PEx Highlights

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

PHOTOS: Lady Spikers Win in Opening Tiff

The DLSU Lady Spikers opened their campaign with an impressive four-set win over the Adamson Lady Falcons, 25-23, 24-26, 25-14, 25-17.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Takes Care of UP in 3 Sets

The FEU Lady Tamaraws easily dispatched the UP Lady Maroons in a three-set victory, 25-14, 26-24, 25-20

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

PROMO: Past Tense

Join the promo and get a chance to win block screening tickets to Past Tense!

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    amishuuu
    i think that any inflammatory disease can benefit from fat restriction of a certain kind. ok im no doctor... but here's what i got from internet. siguro u can check w ur doctor::::

Another important polyunsaturated fatty acid is arachidonic acid. It is found in relatively high concentrations in beef, pork, lamb, dairy, and shellfish. This fatty acid gets converted to eicosanoids with very different effects from those derived from the essential fatty acids. Arachidonic acid results in inflammation, platelet aggregation, salt and water retention, and cell transformation. You may have noticed that arachidonic acid is found in the same animal foods that are high in saturated fats. The arachidonic acid is probably more responsible for the negative health effects linked with these foods than the saturated fats.

try putting lotion with SPF or sunblocks. UV light triggers the disease.

^ y is this again? I use sunblock everyday tho

Quote Originally Posted by strawberyl
    hello... I know of some patients whose Lupus symptoms are controlled. You can't actually cure LUPUS, what you're aftr is to control the progression of the disease. I have several friends who are Rheumatologists (docs who treat LUPUS). If you want you can PM me so that I can give you a specific doctor to go to. Kung saan ang malapit sa iyo.
    ma'am can you suggest a rheumatologist for me who's around qc...

my friend and sister-in-law have lupus. their doctors advise them not to be exposed on too much sunlight. also avoid doing things that can stressed them out. wala daw cure for lupus, pero may treatment para hindi lumala. basta iwasan matrigger ang kahit anong sakit like lagnat ksi matagal gagaling. pareho sila tumaba because of the meds they are taking. sabi nila dahil sa steroids.

PEX is Fun
    i have always been curious about this disease. what is it really? diba yan ang sakit ni Marcos dati?

practiswatupreach
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke_Royal View Post
    i have always been curious about this disease. what is it really? diba yan ang sakit ni Marcos dati?
    It's an auto-immune disease but NOT all dies from it. U can also
    SURVIVES like me & d others. W/ God's GRACE, I have been on
    remision for 15 yrs.now & I claimed PERMANENT remission already.
    In my case, FAITH in GOD thru a healing priest helped a lot plus a
    very competent rheumatologist. We have a support group at UST &
    PGH called Lupus Foundation & our meeting is every 1st Sat.of the
    month at UST Medicine Bldg, Room 204 at 12:30pm, w/ fre lecture &
    snacks, at times even meds & some giveaways. For further details
    you can PM me.

^Please avoid using TextSpeak. Please spell everything correctly. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by abs7 View Post
    you can PM me.

when can you claim permanent remission?

Quote Originally Posted by abs7 View Post
    you can PM me.
    People with lupus could only die from it when lupus severely attacks and affects a specific organ or body system. In the case of Marcos, his kidneys were affected. The key for people suffering from SLE is to avoid any 'flare'. These would include avoiding sun exposure, stress and fatigue. A healthy lifestyle and diet would greatly help.

practiswatupreach
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchay22 View Post
    when can you claim permanent remission?
    medically speaking, if you're talking about remission, it's usually
    temporary but w/ God as there's NOTHING impossible w/ HIM, I have
    already claimed permanent remission.

Quote Originally Posted by hilong_banak View Post
    People with lupus could only die from it when lupus severely attacks and affects a specific organ or body system. In the case of Marcos, his kidneys were affected. The key for people suffering from SLE is to avoid any 'flare'. These would include avoiding sun exposure, stress and fatigue. A healthy lifestyle and diet would greatly help.
    i agree with you po...my eldest sister died 6 years ago because of this complication both in the heart and kidney..... i believe its also according to their lifestyle kasi medyo makulit ate ko sometimes matigas ulo kasi too much meds na tinetake niya....

i was diagnosed with sle with kidney involvement last 2000. since then my disease had been under control. i still have monthly blood tests and check ups with my nephrologist, who, i'm lucky to say is very good. following all the doctors instructions and taking all the prescribed medicines are important. i was also told to avoid the sun and stress.

on top of my prescribed meds, i'm also taking fish oils, with the approval of my doctor, of course. i researched kasi and found that fishoils daw is very helpful for sle.

cutaneous lupus erythematosus

hello, just wanted to ask about lupus. I do not really understand what causes it. Does it has something to do with genes? or food you eat or soaps you used or any skin moisturizers?

My lil brother was diagnosed to have one and we are seeking a second opinion, alam niyo na just to be sure. Hindi naman daw ito nakakahawa so we need not worry. Wala naman kaming nakitang signs na meron nito ang bro ko until napansin niya na parang bloated ang mukha na or namamaga. Thats when we opted to seek medical help. at yun nga, after the biopsy, he was told na may cutaneous lupus erythematosus. Nagkatinginan kami after kasi we do not really know what is it. Although nag explain naman ang attending physician pero i was not able to grasp any of what she was she was talkin about.

Di ba ito ang sakit ni Ferdinand Marcos or a variety of that?
    What should we do then?

Last edited by smilewarrior; May 19, 2008 at 07:01 PM.

Mas ok na cutaneous lupus kaysa systemic lupus which is fatal. May medication na na binigay?

i dont know exactly kung ano yung kelangan niyang inumin. will ask him.

he was told not to expose himslef with too much sunlight. kaya ayun ayaw lumabas ng bahay. He uses a certain moisturizer with sun protection pero sa mukha lang. cetaphil ata yun.
    Last edited by smilewarrior; May 19, 2008 at 07:02 PM.

re: SLE

eto pala ang gamot na pinaiinom sa kanya
    Hydroxychloroquine sulfate
    pero dami side effects like Abdominal cramps, abnormal eye pigmentation, acne, anemia, bleaching of hair, blind spots, blisters in mouth and eyes, blood disorders, blurred vision, convulsions, decreased vision, diarrhea, difficulty focusing the eyes, diminished reflexes, dizziness, emotional changes, excessive coloring of the skin, eye muscle paralysis, "foggy vision," halos around lights, headache, hearing loss, heart problems, hives, involuntary eyeball movement, irritability, itching, light flashes and streaks, light intolerance, liver problems or failure, loss of hair, loss or lack of appetite, muscle paralysis, muscle weakness and wasting, nausea, nervousness, nightmares, psoriasis (dry, scaly, red skin patches). so takot siyang inumin..
    then nagpa ANA siya at hindi daw cutaneous lupus. SLE daw, pero wala pang complications sa kahit anong organs.

any advice if advisable ang medicine na nayan ? any other recommendations?

any recommended sunblock lotion? kahit ano ba pwedeng gamitin? thanks alot po

may nabasa ako sa mga nag post e bawal ang eggwhite? bakit po? thanks ulit
    Last edited by smilewarrior; May 22, 2008 at 11:20 PM.

My derma prescribed the flwg sunblock: SkinCeuticals Ultimate Defense SPF30. I think the key ingredient here is: zinc oxide. I don't know if it's available locally. I order mine through my family in the US.

It's a good thing that your brother only has cutaneous lupus -- that means the affected area is the skin. I hope he is able to take care of himself so it does not progress into systemic lupus, which involves the entire body and wherein lupus could attack any organ or body system.

sayang ngayon ko lang nakita tong thread na to my friend died from this disease 2 weeks ago. nalaman ko lang dahil nakita ko accidentally yung common friend namin na matagal ko na hindi nakakausap.

lupus daw sakit niya pero not particular kung anong inatake na organ sa kanya. aalamin ko this weekend sa isa pa naming common friend.

tinext sakin na lagi nga daw nilalagnat yun. naalala ko lang din kasi mga 3 years ago sinabi niya sa akin na mas madami white blood cells niya nung nagpatingin siya. inisip ko baka lalong lumala kasi panay ang sigarilyo pa nya tapos lagi din puyat. hindi nga na-diagnose agad na lupus na pala yun. nalaman lang nung malala na talaga sakit niya at nasa ospital siya. ang hinala pa nga kinulam dahil hindi nga daw ma-diagnose. nakakalungkot lang talaga kasi nawawala na siya sa sarili niya nung bandang huli na at hindi na nga din niya nakikilala parents niya. namatay siya ng maaga mga early 20's lang edad niya.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast