How to POTTY-TRAIN Cats/Dogs | Pets and Animals | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Clockwork Woman

How to POTTY-TRAIN Cats/Dogs

???

I love Aina
    A dog is easy to housebreak with crate training. Do a search on Google, there are lots of articles on this.

pinoypawerr
    well first you need a litter box..
    when they do it--put their **** in the litter box..
    the have a natural tendency to **** where they spell their ****..
    if they do it in the wrong place..scold them..fi they do it the right place..reward them..
    it is quite easy--just remeber to clean the litter box a few times a week

good luck..
    what kind of dog/cat do you have?

sabi ng papa ko kapag nagdumi raw ang aso sa isang lugar na ayaw mong dun siya mag poop or pee, i-subsob daw ang mukha sa piss and poop para matuto.

^^^ wrong. kasi yun ang teritoryong gusto nila.

all you have to do is pagalitan ang aso, you dont have to shove their face sa kinalatan nila.

linisin at sabunin ang ihi nila to remove their markings. then turuan mo silang magpoop sa tamang lugar.

pinoypawerr
    ya--basically it boils down to letting the dog know he is wrogn when he poops in the wrong place and letting him know he did the right thing when he poops in the right place...sa pusa madali dim naman..unless talagang bobo yung pusa mo

...just because
    Parang mas madali turuan yung pusa. Yung pusa kasi namin, nung nilagyan namin ng litter box dun na agad sya nag-poo!

Originally posted by pollywog
    Parang mas madali turuan yung pusa. Yung pusa kasi namin, nung nilagyan namin ng litter box dun na agad sya nag-poo!
    Yup ganun din nung may pusa kami. Medyo masama lang nga aim nung isa

Pusa namin hindi na kelangang turuan. Siya na yung naghuhukay sa lupa for his poops

you'll need a whole lot of patience and time, energy/effort. parang rin sa bata- pero mas mabilis naman, at least rin di ka naman sinasagot rin.
    to:
    http://www.dogs-r.us.com/potty-training.html
    http://www.about-dogs.com/puppy_potty_training.htm

Yung aso namen. Di tinuruan. Basta alam na lang niya.

Yung mga aso after niya, ginaya lang siya kaya.

Paano ipotty train? Paturo sila sa ibang aso..

hehehe

thanks

thanks for the links above toron. they're very helpful. i'm in the process of training my puppy.

How many litterboxes for your cats?

For those with cats that use litterboxes, how many litterboxes do your cats use? And I mean the big-size boxes? I'm just trying to compute how many I need when all my 9 cats are fully-grown (urk!). They're all domestic cats.

I love Aina
    One cat, one litterbox.

in my case with quianna, everytime i can watch her, i put a news paper in one corner of my room, then un, dun na sya lagi nagpopoo. sometimes nga di ko napapansin na magpopoopoo na sya, shes barking at me, yun pala nagpapalagay na ng news paper dun sa spot where she poops. so far ok na.

yung kitten ko hindi ko na tinuruan eh.. dun na talaga sya nagpoop.. kasi dba mga pusakals nga sa mga sand and construction site mahilig magpoop hahaha

aww, buti pa kayo... kami yung great dane namin (na hindi pa great kasi puppy pa lang), ayaw matuto... kaya sa labas siya lagi nagkakalat kung saan saan

NOSEBLEED
    The keys in potty training dogs are patience and consistency. Make it a point that you bring your dog to the area, where you want it to defecate. If he does, praise him and give him treats. I repeat, you have to be consistent in this one so it wouldn't be confused or anything.

Don't ever hurt nor shove the face of your dog. If ever you catch your dog eliminating in an undesired spot, say 'NO' sternly. Also, don't let the dog see you clean his waste because he might think that it's a game of some sort. Bear in mind that you can only punish (by saying no sternly) your dog if you catch him in the act. If you didn't caught him doing it, punishing him would be useless. The dog wouldn't have any idea what he did. Ideally, you must punish your dog within 5 seconds of the incident.

Goodluck!

My Cat's Bad Habit

When he was still a kitten, he used to pee in the litter box... now that he's a year old, kahit saan na lang sha umiihi. Baliktad talaga. One time I caught him sa living room, inihian nya yung couch. I noticed parang may ceremony muna sha eh... paikot-ikot and then pag parang kinikilig na, ayun, umiihi na sha.

Are there cat owners here who can give good advice? Need insights on how I can discipline my cat because my mom wants to give him away na

...just because
    Is the litter box always clean? Anyway, you might want to try the Four Paws Repellent Spray for dogs and cats. It worked for our cats. It can be prayed on furnitures, carpet, trees, shrubs and other forbidden areas. It is availabe at Bio-Research.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last