PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: 40th PBA Season Opening Ceremony

Ellen Adarna, Megan Young and Alice Dixson led the parade of team muses yesterday during the Opening Ceremony of the new PBA season. Check our gallery here!

read more

PROMO: Big Hero 6

Join the promo and get a chance to win special screening tickets to Big Hero 6!

read more

Show Me Your Winning Teeths!

Merly and Chelsey are back for a new season of SMYT and they are 'happy to serve' you a new episode about the Miss World pageant and the UAAP Finals.

read more

PHOTOS: Kia Victorious in Battle of Newcomers

LA Revilla (23pts, 7rebs) stole away the spotlight off of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao's PBA debut, as he rallied Kia over Blackwater 80-66.

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

REVIEW: The Trial

If there's one particular asset the film has, it's the ensemble.

read more

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Hinugot Sa Langit --- Ishmael Bernal

... Maricel Soriano
    ....Amy Austria
    .....Charito Solis
    ......Pen Medina
    .......Dante Rivero
    ........Al Tantay
    .........Rowell Santiago

Carmen Castro gets pregnant after having an illicit affair with a married man. She confides her problem to her best friend, Stella. Both her lover and Stella strongly suggest abortion but her landlady Aling Juling, a fanatic born-again Christian, advises her to let the child live. Though torn between guilt and practicality, Carmen opts for the latter. Her trial is made more painful as she witnesses the murder of Aling Juling and the breakdown of Stella. Worst of all, she is left by her lover. Carmen survives these misfortunes and emerger from the experience wiser and stronger. In the movie, Bernal boldly attempts to touch on the topic of abortion, a subject that is consided taboo in Philippine society, as well as the issues brought about by male chauvenism and hyprocisy.

Mahal mo ba ko dahil talagang mahal mo ko o dahil dapat lang?
    - Maricel Soriano from Hinugot Sa Langit.

============================================

The entire cast is simply superb. Depressing as the subject matter is, the atmosphere provides visual interest and there's always the joy of watching great acting.

As for the abortion theme, the procedure isn't glorified in any way. The woman involved is almost desperate, and even though Carmen's methods seem relatively benign, the woman's fear and sorrow at what she is doing is achingly evident. Maricel Soriano's heart-wrenching realization of what she's done, and the impact it will have on her family, is acting of the highest order. The camera stays on her face unflinchingly, and you feel every ounce of her pain.

I agree that Hinugot Sa Langit is one of the best films ever made. It has a legitimate timeliness and definitive social relevance. Bernal's script has all the subtle nuances of "real" people reacting to a domestic crisis.

"wala kang karapatang pumatay..........."

i love carmen castro!

one of the best performances of the diamond star!

bright blessings to all!

yah, this movie is great!!

Together with "Saan Darating ang Umaga?", these two films are tops on my list of favorites.

Diamond Star Rules!!!

Mahal mo ba ko dahil talagang mahal mo ko o dahil dapat lang?
    - Maricel Soriano from Hinugot Sa Langit.
    similar ang dialogue na ito sa sinabi ni Claudine B. kay Piolo sa MILAN.

yeah, agree din ako na isa ang Hinugot Sa Langit sa pinakamagagandang pelikulang pilipino na nagawa. this is a lot better than the other ishmael bernal movie, Nunal sa Tubig.

if im not mistaken, Regal Films ang nag-produce nito. ang dami rin palang naiambag ni mother lily monteverde sa industriya ng pelikulang pilipino.

originally posted by DapHnes_wOrld
    The camera stays on her face unflinchingly, and you feel every ounce of her pain.
    Yeah, you really could feel maricel's pain. Hinugot Sa Langit is one of the best performances of Maricel soriano. isa sa pinakamagandang scene dito ni maricel ay yung kausap niya yung mother niya sa phone at tinatanong siya kung ano ang situasyon niya. ang galing galing ng scene na yon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/calendar/Scan0021.jpg

originally posted by damntrish
    yeah, agree din ako na isa ang Hinugot Sa Langit sa pinakamagagandang pelikulang pilipino na nagawa. this is a lot better than the other ishmael bernal movie, Nunal sa Tubig.
    i watched that Nunal Sa Tubig on TV.. oh my God, I maybe in the minority here but i really do not understand the appeal of this film. hello?

The camera stays on her face unflinchingly, and you feel every ounce of her pain.
    I agreed. Carmen (Maricel Soriano) while talking to her mom on the phone; answered back "I'm OK" but she's not ok.... is definitely one of the best scenes ive ever seen in my entire life. Maricel was very real and affecting.

Also, there's this one scene of the eternal Amy Austria - yung binabangga niya yung car niya. Ang galing niya don.

originally posted by ohsome
    I agreed. Carmen (Maricel Soriano) while talking to her mom on the phone; answered back "I'm OK" but she's not ok.... is definitely one of the best scenes ive ever seen in my entire life. Maricel was very real and affecting.
    marya was barely 19 (?) when she filmed this.... ang lalim ng pinaghuhugutan niya ng emosyon.

I think Ishmael Bernal is a feminist director becoz most of his outstanding films tackle issues about woman.

i watched that Nunal Sa Tubig on TV.. oh my God, I maybe in the minority here but i really do not understand the appeal of this film. hello?
    ay pareho tayo, hinde ko rin maintindihan yang Nunal Sa Tubig. i saw this film on TV also thru channel 9 pa yata non. i don't see how others viewed this film as amazing.

in her abortion scene showbiz people have once said "ipinanganak na ang pinakamahusay na aktres ng kanyang panahon!!!!!!!!!!!" at yan ay walang iba kundi ang diamond star!

Hinugot Sa Langit gave Ishmael Bernal the URIAN Best Director trophy in 1985.

I also agree that this film is one of the best Filipino films ever made. Very realistic characters and situation coupled with outstanding performances of the whole cast.

originally posted by maricelian
    marya was barely 19 (?) when she filmed this.... ang lalim ng pinaghuhugutan niya ng emosyon.
    Maricel soriano delivered her most definitive performance in Hinugot. Pinahirapan talaga siya ni Ishmael Bernal. May nabasa pa nga ako non during her abortion scene, kinurot daw ni Ishmael sa Hita si maricel para makuha ni maricel ang tamang emosyon ng pain habang nagpapa-abort. It was a splendid scene.

originally posted by taray_queen
    in her abortion scene showbiz people have once said "ipinanganak na ang pinakamahusay na aktres ng kanyang panahon!!!!!!!!!!!" at yan ay walang iba kundi ang diamond star!
    she's the best actress of our time

This film will definitely be one of the classic films of all time. Not only because it is a well-made film with social relevance but the stars themselves gave their best performance. Charito Solis was at her usual best, Amy Austria was so natural and so effective, Maricel Soriano was subdued and intense. Who could ask for more?

I agree that Hinugot Sa Langit is one of the best Filipino films ever made. It has a legitimate timeliness and definitive social relevance. Bernal's script has all the subtle nuances of "real" people reacting to a domestic crisis.
    YES! Abortion...the word itself conjures up powerful feelings and emotions. Some believe it is an unforgivable sin to purposely terminate a pregnancy; while others think that a woman has an inherent right to choose the fate of her own body. It is a singularly divisive issue and there are few films with the nerve to tackle such a hot-button topic. I viewed and respected Hinugot Sa Langit as artwork, because it certainly is one of the best filipino films ever made.

Emotional powerhouse, deeply moving and complex with an astonishing, bravura performance from lead actress Maricel Soriano. She really captivates the screen.

Maricel no doubt is the Best Actress of her generation.

I agree that Hinugot Sa Langit is one of the best Filipino films ever made. It has a legitimate timeliness and definitive social relevance. Bernal's script has all the subtle nuances of "real" people reacting to a domestic crisis.
    YES! Abortion...the word itself conjures up powerful feelings and emotions. Some believe it is an unforgivable sin to purposely terminate a pregnancy; while others think that a woman has an inherent right to choose the fate of her own body. It is a singularly divisive issue and there are few films with the nerve to tackle such a hot-button topic. I viewed and respected Hinugot Sa Langit as artwork, because it certainly is one of the best filipino films ever made.

Emotional powerhouse, deeply moving and complex with an astonishing, bravura performance from lead actress Maricel Soriano. She really captivates the screen.

Maricel no doubt is the Best Actress of her generation.

yeah right..........the best actress of our time!

long live the diamond star!

brigt blessings to all!

DEFINITELY,one of the best filipino films and ISHMA'S BEST.

meron pang isang dialogue si marya na pagkaganda-ganda.It goes like this:

MARYA as CARMEN CASTRO to ROWELL SANTIAGO

DIYOS BA ANG BUBUHAY SA ANAK KO?DIYOS BA ANG BIBILI NG GATAS SA ANAK KO?

originally posted by DapHnes_world
    Ishmael Bernal fully creates Carmen's universe, and Maricel Soriano, in an absolutely riveting performance, makes her real. The phone conversation with her mom moved me to tears.

originally posted by renacu
    Ishmael Bernal fully creates Carmen's universe, and Maricel Soriano, in an absolutely riveting performance, makes her real. The phone conversation with her mom moved me to tears.
    This particular scene is almost similar to Aga Muhlach's Sana Maulit Muli.

Hinugot is dark and scary. Yung scene na sinaksak ni Pen Medina si Charito Solis.. oh God, i got scared. It was a real scene. Di ba similar yun sa mga napapanood nating actual scenes on TV na walang kaabog-abog may mananakit sa iyo ng hinde mo ini-expect?

One thing that i really liked with Hinugot was the execution of scenes. Simply great.

SOBRA KONG PINALAKPAKAN ANG MOVIE NA ITO!

grabe galing dito ni inay!

truly, a gem in phil. movie.

bright blessings to all!

I saw this movie on TV

The subject is touchy. This is the kind of people-driven story that the movies used to give us — before special effects took over.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast