PEx Highlights

Show Me Your EDM Teeths!

In this week's episode of SMYT, Chelsey and Merly poke fun at artistas who may have gone too far by releasing albums to boost their careers.

read more

PHOTOS: Indian Aces vs Singapore Slammers

Check out the scenes from IPTL Day 1 between the Indian Aces versus the Singapore Slammers.

read more

REVIEW: Past Tense

Our reviewer thinks Past Tense is a step down from KimXi's previous outing, Bride for Rent. Read the full review here!

read more

5 Biggest Impressions in UAAP Volleyball

An even better Alyssa Valdez, the struggling Lady Bulldogs and UST's wonderkid. Find out other big impressions in week 1 of UAAP Volleyball here!

read more

PHOTOS: UAE Royals vs Manila Mavericks

View the full album of the UAE Royals vs Manila Mavericks in IPTL Day 1 here!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: The Second Edition

We were surprised at the interest generated by last week's special PBA feature on BasketBros. So we decided to put up a Part 2. Read it here!

read more

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

whatever happened to Onel De Guzman?

Ano na ba ang balita sa kanya? In case you didn't know, siya yung gumawa ng ILOVEYOU virus nung year 2000 that cost billions of dollars in production time.

ewan ko, malay ko, pake ko

Question

Onel? Is that you?

Baka patay na.

baka secretly employed to make virus for antivirus companies.

o kaya nasa kangkungan na.

Me rinig ako before na naemploy sya sa isang IT Software sa US

last i heard, he was hired by a foreign company.

pwede ba syang tawaging MrWormVirus sikat na sikat sya dahil na feature pa sya sa Net25...kaya nga lang lalong dumami ang virus dahil sa kanyang virus email concepts :-(

He works for Microsoft Corporation

Those viruses before that attach to programs and emails don't bother me at all until........... SASSER and the likes. Nowadays whenever I connect to the internet my ISP will always automatically send viruses to my hard drive without even doing anything. Feel so insecure since then because I can never know anymore for sure if my PC is really virus free despite avoiding unknown files from unknown sources and attachments. Firewall is a must these days to ensure your PC is protected however P2P would be very affected too.

All right, I've just about had it with all those speculations about his having a programming job. Listen up, guys, he's at best a mediocre programmer. He simply based "his" virus on a virus construction kit. There's nothing brilliant or creative about what he "wrote". Anyone who believes otherwise doesn't know squat about viruses.

Originally posted by Silverlokk
    All right, I've just about had it with all those speculations about his having a programming job. Listen up, guys, he's at best a mediocre programmer. He simply based "his" virus on a virus construction kit. There's nothing brilliant or creative about what he "wrote". Anyone who believes otherwise doesn't know squat about viruses.

Bravo! Well Said! Tumpak!

ano pa nga ba. basta gawang pinoy pagmamalaki ng kahit sino, kahit gano kag*go pa.

16. Advertisement

POWER. PLEASURE. PAIN.
    You don't measure a virus' destructive capability by how it was "written" but by how much damage it caused.

pelvic splachnic ganglion spindoctor's Avatar
    Here's an interesting read about virus writers and how their minds work. It's a pretty lengthy read, which was contributed by the blogger to the New York Times early this year.

One particularly interesting point raised is how a lot of virus creators consider the crackdown against them as tantamount to suppression of freedom of expression. Writing a virus, they argue, is no different from writing a novel.

Onel de Guzman is the William Hung of virus writing. He took a pre-existing concept and molded it to his end. Hung covered a song badly. de Guzman "covered" a virus badly.

Buhay pa ba sya?

Originally posted by Chase_Meridian
    You don't measure a virus' destructive capability by how it was "written" but by how much damage it caused.
    The point being?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast