Guide to NBA Forum + Team Thread Directory [updated 06.23.2016] | NBA | PinoyExchange

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... Last

Exclamation Guide to NBA Forum + Team Thread Directory [updated 06.23.2016]

Aside from the PinoyExchange User Agreement, here are some guidelines that should be followed when posting on this forum.

1. Think before you post
    Is this appropriate in this forum? Does my post have any relevance to the topic? Does it have any substance at all from which others can learn from what I have to say? We know "you agree", we know that "it's funny". Care to expound on that?

2. Moved and merged threads
    Cannot find that thread that you posted? Chances are, they were either moved to the more appropriate forum, or merged with another thread discussing the same topic. I usually leave a redirect link to the original forum of moved threads. Still can't find your thread? Shoot me a PM.

3. Posting pictures or images
    Generally speaking, direct linking to images not uploaded to one's own server is bandwidth stealing. But hey, if you still want to post images, just make sure they aren't too big and they're for general patronage. Expect the moderator be more strict than the MTRCB. Conservative ako eh.

4. Avoid long strands of text or emoticons
    In a similar fashion, please do not post long strands of text without spaces (e.g. a "hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!" that's 10 miles long). It stretches the window to annoying lengths unnecessarily. Similarly, we know you're happy, so one smiley face is enough to convey that.

5. Capital letters
    Posting a message entirely in CAPITAL LETTERS on a message board is considered 'shouting'. It can convey two meanings: you need a new keyboard, or you're wacko enough to think others can actually hear you shouting.

6. Txtspk & Jejemon language
    Needless to say, are strictly prohibited. Violators will be flogged to death (or have their account temporarily suspended, whichever is worse).

7. Posting links to articles and news items
    Please refrain from posting complete text taken out of online sites, especially without providing its source. Simply providing the link to the article or news item is enough. PEx is a place to discuss them; we're no online Xerox machine. In the same light, post only what is truthful. Do not brand rumors to be facts. We know you want to be a Boy Abunda and be the first to break the news, but please name a verifiable source at the very least.

8. Spamming
    Do not post multiple copies of a message or thread. If your thread has not received many replies, it's probably because none of the members who are currently logged in know the answer to your question nor have an interest on the subject. Bumping up old threads which have very little relevance to current events is also a no-no. Posting of new threads or posts which include signatures and/or links to your own personal blogs that do not contribute to the discussion will be deleted.

9. Stay on-course
    If possible, avoid veering too much off-topic. A little small talk is fine, but please keep it at tolerable levels. Chika-chika will only be allowed in team/athlete-dedicated threads (e.g. official Ginebra thread, Tennis lovers thread, etc). We have more than enough space over at Small Talk and Personals for such threads.

10. Buying and Selling
    Direct buying and selling will not be allowed in this forum. PinoyExchange has dedicated Classifieds forums for these. Posts of such nature will be edited out.

11. Flaming
    Note that there is a big difference between expressing an opinion and flaming. All opinions are welcome, but try to be constructive and avoid attacking someone personally. Ad hominem attacks will be edited out, offensive posts included (this will serve as the first warning). Do it a second time, and you'll hear from the admins.

12. Search
    Seek and ye shall find. Use the Search function of PEx to avoid posting threads which are already being discussed. You can also try browsing through the Archived Threads of each forum.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nethrow/archive.jpg

The more recent threads are located at the end of the list. Please refrain from bumping up old, irrelevant threads (refer to #7)

13. Blow the whistle
    If you need the moderator's immediate attention regarding a post (duplicate post, offending post, spam post/thread, or any post that is in violation of the PEx UA Agreement), report them immediately through Private Message. Be a sweetheart, and make life easier for everybody by reporting them so the moderator can act swiftly.

14. Ask your moderator
    You may also ask any inquiries or requests in this thread. I will act on them as promptly as I can.

That's all for now. Happy PExing!
    Last edited by neth_row; May 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM.

2. Feb 6, 2005

3. Oct 12, 2007

To the mod, why delete my post? I'm just trying to make a possibility base on what is happening to the series. With the way the Celtics and the Lakers are playing dominantly over their opponents, it is not possible that the match-up will bound to happen.

Yes, it's also possible to create a 2014 NBA Finals Oklahoma City Thunder vs Washington Wizards thread.

Quote Originally Posted by neth_row View Post
    Yes, it's also possible to create a 2014 NBA Finals Oklahoma City Thunder vs Washington Wizards thread.
    With all due respect, I stated on the title of my post that it is the 2010 NBA Finals. and I am about to make a reply that I end up with the finals match base on the fact that they are ahead in their respective series, 2-0, which they won dominantly.

lol, humihirit pa talaga e.

dapat kasi 3-0 na daw standing before you'll be allowed to create such a poll.

Triple Crown Leg Winner westbound17's Avatar
    gusto ni Lakers/Celtics TS na trash-talkan na agad.

Noted on your objection, honorable gentleman.

Any idea when the derisive term "fanboy" will be banned in this forum?

Hindi rin. You don't get to trash talk as much as you want too. If I were to compile all the posts that I composed but decided to delete, it'd be a novel.

neth_row = KILL JOY

yung thread na POSEUR NBA FANS?ni-lock niya.

wala namang masama dun eh, di naman offensive.

pa-unlock naman.

^^ malamang nagkakamot na ng ulo yun TS sa post mong yan..

Galit ako kay Rudy Fernandez dahil feelingerong magaling sya sa Blazers pero olats naman nung naging starter siya vs Phoenix in the first round.

^ lagot ka, mod neth....

baka mag-create na naman sya ng thread at magtatanong yan kung bakit biglang nawala ang thread nya.

The Lost Gospel Gospel of Judas's Avatar
    mod neth, please request to ban fighthits kasi puro spam articles ang ginagawa nya. eh diba bawal ang nagmamarket ng sariling website dito?

ps: kung pwede pakisunod na si pound4pound

Quote Originally Posted by Gospel of Judas View Post
    mod neth, please request to ban fighthits kasi puro spam articles ang ginagawa nya. eh diba bawal ang nagmamarket ng sariling website dito?

PS: The moderator can see right through your personal agenda

ban fighthits

yun o! (standing ovation (while clapping), with tears of joy pa)

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound_23 View Post
    yun o! (standing ovation (while clapping), with tears of joy pa)
    Now we should care for your emotions too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pound4Pound View Post
    Now we should care for your emotions too?
    We? You and what army?

Quote Originally Posted by talunan08 View Post
    We? You and what army?
    Coming from you who claimed I am famous here?

Coming from you who claimed I am famous here?
    Popularity doesn't equate to the number of people who actually actually think you are significant.

In fairness, feel na feel mo talaga na popular ka.

Quote Originally Posted by talunan08 View Post
    Popularity doesn't equate to the number of people who actually actually think you are significant.

In fairness, feel na feel mo talaga na popular ka.
    Feel na feel? Telepath ka din pala!!

can neth row just ban p4p? pex will be a better place.

wala bang like dito sa PEx na parang sa FB?

Quote Originally Posted by jaLenpaRk™ View Post
    wala bang like dito sa PEx na parang sa FB?
    ban nyo muna si p4p bago yan

Ano? Banyo muna ako?

kagaya nyang post mo...

Ano? Banyo muna ako?
    You are so funny.

Ano? Banyo muna ako?
    mukha ka daw banyo.
    I don't see any compelling reason to.
    Last edited by neth_row; Jun 30, 2010 at 04:18 PM.

19. Jul 11, 2010
    Reason
    spam

* I wish PEX have a little league forums for the 2009 2010 newly created nick / avatars..

there should be a leveling and graduated pools for posters..

"They don't deserve to be exchanging thoughts with the senior members at the get go IMHO" (at the get go)

Aged gap immaturity & unfamiliarity brings all sorts of havoc...

Triple Crown Leg Winner westbound17's Avatar
    Why am i the TS of the duplicated Miami Heat thread?

22. Aug 29, 2010

tomorrow and yesterday boredtoday's Avatar
    nasan ang thread ng nbatv schedules?

Suspension notices will also be included on this thread.

1st instance: 3 days
    2nd instance: 7 days
    3rd instance: for banning

Slide-back rule for each offense every one month.

Today's winners:

the_bonfire2.0
    Gospel of Judas
    clintoy23

Page 1 of 15 1 2 11 ... Last