PEx Highlights

REVIEW: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Visually stunning, haunting and compelling, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is a must-see.

read more

PHOTOS: San Mig Cops Grand Slam

San Mig became the 5th team in PBA history to achieve a Grand Slam after escaping Rain or Shine with a hard-earned 92-89 game 5 win.

read more

PHOTOS: PLDT Crushes Cagayan

Despite a decent effort, the PLDT Turbo Boosters crushed defending champions Cagayan in a straight-set 25-23, 25-23, 25-21 win.

read more

Show Me Your Teeths: BesTEETHS!

The girls go emo and sentimental and pay tribute to best friends and sidekicks in the realm of Pinoy TV, movies, and... Batang X?

read more

Season Preview: UAAP Season 77

The most exciting collegiate basketball tournament is back. Find out what the different teams bring to the table in UAAP Season 77.

read more

Where San Mig Stands in History's Best Teams

What made the Grand Slam even more memorable was how San Mig had to overcome several obstacles to achieve this remarkable feat.

read more

how to clean sizzling plates

does anyone know how to keep the rust off sizzling plates?bumili kasi ako sa mall tpos paghugas ko nangalawang na..already tried rubbing it off with soap and water, even vinegar panga..pero it keeps on coming back eh..d ko tuloy magamit..any suggestions?

Beerhand Gets Big Pots GreatBop's Avatar
    baka naman *** mumurahing sizzling plate ang binili mo??

anyway.. i really don't like sizzling plates... i really don't know why filipinos love those things. i mean,,, they do nothing but further cook the food.. drying the sauce up, over cooking the meat itself rin.

Scrub rust away with cold soap water, then wipe it thoroughly dry. Reaseason by coating with veg oil and heating over medium heat for at least 15 minutes. Cool down and store your plate away.

After next use: Lightly wash your plate with cold soap water, wipe it down or place it back on a stovetop over med-lo heat to thoroughly dry. Dab up a with veg oil and coat up your plate. You don't need that much oil, just enough to leave a thin coat.

Good luck.

clean, dry, rub cooking oil over them and store indoors (they collect dew when stored outside).

clean again before using.

L'enfer, c'est les autres illumina's Avatar
    That should be the way to treat cast iron pans too, right?

Yah, but I don't scrub it down with abrasives unless I plan to reseason it, and I don't always coat our skillet after wash. I just heat it up over medium for at least five minutes. But do coat it with oil if you do plan to store it away for a long time. We use ours almost every other day.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatBop
    baka naman *** mumurahing sizzling plate ang binili mo??

anyway.. i really don't like sizzling plates... i really don't know why filipinos love those things. i mean,,, they do nothing but further cook the food.. drying the sauce up, over cooking the meat itself rin.
    onga eh mumurahin lang, binili ko sa megamall for 100+ ata each hehe
    kakagana kasi pag nagsisizzzle pa ang kinakain mo eh