The Cueshe Rip-off Ribbing Thread | Music and Radio | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... Last

The Cueshe Rip-off Ribbing Thread

I've heard of "unconscious/accidental" plagiarisms before...but this one takes the cake.

Stanza chords (or at least, the chords leading to the stanza/verses) ripped straight out of "Perfect" by Simple Plan (not that I like Simple Plan). You can even try singing "Hey, dad, look at me..." and I promise you, it would perfectly fit.

Chorus chord progression (at least the 1st part) is similar to "The Greatest View" by Silverchair. For those not in the know, it's the lines:

"And if you stay, I'll hold your hand" - Stay, by Queshe

and

"I'm watching you watch over me" - The Greatest View, by Silverchair

that sounds SOOOOOOOOOO alike.

I don't know what to make of that (Queshe) band....and people are actually liking the song for god knows what reasons.

Personally, I feel that if you really ripped off other song's melodies, you lack creativity and can't call yourself a true musician. If it was accidental plagiarism...grabe naman ang chamba nitong bandang 'to...

NOTE: To the guys who'll flame me saying "why don't you build your own band and write songs na may chord progressions na di pa ginagamit kahit kelan?" - My opinion, my post. Hehehe...just had to get the annoyance out of my chest.

ditto dude same here i can't believe how other people praise this when its really obvious a rp off...

Some Like It Hot
    mejo off the topic pero same din with this band called sick cycle mind. they have a song which goes ....."ayos lang basta't kasama, konting alak lang kahit walang pulutan" ........which sounds like the chorus of the beautiful ones by suede..."here they come the beautiful ones..."

candy;

the band you're talking about is 6cyclemind and the song they released was "sige". that song also had the same chord progression as moonstar88's "turete". now, i don't know if this is true, but some people told me that the guitarist for moonstar88 and 6cyclemind are the same, hence, the chord progressions. hehehe...i guess that explains it.

and yes, the chord progressions used for both of that songs are like suede's "beautiful ones"...

Wink cueshe.......

do u know that cueshe is from cebu....and we are very proud of our fellows that reach at top in the music scene. their song was very nice and climb at the top spot of the charts we are very proud of u guys

Dunno that they're from Cebu.

The song is nice of course, since it used a tried and tested progression from another song... geez...

ganda talaga ng greatest view

YOU KNOW WHO QUESHE SOUNDS LIKE? THEY SOUND LIKE ALTER BRIDGE WHO SOUND LIKE CREED WITHOUT SCOTT STAPP SINGING LEAD VOCALS!

SOMEBODY GIMME SOME GLAM......GIMME SOME REAL MUSIC, NOT THIS GENERIC BUSINESS AS USUAL ALTERNACRAP POLLUTING THE AIRWAVES FOR 14 YEARS RUNNING!
    Last edited by Pandaemonaeon; Jul 24, 2005 at 07:25 AM.

Full-time Lurker
    lumang issue na yan.. unang release pa lang nung single na yan dami ng nakapansin na katunog nga ng greatest view.. tsaka personally napansin ko ren agad na katunog nga nung perfect. wehehehehhe.

Quote Originally Posted by speeka
    lumang issue na yan.. unang release pa lang nung single na yan dami ng nakapansin na katunog nga ng greatest view.. tsaka personally napansin ko ren agad na katunog nga nung perfect. wehehehehhe.
    kesehodang luma pang issue yan ang pinaguusapan dito ang obvious plagiarism which is kahit saan mo tignan ay mali...

Quote Originally Posted by FacJoe
    candy;

the band you're talking about is 6cyclemind and the song they released was "sige". that song also had the same chord progression as moonstar88's "turete". now, i don't know if this is true, but some people told me that the guitarist for moonstar88 and 6cyclemind are the same, hence, the chord progressions. hehehe...i guess that explains it.

and yes, the chord progressions used for both of that songs are like suede's "beautiful ones"...
    from what i heard, pareho songwriters ng 'sige' at 'torete'. yes, they dont write all their songs.

Plagiarism 101

I think cueshe and session road recorded their songs in one studio.

Badtrip talaga. Try singing The Greatest View after listening to "Stay". Shiet. In fairness, I don't think they're the only local band who copied (or outright stole ) some foreign band's chord progression.

*cough*rip-off*cough

here's what i did to "shield" myself from annoyance from that song:

1. looped "The Greatest View" sa media player and indefinitely played it (played it over and over until I felt i was "cleansed" lol...)

2. created this thread to spread the knowledge that such a song existed before that other song

3. sang and played "The Greatest View" over and over again...haha...

pero in fairness, I can sing both songs w/o mixing up the tunes (i mean...after naman kasi nung similar lines nila w/ similar melody, medyo iba na *** tono)...my gf wasn't able to sing "The Greatest View" properly after hearing stay...haha... ewan if it's the annoyance factor or talagang nakaka-loko lang yung tono.

ENLIGHTEN ME: what's up with the 'joke' "maybe session road and cueshe recorded their songs in 1 recording studio"? do any of their songs sound alike? (or do their songs sound like "The Greatest View" for the matter?)

thanks.

yah kaya pala parang familiar yung song coz it sounded like the greatest view..tsk tsk

HEHE...

I have a crazy idea.

Orange and Lemons and Cueshe will have a concert daw. Now, I like Orange and Lemons...pero I will come to the concert for Cueshe. Here's what I need:

1. Lots of Silverchair fans who know the song "The Greatest View". Mga lalaki/babae na malakas ang boses.
    2. We sing "I'm watching you watch over me" to drown out the lyrics being sung by the band when they get on stage to perform their "song"...basta, we sing "I'm watching you watch over me" dun sa chorus na part (yung rip-off part)...wahahaha

watchu think? i know it's lame...pero tinotopak ako e.

I can't believe NU's sponsoring the gig...(well, NU daw..sabi sa akin). I bet majority of the DJs there know that it's a silverchair ripoff....

Quote Originally Posted by FacJoe
    HEHE...

I have a crazy idea.

Orange and Lemons and Cueshe will have a concert daw. Now, I like Orange and Lemons...pero I will come to the concert for Cueshe. Here's what I need:

1. Lots of Silverchair fans who know the song "The Greatest View". Mga lalaki/babae na malakas ang boses.
    2. We sing "I'm watching you watch over me" to drown out the lyrics being sung by the band when they get on stage to perform their "song"...basta, we sing "I'm watching you watch over me" dun sa chorus na part (yung rip-off part)...wahahaha

watchu think? i know it's lame...pero tinotopak ako e.

I can't believe NU's sponsoring the gig...(well, NU daw..sabi sa akin). I bet majority of the DJs there know that it's a silverchair ripoff....
    i bet even the DJs dont like the band..or the song at least

Banned by Admin
    meron po ba kayong mp3 ng STAY song nila? pls PM me thanks!

i like facjoe's idea. astig sa trip! hahaha!

Full-time Lurker
    @FacJoe

yung session road naman kasi yung song ng superdrag yung ginaya nila..as in parehong pareho talaga.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... Last