PEx Highlights

Show Me Your Nahulog na Teeths!

Chelsey takes over hosting duties for this week's episode! She and her guest talk about the big fall from the recently held Cosmo Bachelor Bash.

read more

REVIEW: Annabelle

Annabelle is a fun, scary screamfest for the barkada.

read more

RPG: 2014 PEx School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

It's back! Enroll now in the 2014 PinoyExchange School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

read more

PHOTOS: NU Eliminates Ateneo from Final Four

The NU Bulldogs have successfully booked a trip to the UAAP Finals, their first one since 1970, via a 65-63 victory over the Ateneo Blue Eagles.

read more

PROMO: Gone Girl

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Gone Girl!

read more

PHOTOS: Belo Plays the Hero for FEU

Mac Belo nailed a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer, sending the FEU Tamaraws to the UAAP Finals with a 67-64 win over the DLSU Green Archers.

read more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

School W/ Low Tuition Fee But Has Quality..

Pls recommend school/university with low tuition fee but offers quality education. Prferably Manila area, Cubao, Mandaluyong and nearby areas. Your suggestions are very much appreciated. It wud be more helpful f u can also post the tuition fee rates and related matters.

Tnx in advance.....

Don't know their tuition fees, but PUP and PLM come to mind.

it's like asking for a winning number:

"kung ako alam tayo hindi usap!"

Aside from PUP and PLM, PNU is also a good school, especially for education.

UP, PLM, PUP, UST, UE (Accounting)

Adamson, TIP, TUP (Engineering)

FEU, UST (Sciences)

Advocatus Diaboli
    FEU and UST have low tuition fees?

PUP's tuition is P12 per unit.

PUP's tuition and fees

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gobbledygook
    UP, PLM, PUP, UST, UE (Accounting)

Adamson, TIP, TUP (Engineering)

FEU, UST (Sciences)

hey, UE's one of the most expensive schools along Recto. 'yan ang sabi nung na-meet ng tropa ko na taga UE. ang mahal daw ng singil ng mga babae dun.

Quote Originally Posted by Introvert_S
    FEU and UST have low tuition fees?
    malamang kumpara sa UA&P and Ateneo.

Advocatus Diaboli
    yeah I know, but would you still consider the tuition of these 2 schools as "low cost"?

baka niko-compare ni pareng gobbledygook sa dlsu.

UST's tuition fee is cheap compared to LaSalle/AdMU/MIT/UA&P. As well as UE and FEU. It's all relative though. What cheap to me might be an expensive to some people or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka_Joe
    PUP's tuition is P12 per unit.

PUP's tuition and fees
    hard to believe but true. as far as I know, it offers the lowest tuiton among all colleges and universities in the country.

but then, dadaan ka sa butas ng karayom para makapasok dito, kakumpitensya mo naman ang libo-libong gustong makapasok dyan.

Para sa akin, kung gusto mo talaga ng dekalidad na edukasyon at wala kang gaanong pera, UP at UST lamang ang dapat mong pagpilian. Maganda rin sana sa PUP, subalit kailangan i-market ng mga estudyante nito ang kanilang institusyon, tulad ng mga taga-UP.

16. Advertisement

Thumbs up PUP to consider....

Yeah it's true...over the recent years admissions at PUP have become stricter....with over 50,000 entrance test examinees every year, only about 10,000 pass and from this number only about 5,000 are admitted. See below.

http://www.pup.edu.ph/admissions/criteria.asp

Quality does not suffer though as it continue to produce topnotchers in various government licensure examinations. Below is how PUP fared for 2003 (nationwide rankings) in various licensure examinations (total of 2 exams for the year). Source: www.ched.gov.ph

A. Licensure Exam for Architects - Category B (10-99 Examinees)

PUP ranked 4th out of 35 schools (Mapua - 7th; PLM - 8th)

B. Licensure Exam for CPAs - Category A (100 or more Examinees)

PUP ranked 12th out of 29 schools (UE Manila - 13th; PLM - 14th; Univ. of San Carlos - 15th; PSBA Mla - 18th; PSBA QC - 20th).

C. Licensure Exam for Civil Engineers - Category A (100 or more Examinees)

PUP ranked 3rd out of 18 schools (Mapua - 4th; Siliman - 5th; Univ. of San Carlos - 6th; Adamson - 14th)

D. Licensure Exam for Electronics & Comm. Engineers - Category A (100 or more Examinees)

PUP ranked 6th out of 22 schools (St. Louis - 7th; Mapua - 8th; Univ. of San Carlos - 9th; Adamson - 14th)

E. Licensure Exam for Librarians - Category A (10 or more Examinees)

PUP ranked 7th out of 24 schools

F. Licensure Exam for Mechanical Engineers - Category B (10-99 Examinees)

PUP ranked 31st out of 77 schools (ranked higher than most of manila schools)

G. Licensure Exam for Nutritionists & Dietitians - Category A (10 or more Examinees)

PUP ranked 6th out of 15 schools

H. Licensure Exam for Registered Electrical Engineers - Category A (100 or more examinees)

PUP ranked 3rd out of 9 schools

I. Licensure Exam for Teachers (Secondary Educ) - Category A (100 or more examinees)

PUP ranked 13th out of 205 schools (higher than majority of manila schools)

NOT BAD HUH....
    Last edited by naturetripper; May 9, 2005 at 05:13 PM.

That's a surprise.. PUP's not that bad after all.. like what I said, they jsut have to market themselves more.

Thanks to all ur inputs........can u give me comments about TUP..is this a gud school?

Quote Originally Posted by gobbledygook
    That's a surprise.. PUP's not that bad after all.. like what I said, they jsut have to market themselves more.
    Low profile lang naman kasi ang studentry e....yun nga lang prominent sila sa rallies...hehehe...

Biro mo with the small tuition fee that every student pays plus the fact that kulang na kulang ang facilities, yet it's able to produce quality graduates, di ba isang success story yan? (would you believe ako nakagraduate na ang total tuition fee na binayaran ko ay PHP2,850 lang...yes, naka-ukit yan sa memorya ko..hehehe....4 sems and 1 summer yan ha...and to think na dehins naman ako academic scholar <iskolar lang ng bayan>...

In addition pala, PUP is also 1 of the only 5 Center of Development for Excellence in IT in NCR (the other 4 are UP, Ateneo, La Salle, East Asia College). Also, lagi syang may topnotchers sa different board exams, especially CPA, Architecture, ECE, ME and Nutritionists & Dietitians.

Remember Battle of the Brains sometime back in the 90's? PUP produced 2 grand champions and several other grand finalists...ask David Celdran about it..

...ayan gobbledygook..siguro naman super marketing na yan....

Quote Originally Posted by hunnyces
    Thanks to all ur inputs........can u give me comments about TUP..is this a gud school?
    TUP, like PUP, is a state university and yes ok din dyan...magaling sila sa engineering courses and they also produce a lot of topnotchers...di ko lang sure pero I think meron din silang center of excellence sa isang field ng engineering, parang mechanical or civil yata....and of course, mura din ang tuition, pero mas mahal sila sa PUP...PUP kasi P12 a unit pa rin hanggang ngayon....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast