PEx Highlights

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PROMO: Interstellar

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Interstellar!

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Question

Hey pips!!! I have a major problem right now. Since Swimming ang PE ko next year sa DLSU, we are required to wear swimsuits. Pano na yan, ang dami kong scars. How will I get them off, erase, or hide them? Basta mawala lang siya talaga.... Nakakahiya kasi eh!!!

First off, sebo de macho doesn't work. Let's make that clear already. For your scars, it's best to see a dermatologist to check on what exactly caused it, and maybe he or she can help make it go away faster. However, if going to a doctor is out of the question, I'm afraid you'll have to let time "heal your wounds". It will fade, but it will take a long time for it to do so.

Wink

welcome to the club...sa sobrang dami ng threads about scars...it seems na i'm not alone with this prob...

Talking

Doc, by a dermatologist...do we mean one for the face? as in those facial care clinics i see along the streets? would they have treatments for scars in the legs too?

GiRLiEnG GuRLaSH at 30ish CLaiRe_ChiLL's Avatar

Unhappy

HHHoorreeeyyy.... hindi lang tayong dalawa dee-dee marami rin pala......

Chilli: Dermatologists treat diseases of the skin, not just the face. It just so happens that the majority of cases they treat are facial problems, but yes, they are competent and qualified to treat any skin problems. Be sure to get recommendations from your friends or family about good dermatologists before going to one, though. The facial care clinics sometimes only have cosmetologists on their payroll and no dermatologists to speak of. Be sure that the one you're going to has an M.D. after their name.

Wink

naku,akala ko deedee ako lang ang nag-ssuffer ng ganito.
    Anyway, ang major problem ko lang talaga ay yung sa legs kc super tagal niyang maalis.
    yung sa face, pwede pa maalis ng astringent kc ang mga scars daw sa face ay mga dead skin lang daw.