PEx Highlights

PEx Christmas: The PBA Christmas Wishlist

'tis the season of gifts and wishlists! JPM plays Santa's consultant and lists down the best Christmas gift for each PBA team.

read more

FEATURE: Top UAAP Stories in 2014

We take a look back to reflect and celebrate the best stories in the UAAP that happened in the past year.

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

The results are finally here! Find out who won the hearts of the PinoyExchange community in The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards!

read more

GALLERY: PBA Philippine Cup Semifinals

Check out photos from each game of the PBA Philippine Cup Semis here!

read more

Show Me Your Festival Teeths!

In this special comeback episode of SMYT, the girls poke fun at the participating films in the upcoming Metro Manila Film Festival.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question wedding and engagement rings: in which finger do you wear them?

Where do you wear your engagement and/or wedding rings -- in the left or right ring finger?

D' PRO..HOORAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by speQter
    Where do you wear your engagement and/or wedding rings -- in the left or right ring finger?
    ^^^Sa Pinas:kanan
    Sa America:kaliwa

ako i wear it on the left... pwede naman yu diba? ikaapat mula sa thumb..tama po ba yun?

Quote Originally Posted by joeldcloser
    ^^^Sa Pinas:kanan
    Sa America:kaliwa
    parang di ata yun totoo? sorry to disagree with you, pero lahat ng kilala and nakikita kong pinoy na may asawa and engaged nasa left lahat. I see it too in all the wedding ceremonies I've attended since i was born, lol. And that's what also my grandparents taught me It has been always in the left. And even the celebrities, when they brag their engagement and wedding rings, lol. Oh well, nasa couple din siguro yun.
    But for sure, I'll wear it in my left ring finger

I also wear mine on my left ring finger. Most of my friends do too.

sa left ring finger din ..

Left ring finger naman talaga ginagamit kasi may artery na konektado sa heart at left ring finger kaya doon nakalagay ang bridal/engagement ring.

Quote Originally Posted by phalluscolossus
    Left ring finger naman talaga ginagamit kasi may artery na konektado sa heart at left ring finger kaya doon nakalagay ang bridal/engagement ring.
    i didnt' know that... thanks for the info.

but i was raised to wear ALL my rings in my left ring finger (with the rationale that wearing it on the right would deform the ring because i use it to write and i use it more often, hence bigger chance of deforming the ring)... and my crazy mom insists on giving me engagement-like rings or wedding band-like rings...

so, it was a rumor in high school that i was already engaged. (was wearing a diamond ring) and i wore my parent's wedding band when i reached college... so those who didn't ask assumed i was married.

I know it's suppose to be right in the Philippines kaso western culture has pretty much dictated that the rings be worn on the left...

Before we got married, hubby and I were baffled? Saan nga ba? We were thinking sa left, but at church rehearsals, sabi sa right daw. I asked sa iba... oo nga, right daw.

Hubby and I wear ours on the right. Anyway, irrelevant na sa akin kung saan man ang tama. Basta, suot ko lagi and it just feels so right now. After we got married, hubby got me a really beautiful engagement ring (he couldnt afford the one i deserve daw before ), and since it doesnt really match our wedding band, I wear it on the left hand. Di ba there are those engagement and wedding rings that match and you can wear them on one finger? Some I've seen look really really nice, ganda sana kung ganun din ang sa amin. But not matter, i really love my rings.

Wedding rings are worn on the left. The idea was that the ring "prevents" your lovin feelings from flowing out to other individuals (the left hand is connected to the heart, just like phalluscolossus said).

Why wedding ring should put on the fourth finger??

Please follow the below step, really God make this a miracle (this is from a Chinese excerpt)

Firstly, show your palm, centre finger bend and put together back to back
    Secondly, the rest 4 fingers tips to tips

Games begin, follow the below arrangement, 5 finger but only 1 pair can split.

http://us.f564.mail.yahoo.com/ym/us/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=8418_2657162_26593_1799_25154_0_95274_56227_510499510&bodyPart=2.2.2.2.2& YY=55445&order=down&sort=date&pos=2&view=a&head=b&Idx=122

Try to open your thumb, the thumb represent parents, it can be open because all human does go thru sick and dead. Which are our parents will leave us one day

Please close up your thumb, then open your second finger, the finger represent brothers and sisters, they do have their own family which is too they will leave us too

Now close up your second finger, open up your little finer, this represent your children. Sooner or later they too will leave us for they got they own living to live

Nevertheless, close up your little finer, try to open your fourth finger which we put our wedding ring; you will be surprise to find that it cannot be open at all. Because it represent husband and wife, this whole life you will be attach to each other

Real love will stick together ever and forever

Thumb represents parents
    Second finger represent brothers & sisters
    Centre finger represent own self
    Fourth finger represent your partner
    Last finger represent your children

I wear my wedding ring on my right ring finger. I've heard that the heart is connected directly to your left ring finger making it the perfect place to wear your wedding ring, but the ring fits my right finger better (it's a bit loose on my left). Sure I can get the ring size adjusted but I don't want to, it's perfect just the way it is - just like my husband I don't put much stock in traditions anyway.

ok. wait. i thought all wedding and engagement and other significant rings should be worn on the right hand. everything ornamental should be worn on the left.

got this from a friend who once said that was why she never wore jewelry on the right hand or arm - jewelry on the right side of the body, the "good" side, signified something serious.

ano ba talaga??

Quote Originally Posted by pro_tempore
    ok. wait. i thought all wedding and engagement and other significant rings should be worn on the right hand. everything ornamental should be worn on the left.

got this from a friend who once said that was why she never wore jewelry on the right hand or arm - jewelry on the right side of the body, the "good" side, signified something serious.

ano ba talaga??
    it depends on you, i guess...

but as they said... in america, i think they do wear it on the left... i was interviewing this foreigner once for a project, he saw my diamond ring on my left hand and he asked me, and asked me if i was engaged or married... i didn't understand the reason for his question until he explained that he knows engagement and wedding rings are worn on the left hand.

but in the philippines, during the ceremony, i think the priest do ask that it be on the right... if i'm not wrong... and i guess based on sweetwahm's post... in here it IS on the right... though i've yet to see one who wears it on the right.

but i'm more used to having a ring on the left hand than the right.

lie and die
    ako? i kwi-kwintas ko... dami akong mga singsing dati... wasak lahat... pati relo...

-=tell me who am i?!-= cefalexin's Avatar
    yung friend ko who attended a seminar before she got married said it should be on the right ring finger daw.

for me it doesnt matter kung nsa left or right ba nakasuot yung ring, kung san komportable, suportahan taka! hahahaha!

Is Ji Hyun Woo's Aegi City_Girl's Avatar
    Does anybody know the reason why in the Philippines the ring is supposed to be worn on the right hand?

Tsambalerong Mamimitik mark_pogi's Avatar
    neither. single pa kasi ako.

Not that I'm married nor engaged at the moment, but I'm comfortable wearing bracelets and rings (and watches) on my left wrist and left finger (and left wrists), respectively.

Is there a belief about rings worn on the right and on the left?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast