PEx Highlights

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PROMO: Interstellar

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Interstellar!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Falling In-love with an officemate

Can you give me some ideas (advantages and disadvantages) of fallling in-love with an officemate. Why does it seems wrong when you're just doing it right? Kung mali siya, pano ko maiiwasan yung feeling? please please please please help me...

there's a bit of a problem with professionalism at work.

then again, i have tons of officemates who are successful in this kind of scenario, so kayo-kayo rin ang bahalang mag-alaga niyan.

personally, i find it stressing in a warm kind of way

I don't know the real reasons why it seemed taboo to date officemates since I'm still studying. But I think that there exists a conflict especially if it's between a subordinate and her boss (parang between teacher and student). Maybe it's an unspoken rule already to separate professional and personal liaisons because the working environment should be treated with the strictest professionalism. If the relationship is discreet, wala sigurong masama. Although di makakaiwas sa mga tsismosang tao. Just don't take it into a scandalous affair since there are lots of things that will get affected. Like getting fired for instance.

If you want to avoid the feeling, concentrate on your work instead. Treat friends as mere co-workers inside the office para less ang intriga at malisya. Mahirap na nga na boyfriend mo yung classmate mo eh. Pano pa kaya pag officemate? There are more things to consider especially when you take the seriousness of the field. Minsan pa, decorum na talaga ng company not to date your officemates. Kaya kung kayang iwasan, iwasan nalang.

You don't have to limit yourself within the office lang naman after all.

wentworth miller's baby
    wala namang kaso if you know how to handle it. mahirap lang pag nag-away kayo or if you break up, you'll see the person everyday, it'll be hard to get over him. ok lang if different departments, but what if you work closely with him? might affect your work.

ang dami outside work, dun ka na lang maghanap. take it from me

difficult, whatever emotion you're feeling, ang babagsakan eh yun work and company

if you're happy, chances are, you're so well-motivated, you're punctual, you have the initiative to do things though you weren't told to do so...

if you're sad, you have LQ or whatever, you're always on leave, you lack focus, you're irritated, and parang gusto mong mag AWOL na lang...

so there, if you think kaya mo yun mixed emotions na ganyan, then go!

It's been Monday all week
    IMHO, I wouldn't date someone I work with (unless of course they're from a different branch/location). You gotta keep in mind the office politics that go on. Sure if things work out, then that great but if not, it could have an impact on one's work.

Oo nga e. Ang daming mga isyusera at selosa pagdating sa ganyan e. Anyway, I'm currently on a project-basis employment. For practical reasons I'm already looking for another job that would hopefully employ me on a regular basis. Who knows, 'di naman kailangan ngayon mangyari diba? Pero hangga't andito pa sa opisina hindi talaga puede. Tiis lang talaga

taboo rin s kin dati yng makipag-link romantically with a colleague.....kaso may times kc na di mo tlg maiiwasan na ma-attach ka with someone from your own workplace....yng s case ko, medyo awkward na medyo exciting kc pinipilit namin itago syempre sa mga officemates namin para nga nmn di maging issue diba....so yn, madalas sa email *** kme nagkukulitan...tapos pag uwian na nauuna sya sa bumaba ng building tapos hinihintay *** nya ako para sabay kme umuwi....kaya *** kc mahirap din tlg itago e so nung di na tlg namin maitago, e di ok ***...medyo nakakailang s umpisa yung mapag-usapan pero people usually get tired din nmn of it e...or may dadating na mas bago issue so di na kayo gano mapapansin...so yn...sinanay na *** namin sila na makita kme magkasama lage...minsan may mga conflicts/problems kme pero ***** we're both matured enough kaya di namin ginagawang reason yn para makaapekto sa work namin.....so yn...everybody happy na...hehe...and now married na kme...pero ngayon magkaiba na kme ng office....

It's been Monday all week
    Oh, and as the love of my life would say about office dating: "Don't sh!t where you eat.".

petite is sexier
    awkward nga talaga.....
    now, yan na dapat isaksak ko rin sa utak ko!
    forget about the feeling!

its really hard just like what i'm experiencing right now..
    i can't perform well, im always irritated & sometimes
    nawawala ako sa sarili..
    kahit ayaw mo na.. bumabalik yung feeling..
    we're over na but still i can't fight the feeling..
    everytime i see that person in the office, bumabalik lang yung feeling
    to tell you honestly, nagleave nako for a week..
    after that, nandyan pa din yung sakit & yung longing mo for that person..
    office lovers.. its a NO NO!

been there. it didn't work out but i got over it na, im ok & moved on. i dont talk to him anymore, which i find a better way to deal with.

stop it!!! malamang sa alamang nde mag-work out ang relationship nyo! pag nagkaproblema pa ***. for sure maaapektuhan performances nyo sa work nyo!!

go for it! he might be the greatest love of your life and you let him pass just because he is your officemate.

advantages:
    1. malapit lang sha ***
    2. happy ka tuwing makikita mo sha
    3. mababantayan mo sha....

disadvantages:
    1. chismis
    2. unprofessionalism (sa iba)
    3. irritating (for some girls)

un lang naman ang maisip ko.....

Quote Originally Posted by adik_chick

disadvantage:
    irritating (for some girls)
    Agree! Agree! Agree!

Very unprofessional yan. Kung ordinary lang ang trabaho mo (waitress, salesgirl) ok lang yan. Pero kung nag college ka at nakakuha ka ng white-collar job, you should act like a professional. If you start dating officemates one after another, you'll be labeled as office tramp. Believe me, your boss will take note of that when it's time to promote someone. What's next? Dating your client and customers? Officemates are like neighbors, you treat them like friends. They're attractive the first few months you work together pero after 3 or 4 years, the attraction fades and you'll look at them like they're your brothers or sisters. Masasawa ka din kasi araw araw mo nakikita.

If the relationship ended up on a bad note, nakakailang na pumasok sa trabaho. Kung araw araw mo pa siya nakikita, araw araw kang mabubwisit. Paano if you're dating one officemate, broke up with him, and dated another officemate? Puro negative feelings na ang office na yan. Most company I know ban employees dating each other because of this. I bet you'll end up losing your job. If I'm the employer, girls like you wouldn't get in a higher position.

Quote Originally Posted by hiponhapon
    Very unprofessional yan. Kung ordinary lang ang trabaho mo (waitress, salesgirl) ok lang yan. Pero kung nag college ka at nakakuha ka ng white-collar job, you should act like a professional. If you start dating officemates one after another, you'll be labeled as office tramp. Believe me, your boss will take note of that when it's time to promote someone. What's next? Dating your client and customers? Officemates are like neighbors, you treat them like friends. They're attractive the first few months you work together pero after 3 or 4 years, the attraction fades and you'll look at them like they're your brothers or sisters. Masasawa ka din kasi araw araw mo nakikita.

If the relationship ended up on a bad note, nakakailang na pumasok sa trabaho. Kung araw araw mo pa siya nakikita, araw araw kang mabubwisit. Paano if you're dating one officemate, broke up with him, and dated another officemate? Puro negative feelings na ang office na yan. Most company I know ban employees dating each other because of this. I bet you'll end up losing your job. If I'm the employer, girls like you wouldn't get in a higher position.
    Falling in love with an officemate is never a crime. You can't choose whom you will love.

The negative notion on falling for an officemate comes in when love come cross with your work.

You should be able to sort out your priorities and responsibilities.

If you are a professional at work, prove that you can also be professional at matters of love.

This can be only be done when you can completely separate matters of work and love.

This is not easy, but this can be done without harming your profession and at the same time, letting love begin.... hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by poreber
    been there. it didn't work out but i got over it na, im ok & moved on. i dont talk to him anymore, which i find a better way to deal with.
    Are you still officemates?

what i hate about it actually is maraming intruders. But sadly, i can't do anything about it lalo na pag bossing mo na ang nanghimasok.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast