Nigerian Bidpay SCAM?? | Technology Today | PinoyExchange

Nigerian Bidpay SCAM??

Im selling some stuff over the internet and i got this mail from a prospective "buyer"..
    Dear seller,
    I'm writing you on behalf of NNPC PETROLEUM AND OIL COMPANY store we will like to buy 2PICS of this item from you towards our forthcoming international exhibition in one of our local stores(Nigeria)and we will like to know their condition at present and we will like to pay your money through money order via western union auction payment and our head company will arrange for shipping on payment approval from western union using the Ems speed post to ship the package and the shipping destination for the items is Nigeria our international store,because the item is well demandable overthere.If you agree with us we will like to get your payment information such as your:
    NAME:
    ADDRESS:
    CITY:
    STATE:
    ZIPCODE:
    TOTAL AMOUNT TO BE PAY:
    TOTAL WEIGHT OF THE TWO PRODUCTS:
    EMAIL ADDRESS:
    TELEPHONE NUMBER:
    Hopping to read better from you ASAP so that we can talk better. Thanks for your quick responce and your help to make this exhibition a great day.
    Also the email address that the "buyer" used has a yahoo domain..
    Then here are his instructions..
    I have been notify from western union, that your money as been approved and has been sent out to the address you gave me. and as we agreed on that upon approval/confirmation mail from western union BidPay that you will ship out the item. so here is shipping address: (address)

Take out the package out now and drop it off to the DHL COURIER SERVICE and do forget to go along with my son shipping information and i want my kids to get it before thier birthday, kindly mail me back as soon as you drop off the package and mail me the tracking number or send the tracking number to the BidPay Manager ...i will be looking forward to hear back from you thanks.
    What do you guys think?

To give you an idea, try Googling "scam nigeria".

F*CKIN' SCAMMERS!!!

Also found this.. http://www.ebay.ph/viItem?ItemId=7970619780
    it seems NIGERIA is notorious for scammers!!

Here's more from MSN Money: Old scams keep finding new suckers. Here's a clip of interest:

Every year, the Federal Trade Commission's Consumer Sentinel issues a report on the top scams of the year, based on the number of complaints filed to watchdog organizations like the FTC and the National Consumer's League. What's startling about these lists isn't the volume of complaints -- more than 635,000 filed in 2004 -- or the dollar value of reported losses -- $547 million last year.

What's perplexing is how little the list changes each year.

Among online frauds, Internet auctions have topped the Consumer Sentinel list every year, followed by online shopping/catalog sales, Internet-access scams, foreign money offers and variations of the same old same old. A fraud may move around on the list – the Nigerian scam was No. 5 among Internet scams in 2003 and No. 4 last year. But the status quo seems to prevail year after year.

I wonder what rank will Greenzap be?

Just received this BOGUS confirmation email today.. Well those f*uckin' scammers think they can get away that easily.. Just read the confirmation email, full of grammatical errors.. Also check out the domain of the email address he used (@fsmail.net), checked it with google and found results pertaining to SCAM!! One more thing, check out the name he used in the shipping address, JARULE TIME?? WTF, can't those dumb scammers think of a better phony name?!

Dear, ***** ,

BidPay® Payments Department hereby congratulates you and at the same time informing you once again that the Money OrderSM® sent to you from "Mr Jarule Time" through United State BidPay Office has been Verified and Approved. Money OrderSM® : Php *****.

**MONEY ORDER DETAILS**
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MONEY ORDER ITEM : *****
    **FINANCIAL DETAILS**
    (NOTE: All amounts will be paid (Philippine Pesos)
    MONEY ORDER AMOUNT : ***** .
    TOTAL : ***** .
    Please verify that the following buyer's shipping address (as entered by the buyer) is correct once again.
    ==========================================================
    Jarule Time
    No 13 oyo road oremeji
    Mokola ibadan
    Oyo state
    Nigeria
    This order has been approved, and will we be sent to this informations as below in 4-6 business days due to the first class mail.
    Please verify that the following address (as entered by the buyer) is correct once again.
    **Your Contact Informations**

You CAN NOW SEND the items to the buyer as your Money Order® is in arranging to you.
    ***NOTE***
    Your Money have been issued out and it will be delivered to your full contact informations as stated above immediately you forward the reciept of the shipment of the packages to our Customers Services Depatment via [email protected]

Thank you for using BidPay® Money Order.
    We look forward to serve your Business Relationship needs in the future.
    Sincerely,
    Customers Payment® Department.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE SELECT TO click here OR MAIL OUR CUSTOMER CARE:[email protected]

:.Sea FeTiSH.:
    when i posted my item on ebay.ph those nigerian scammers replied to me . . . they want to buy my camera for $750!! What they said, I need to send the camera to a certain address, and then he will pay me thru bidpay. They even emailed me a confirmation that payment was sent to bidpay already.

to think that they can fool me with their bad english . . . how stupid can they get. Even the bidpay email, was obviously created by them. I emailed Bidpay themselves to report their scam.

^Yep, that's also what I did. I emailed bidpay about those f*ckin' nigerian scammers. Who would believe that the confirmation mail came from Bidpay, the english was really bad (sounds like a nigerian scammer).. They even emailed me again today demanding that I ship out the item today.. HA! I told them that I'm not even sure that the confirmation came from Bidpay due to the domain & bad english.. Let's just wait on what they have to say!! DUMB SCAMMERS!!

if your are a seller, try use paypal where you can see online if the funds are being added to your account

U Want Somma Dis?
    As we say here in England, "If it's Nigerian, it's probably illegal"...

Hehe