PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: ADMU Edges DLSU

Kiefer Ravena played like a man possessed in the 4th quarter to lead the ADMU Blue Eagles past the DLSU Green Archers 97-86.

read more

Top Celebrity Loveteams!

Check out which loveteams dropped and which ones came out on top this week!

read more

#NoLastHomeStand After All

Filipino basketball fans let down by PLDT All-Star Charity Event, labeled as, 'Gilas Last Home Stand' after last-minute cancellations.

read more

PHOTOS: Ferrer Leads UST Past FEU

Kevin Ferrer nailed crucial triples in the game's final minutes to help the UST Growling Tigers escape the FEU Tamaraws 69-67.

read more

PHOTOS: PLDT Repulses NU

The PLDT Turbo Boosters pulled away with a tough 25-16, 25-23, 24-26, 25-19 victory over the gritty NU Lady Bulldogs.

read more

What's Wrong With the Green Archers?

After being penned the favorites of UAAP Season 77, the DLSU Green Archers are off to a slow opening in the season, now at 0-2.

read more

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Help! My baby is constipated [Merged]

my baby is 4 mos old and she's really constipated that she would cry everytime she poos. i've diluted her milk and trying to let her drink water but no effect. what else can i do kasi i hate to see her suffer everytime she poos. please help

have you asked her pedia? kawawa naman baby mo if lagi na lang constipated.

blahbitty blah
    jenni, maybe you can ask your pedia if adding a bit of prune juice is ok. there's this non-fat prune flavored yogurt with bifidus carried by Pascual. it's mildly sweet so it won't be overwhelming for your baby's taste buds. but ask pedia first. kawawa naman baby mo. hope she gets well soon.

i've asked her health visitor and she said to give my baby few drops of orange or apple juice diluted in 2 ozs. of water which i will be trying. she's not advising me to give my baby cow's milk products like yoghourt not until she's 6 mos old. so hopefully the juice will work. thanks for the advice

my daughter used to suffer from constipation also, i suggest fresh fruit juice, best you make it yourself so it's really fresh and natural, also we changed her milk and that did help.

If your lucky enough to have papaya in your part of the world, particularly the ripe one, why not feed this to your baby. Just mash the soft pulp and give it as a dessert. Ask your pedia first though, just to be on the safe side.

myembro
    my son used to be constipated when he was about a year old. his pedia told me to give him prune juice, grape juice or any juice with Karo syrup as sweetener. It worked for him. i think i stopped giving him these juices when he turned 2 because he wasn't constipated anymore.

now that i'm 17 weeks pregnant w/ our 2nd child, i also drink dark grape juice to keep me from being constipated and it works for me, too.

sui generis
    Quote Originally Posted by jenni_jay
    my baby is 4 mos old and she's really constipated that she would cry everytime she poos. i've diluted her milk and trying to let her drink water but no effect. what else can i do kasi i hate to see her suffer everytime she poos. please help
    Please don't dilute her milk, it will deprive her of essential nutrients necessary for her growth. When my toddler was an infant, his pedia recommended mixing a tablespoon of Karo syrup (corn syrup) to his milk (4 oz) and he gives a really mean package of poop later in the day. BUT I suggest ask your baby's pedia first.

my wife tried different formulas .. if our kids costipated w/ enfamil then she will use similac for a week and it worked ..

pffttttttt!!!!!
    maybe you need to change your baby's formula.. consult your pedia asap.

diba po papaya helps with constipation? better ask your pedia about this to be sure

I was going to say that she try coco puro, but then, baby pa siya so it might be too much for her

**'t blame d milk.. make an observation 1st. pg cge parin kay pedia na.. nag i think nag-ngingipin yan thts why.. try mo tingnan gums nya, kung namamaga.. or d kaya me nakain sya na madumi or me nahawakan sya. kaya nga lahat dapat sterilize para sure tayo n walang bacteria. also lagyan mo ng drapolin butt nya bago mo ilagay diaper para d mag rashes

Always have PRUNE JUICE in the house ... it will help constipation ... as in 30 miutes after intake e magbabawas na si baby ...

My baby used to be constipated. We tried different things na from giving him papaya to placing glycerine tablet whenever the poo's stuck. Finally we changed formulas and it solved the problem. There is this certain ingredient in formulas that MAY constipated prone babies. Try different formulas and see which one suits your baby.

try changing your baby's formula. ask your pedia for recommendation. my son for example is not hiyang to wyeth infant formulas. as you have said, 4 months old na ang baby mo so pwede na sya ng mga fruit juices like prune juice, mango, orange, papaya, etc. it helps. give in moderation.

my son has always been constipated....since he was baby...and he's 3 years old now. i've tried all stuff..soemtimes they would held...sometimes they don't...i guess it has something to do wit the body's ability to absorb water. (i rarely drink water..one glass a day lang yata..pero i move bowels 2x a day pa minsan...)

Quote Originally Posted by passing by
    my son has always been constipated....since he was baby...and he's 3 years old now. i've tried all stuff..soemtimes they would held...sometimes they don't...i guess it has something to do wit the body's ability to absorb water. (i rarely drink water..one glass a day lang yata..pero i move bowels 2x a day pa minsan...)

Take advantage of fruits: Kids who won't eat vegetables usually will eat fruits, and many kinds of fruit are effective at getting bowels moving. Offer lots of apples, pears and peaches. But hold back on bananas and applesauce, which tend to be constipating

my baby is constipated...HELP!!

I have a 7-month old son. He was into S-26 Gold until he turned 6months and then changed it to Promil Gold as stage 2 milk.. The problem is...he got constipated with Promil. As in sobrang hirap na hirap sya.. Poop is stony like sa kambing..may kasama pang dugo.. Everytime he poops, sobrang iyak ** ng iyak.. may phobia n nga ** magpoop e.. I'm really worried at sobrang naaawa ako sa baby ko. 3 weeks na xang ganun.. I do not know what milk is best for the situation like him.. Last week, I changed his milk into GAIN plus. But STILL, he was constipated..

I told it to my OB, sabi nya it's because of the sugar in Milk. Promil and Gain dw kz are sweeter compare to some other milk in the market.. and that we should do a trial and error daw so we can get what's really is suited for him..

I'm worried with the "trial and error" thing kz sa mahal ng gatas *****...parang it's like your throwing money. My OB suggested pala NAN 2. But we haven't tried it yet..Anyone who are using or have tried using it?? Can you please share some feedbacks/info before I buy?

And have you guys experienced it with your kids? Could you please help me? I would really appreciate if you could give me some inputs and recommendations about the right milk (for constipated)...

Thanks so much for your time.

hi... my baby is 6.5 mos old kaso brastfed kasi sya so hindi ko talaga problem to....

kung yun ang suggestion ng pedia... maybe you can buy the milk in cartons lang muna...

and... wala ba syang sinabi about food? kasi papaya and prune juice helps a lot I believe... lots of veggies and fruits (wag lang apple and banana) and lots of water

hi,
    baby ko ganyan din pinainom ko sya enfalax lacto free minsan imookey minsan matigas pa rin...painumin mo ng water sa cerelac lumalambot at popoo niya tapos sinasabayan din namin minsan ng papaya...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast