PEx Highlights

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

PHOTOS: Lady Spikers Win in Opening Tiff

The DLSU Lady Spikers opened their campaign with an impressive four-set win over the Adamson Lady Falcons, 25-23, 24-26, 25-14, 25-17.

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Takes Care of UP in 3 Sets

The FEU Lady Tamaraws easily dispatched the UP Lady Maroons in a three-set victory, 25-14, 26-24, 25-20

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

PROMO: Past Tense

Join the promo and get a chance to win block screening tickets to Past Tense!

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

A Taste of Life with Heny Sison

i don't know where to post this topic (under tv or food) but has anybody seen the episode today? it's all about no-bake desserts! sayang i missed half of it. i saw how to make deep-fried ice cream and banofee (sp?) pie. parang ang sarap! dali pa gawin.

can u give me the recipe of the others desserts? may cookies 'n cream pa ata and mango pie. thanks!

ay shux, sayang i missed today's episode!!!!!

Napanood ko
    But incomplete *** recipe measurements. Ang bilis kasi nila.

No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
    gelatin put 1/4 c cold water + 1 sachet in above pan (with warm water) til it melts

Crust Chocolate cookies (no filling) 6 T butter,melted, unsalted. I didn't get the amount of cookies, but i think its approx 1 cup. MIx together and put in freezer 5-10 min. or if in fridge 30min

filling
    1 magnolia cream cheese (beat in low for 30 sec), add 1/2 c sugar (beat in low for 30 min), add 3/4 c milk beat till smooth

To prevent lumps strain the mixture and pour in bowl. Stir in the hot gelatin mixture + 1 cup whipped cream. Use wire whisk to stir. Then combine the cookie crumbs.

POur over the crust and cover with cling wrap and chill

Mango Cheesecake pie (i'm not sure if i have the right name)

gelatin heat 1 c water. REmove from heat then add 1 sachet of gelatin. mix til dissolve. Add 1/2 c mango jam (clara ole) mix well and cool

crust 1 1/4 cup crushed graham, 3/4 butter. Mix and put in pan.

filling 1 magnolia cream cheese beat for 30 sec (low speed), add 1 t vanilla, 1/2 c sugar. Beat tilll smooth and light.

Fold 2 cups whipped cream use whisk to mix

Spread on prepared crumbs. Then spread the gelatin mixture. Arrange mango (fruit) on top for garnish

I'm always curius about the whipped cream...i use all purpose cream, and i dont' even know how to whip it, i use hand held mixer and it doesn't double in size

By the way, the above gelatin used is Ferna. I always use alsa. Anyone one knows how much alsa to use in 1 sachet?

^^ Whipping cream in a handheld mixer: Put it up at a really high speed. It really does take a while because the beaters aren't whisks...less air will get incorporated at a time. A Kitchenaid is really a good investment.

Or you could whip by hand with a good wire whisk. Build up your arms too.

...just because
    ^the all-purpose cream MUST be chilled overnight before whipping. I use a handheld mixer, OK naman.

Kitchen aid is waaay too expensive! at 15-20,000P?!

kitchenaid mixer

off topic... i know it is expensive, but it does look really usable and cute right? especially the red one... =)

Originally posted by pollywog
    ^the all-purpose cream MUST be chilled overnight before whipping. I use a handheld mixer, OK naman.

pollywog, how long did it take you to whip the All purpose cream using a hand held mixer. 2 Beaters nga *** nakalagay sa mixer..feeling ko useless gamitin pang whip.

Pwede ba *** All purpose cream? OR may binebentang whip cream ?

Tried using whisk already and it really is hard to whip the cream...prang useless din

...just because
    ^mga 5-10 mins lang, depende how stiff you want it. Chilled overnight ba yung ginamit mong APC? Btw, I'm using Nestle all purpose cream. Easy whip daw sya. Canned nestle cream will NEVER whip using a mixer.

Tip:chill mo din yung bowl at beaters.

dpat dry *** bowl n ggmitin para hindi bumgsak *** cream..

my whip cream din n available sa supermarket..madami..=)

thanks for the recipes! i wanna try them!

grabeeeeeeeee ang sarap nyan a!

Originally posted by pollywog

But it's the best investment you'll ever make re mixers. As in mamanahin pa 'to ng anak mo and if maintained well, apo mo pa siguro. Medyo malaki yung initial cash out mo pero if your a serious baker/cook, sulit ito over it's lifetime.

Re whipping cream talagang matagal at dapat highest speed using wire whips not the flat paddle. If you want choose to use the better creams meant to be whipped, nasa tetra pack at imported. Best tasing too. Tama si polly wog, chill maski yung bowl lang sa freezer para di mag melt too fast yung cream while being whipped.

thanks for all the tips guys... ang tagal pala mag whip 5-10 min... i'll try ur tips the next time i whip one