally Posted by cathy beltran
    hello ms.datla

buti naman medyo ok na pex,,saan na kaya yung ibang sisters natin,,
    Hi Madam Cathy!

Baka nagpahinga sila. Nabuset sa bagal ng PEx.

hello uli sa lahat

kaasar talaga....
    bumagal c pex...
    tas bigla pa nawala power **.....

buti nlng bumalik uli

Quote Originally Posted by datla
    congrats ms.datla sa ps

Quote Originally Posted by chasm0402
    hello uli sa lahat

kaasar talaga....
    bumagal c pex...
    tas bigla pa nawala power **.....

buti nlng bumalik uli

hello lhai

cool ka na medyo ok na PEX,,sana,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Raingirl
    sige work muna ulet!!
    Enjoy your work.

KeepdGoodVibe
    http://www.sharoncuneta.com/articles/yes17.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Raingirl
    sige work muna ulet!!

hello

puro bati nalang ako

congrats ms.datla sa ps
    Thanks, Madam Cathy.

KeepdGoodVibe
    http://www.sharoncuneta.com/articles/yes18.jpg
    by Blaise C. Gacoscos, Yes! Magazine, June 2002

http://www.sharoncuneta.com/articles/yes20.gif

When you finally manage to get Sharon Cuneta and Judy Ann Santos together in one movie, you're expected to have nothing less than a record breaker. So, even if times are fickle, money hard, movies not the sure fire things they used to be, the Sharon-Judy Ann starrer are not allowed to do less. What pressure!

"Over so many years of being in this business," says 36-year-old Sharon, "I know already that when people expect so much, you can't take it seriously. You take it seriously in the sense that you give your best. But you know what? You cannot live every moment while you're making the movie keeping that in mind. That's gonna kill you. I think other actors will understand what I'm saying. Kami, we're happy na siguro may konting attraction na 'yung team-up namin ni Juday. Sa 'min, we're happy na they even have expectations. Although it's a little bit of pressure, you know. Pero we're too busy to even be stressed about what they think. We're just doing our best..."

Judy Ann, who turned 24 last May, sees the pressure, too. "Sobrang taas ang expectation, kasing taas ng Eiffel Tower, nalulunod ako! Nakakalunod actually ang pressure."

To eliminate the pressure, this is what Judy Ann says she does: "Kung ano ang ine-expect ng mga tao, 'yon ang hindi ko ginagawa... Hanggang maari tumataliwas ako kasi ayoko ng feeling na nag-e-expect din ako, tapos hindi ko ma-reach ang expectations na nasa utak ko."

And on those occasions that expetations weren't reached, Judy ANn found herself saying: "Lesson learned."

She adds: "Masakit, parang, 'Loser ba ako?' Ayoko na ng gan'*** feeling. Parang hindi positive na magkaroon ka ng gan'*** pakiramdam sa katawan mo 'tsaka sa project na ginagawa mo."

Anyway, she says, she accepted long ago that the box-office burden is on the star whose name is written above the movie title.

"Tanggap ko na 'yon!" she says. "Mas magugulat ako kung hindi nila ako idadamay sa sisis kapag nabagsak ang isang film. Mas ikagugulat ko pa 'yon na walang negative write-ups sa akin at dedepansahan pa ako kapag bumagsak ang pelikula ko. Wala pang gan'un na nagyayari na mayroon akong bumagsak na pelikula tapos dinepensahan pa ako. Laging nas akin 'yung sisi."

Then, after the box office pressure comes the pressure to win an award.

Judy Ann nods vigorously. "Iniisip ko pa nga lang ngayon ang pag-attend ng awards night, parang may paru-paro na ako sa tiyan e," she says with great candor. "Yung parang feeling ko, enjoyin ko nalang ang gabi, enjoyin ko na lang lahat ng mangyayari mula ipalabas itong pelikula namin. Importante, nasa satisfy si Direk Joel sa ginagawa ko. And the mere fact na mag-take one sa mga scenes na ginagawa ko sa kanya, achievment na sa akin 'yon."

Sharon and Judy Ann play siblings in Joel Lamangan's Magkapatid.

Sharon has this to say: "God has given us so much ni Christopher [de Leon, her co-star]. Naliligo na ng award 'yan. Hindi na mabilang. Ako, 'di pa naman naliligo, naaambunan lang ng konti e tama na 'yon in one lifetime. You know, Juday is young and I think her role is something different for her, so it's parang bringing out what, kunyari, her drama roles on TV had not given justice to or not given a chance to shine, 'di ba? The pressure is, I think is good. It keeps us on our toes pero it's not what we live for every day on the set. Ako, I enjot being with Judy Ann when we make kuwento..."

http://www.sharoncuneta.com/articles/yes19.jpg
    Sharon must really like Judy Ann. She can makes excuses for the girl when the later is a little late coming to the set.

"This girl has to rest because sometimes she's late, you know," declares Sharon like a concerned older sister. "But I cannot find it in my heart to get angry at her. She finishes taping at seven in the morning. She takes a bath and she comes to our set. And the pinaka-late she's been is probably less than two hours. I've heard from other actors that there are some actors who actually just come from their house and make their co-actors wait for six hours! And that's something unforgivable as far as I'm concerned. I have a lot of respect for her. Not because she's my co star, but I've worked with 10 million other people ...you see that at a young age, she knows how to value her blessings, she loves her family, she works hard. So I respect that a lot because I don't know many people like that.

And where work is concerned, Sharon has no complaints about Judy Ann. Says she, "She gives me a lot. Sabi ko nga kanina, ang hirap ng nakikipagacting ka sa tuod. When you're doing a scene, it's not just you, e. It's really how the scene comes together 'coz no matter how hard you try, how much you give, kung 'yang ka eksena mo does not give you enough bala, it's not gonna work. You're not gonna do your best."

Meantime, Judy Ann, star struck from the very first shooting day, is all praises and good cheer when talking about the Mega Star. Says she: "Magaling siyang artista. Sobra. Nakakatuwa. Hindi ko iisipin na ang isang Sharon Cuneta ang mag-aabalang i-motivate ka, tulungan ka matapos mong maayos 'yung eksena. Nagbibigay siya ng mga tips kung paano 'yung mga ginagawa niya para maka-react siya sa kaeksena niya at 'tsakainiisa-isa niya lahat. Kumbaga, ayaw niya rin magkamali siya. So ako, ayoko rin magkamali, nakakahiya naman, baka mamaya masigawa ako ni Direk Joel."

But that doesn't seem forthcoming. Joel Lamangan has no complaints about his two stars. "Judy Ann is a very sensitive actress, like Sharon," he says. "Sharon is an intelligent actress. Wala ka ng masyadong motivation not gagawin sa kanila. They know what to do."

Even before the camera started rolling on April 3, Sharon had already decided to play ate to Judy Ann.

"I've taken it upon myself also to look after her," she says seriously. "I don't know her other scenes, yang mga sinu-shoot niya without me, but as long as I'm there I'm always watching her."

Sharon knew, of course, that there was bound to be speculation on who between them was getting the better deal say, with the number of highlights. Says she, "Hindi ako mahilig na makikialam sa production. Ang pakikialaman ko yung ano ba ang gagawin ko. Pero ayaw na ayaw ko yang because you're so and so, may nagpi-feeling na nadedehado o nao-OA."

Sharon's support for Judy Ann extended beyond the set of Magkapatid. When Judy Ann taped for her birthday special at the UP Theater, she was assigned a green room backstage that she had to share with Sharon. But Sharon very graciously chose to stay outside and let Judy Ann occupy the whole space instead. Judy Ann was touched. But, as Sharon says: "Si Juday, hindi pa niya alam na superstar na siya."

http://www.sharoncuneta.com/articles/yes17.jpg
    Just the other day, nadaan sa harap ng office ang truck ng Summit Publishing. Isa 'to sa mga nakabanderang mag dun.

Quote Originally Posted by datla
    ay bakit sila lang nagbibigayan ng number?

http://www.sharoncuneta.com/articles/yes18.jpg
    by Blaise C. Gacoscos, Yes! Magazine, June 2002

http://www.sharoncuneta.com/articles/yes20.gif

When you finally manage to get Sharon Cuneta and Judy Ann Santos together in one movie, you're expected to have nothing less than a record breaker. So, even if times are fickle, money hard, movies not the sure fire things they used to be, the Sharon-Judy Ann starrer are not allowed to do less. What pressure!

"Over so many years of being in this business," says 36-year-old Sharon, "I know already that when people expect so much, you can't take it seriously. You take it seriously in the sense that you give your best. But you know what? You cannot live every moment while you're making the movie keeping that in mind. That's gonna kill you. I think other actors will understand what I'm saying. Kami, we're happy na siguro may konting attraction na 'yung team-up namin ni Juday. Sa 'min, we're happy na they even have expectations. Although it's a little bit of pressure, you know. Pero we're too busy to even be stressed about what they think. We're just doing our best..."

Judy Ann, who turned 24 last May, sees the pressure, too. "Sobrang taas ang expectation, kasing taas ng Eiffel Tower, nalulunod ako! Nakakalunod actually ang pressure."

To eliminate the pressure, this is what Judy Ann says she does: "Kung ano ang ine-expect ng mga tao, 'yon ang hindi ko ginagawa... Hanggang maari tumataliwas ako kasi ayoko ng feeling na nag-e-expect din ako, tapos hindi ko ma-reach ang expectations na nasa utak ko."

And on those occasions that expetations weren't reached, Judy ANn found herself saying: "Lesson learned."

She adds: "Masakit, parang, 'Loser ba ako?' Ayoko na ng gan'*** feeling. Parang hindi positive na magkaroon ka ng gan'*** pakiramdam sa katawan mo 'tsaka sa project na ginagawa mo."

Anyway, she says, she accepted long ago that the box-office burden is on the star whose name is written above the movie title.

"Tanggap ko na 'yon!" she says. "Mas magugulat ako kung hindi nila ako idadamay sa sisis kapag nabagsak ang isang film. Mas ikagugulat ko pa 'yon na walang negative write-ups sa akin at dedepansahan pa ako kapag bumagsak ang pelikula ko. Wala pang gan'un na nagyayari na mayroon akong bumagsak na pelikula tapos dinepensahan pa ako. Laging nas akin 'yung sisi."

Then, after the box office pressure comes the pressure to win an award.

Judy Ann nods vigorously. "Iniisip ko pa nga lang ngayon ang pag-attend ng awards night, parang may paru-paro na ako sa tiyan e," she says with great candor. "Yung parang feeling ko, enjoyin ko nalang ang gabi, enjoyin ko na lang lahat ng mangyayari mula ipalabas itong pelikula namin. Importante, nasa satisfy si Direk Joel sa ginagawa ko. And the mere fact na mag-take one sa mga scenes na ginagawa ko sa kanya, achievment na sa akin 'yon."

Sharon and Judy Ann play siblings in Joel Lamangan's Magkapatid.

Sharon has this to say: "God has given us so much ni Christopher [de Leon, her co-star]. Naliligo na ng award 'yan. Hindi na mabilang. Ako, 'di pa naman naliligo, naaambunan lang ng konti e tama na 'yon in one lifetime. You know, Juday is young and I think her role is something different for her, so it's parang bringing out what, kunyari, her drama roles on TV had not given justice to or not given a chance to shine, 'di ba? The pressure is, I think is good. It keeps us on our toes pero it's not what we live for every day on the set. Ako, I enjot being with Judy Ann when we make kuwento..."

http://www.sharoncuneta.com/articles/yes19.jpg
    Sharon must really like Judy Ann. She can makes excuses for the girl when the later is a little late coming to the set.

"This girl has to rest because sometimes she's late, you know," declares Sharon like a concerned older sister. "But I cannot find it in my heart to get angry at her. She finishes taping at seven in the morning. She takes a bath and she comes to our set. And the pinaka-late she's been is probably less than two hours. I've heard from other actors that there are some actors who actually just come from their house and make their co-actors wait for six hours! And that's something unforgivable as far as I'm concerned. I have a lot of respect for her. Not because she's my co star, but I've worked with 10 million other people ...you see that at a young age, she knows how to value her blessings, she loves her family, she works hard. So I respect that a lot because I don't know many people like that.

And where work is concerned, Sharon has no complaints about Judy Ann. Says she, "She gives me a lot. Sabi ko nga kanina, ang hirap ng nakikipagacting ka sa tuod. When you're doing a scene, it's not just you, e. It's really how the scene comes together 'coz no matter how hard you try, how much you give, kung 'yang ka eksena mo does not give you enough bala, it's not gonna work. You're not gonna do your best."

Meantime, Judy Ann, star struck from the very first shooting day, is all praises and good cheer when talking about the Mega Star. Says she: "Magaling siyang artista. Sobra. Nakakatuwa. Hindi ko iisipin na ang isang Sharon Cuneta ang mag-aabalang i-motivate ka, tulungan ka matapos mong maayos 'yung eksena. Nagbibigay siya ng mga tips kung paano 'yung mga ginagawa niya para maka-react siya sa kaeksena niya at 'tsakainiisa-isa niya lahat. Kumbaga, ayaw niya rin magkamali siya. So ako, ayoko rin magkamali, nakakahiya naman, baka mamaya masigawa ako ni Direk Joel."

But that doesn't seem forthcoming. Joel Lamangan has no complaints about his two stars. "Judy Ann is a very sensitive actress, like Sharon," he says. "Sharon is an intelligent actress. Wala ka ng masyadong motivation not gagawin sa kanila. They know what to do."

Even before the camera started rolling on April 3, Sharon had already decided to play ate to Judy Ann.

"I've taken it upon myself also to look after her," she says seriously. "I don't know her other scenes, yang mga sinu-shoot niya without me, but as long as I'm there I'm always watching her."

Sharon knew, of course, that there was bound to be speculation on who between them was getting the better deal say, with the number of highlights. Says she, "Hindi ako mahilig na makikialam sa production. Ang pakikialaman ko yung ano ba ang gagawin ko. Pero ayaw na ayaw ko yang because you're so and so, may nagpi-feeling na nadedehado o nao-OA."

Sharon's support for Judy Ann extended beyond the set of Magkapatid. When Judy Ann taped for her birthday special at the UP Theater, she was assigned a green room backstage that she had to share with Sharon. But Sharon very graciously chose to stay outside and let Judy Ann occupy the whole space instead. Judy Ann was touched. But, as Sharon says: "Si Juday, hindi pa niya alam na superstar na siya."
    Ang bait naman ni Mega. Sana magkaroon ulit sila ng movie ni Judai.

Quote Originally Posted by chasm0402
    ay bakit sila lang nagbibigayan ng number?
    Lhai, hiningi niya kasi ang number ko eh.

KeepdGoodVibe
    http://www.malaya.com.ph/apr18/images/17juday.jpg

hello

puro bati nalang ako
    Ok lang kesa naman bump at up lang ang post mo.

whewww natapos ko ring basahin,,

thanks mt for posting,,ngayon ko lang nabasa yan,,,

superb pareho kasing mabait at totoong tao yang dalawa na yan,,,
    di sila mga plastik,,,mapagkawang gawa pa sa mga taong nangangailangan ng tulong,,

tinotopak na naman ang PEX,,

Quote Originally Posted by vingo
    if i remember it ryt, It was the first car of Rico.. It was colored red, actually I had a picture of that before di ko na lang maremember kung san ko nilagay.. It was featured on tv patrol pa nga.. hinatid nya ata si juday from their taping sa Gimik..

miss ko na ri corics.. sobra... esp. yung Honey na Pangga Days pa nila...
    Member ka ba ng fans club na yun?

Bongga ang kotse na yun ni Rico. Gusto ko yun eh. Isa sa mga dream cars ko. Nakakamit ko lang tuwing natutulog ako.

Page 153 of 253 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 152 153 154 163 203 ... LastLast