PEx Highlights

NOW SHOWING: A Second Chance

Ano ang paborito mong hugot line galing sa A Second Chance? Wag magpahuli sa kwentuhan.

read more

Who will rule the hard court this season? A new champion will emerge. Will it be UST or FEU?

read more

REVIEW: Victor Frankenstein

"Victor Frankenstein comes in after Halloween, but for a good reason". Check out the full movie review here!

read more

REVIEW: Hunger Games

Check out the review for Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 2. PEx mod Hydrangea shares his views here.

read more

PROMO: In the Heart of the Sea

Join the promo and get a chance to win In the Heart of the Sea screening tickets.

read more

Philippine Superliga 2015

Who will be the queens of volleyball this season? Cheer for your volleyball idols in this thread.

read more

understanding salary grades... what are they?

i've seen in some job ads that say "salary grade: 16 ++ allowances" or "salary grade: 13"

what does this mean? does the 16 and 13 mean 16,000 and 13,000 a month or what? or is there like an informative table for the equivalent of those numbers?

i think salary grades are used only in government jobs. the base salary grade of 1 i think is the minimum wage and an increase in salary grade usually comes with a fixed amount of increase in one's salary.

salary grades are usually assigned to group different positions/jobs.

SG 1 may be the lowest, usually janitors and such.

SG 22 may be for officers, department heads, etc... and as such have higher salary.

usually, the term "SG" is used in government agencies but there are equivalent terms in private firms.

Council is right. In private they are usually called job brackets or salary scales etc.

You should be lucky if the company you are working or applying for already has salary grades and are implemented. That would assure you that people who do more or less the same level of job have close salaries. It eliminates salary complaints to a certain extent.

For example, you are both programmers and you found out that your buddy earns double than you. What would you feel?