PEx Highlights

FEATURE: The Travails of Chot Reyes

Find out as Jay P. Mercado weighs in on the criticism handed to our national basketball team coach, Chot Reyes.

read more

Show Me Your One Big Teeths!

Virgie is absent but Merly has a special guest in this week's episode! Find out who it is in this week's Cheerdance edition of Show Me Your Teeths!

read more

UAAP End of Eliminations Power Rankings

Fun times in Katipunan, the streaking Red Warriors and a very happy Norbert Torres. All that and more in this week's power rankings!

read more

First BPO Choice Awards Official Launch

The Core Productions, Inc., presented the first industry and awards night that revels the voice of the IT-BPO industry at the ICITE Auditorium.

read more

PHOTOS: Adamson Finally Captures Elusive Win

Check out match scenes from the final elimination game of the UAAP Men's Basketball season!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner is a gripping and intense post-apocalyptic rollercoaster.

read more

drinking MILK before XRAY! < is this true?!

is it true to drink at least 2 glasses of milk before having a chest xray for cover up?! i really dunno, someone just told me that. others even say to drink a raw egg.

what does those do? or do's and don't before a chest XRAY. pls help. thanks you guys!

Totally untrue. For further details, please wait for eyedoc's reply.

ang alam ko, calcium can be detected by x-ray... di ba doc?

Bone, which contains calcium, does not let much radiation through and results in white images on the x-ray film. The lungs, which are filled with air, allow nearly all x-rays to strike the film resulting in a black film image.

Anyway Check this site: Do's & don't

http://www.washingtonradiology.com/exams/xray.html

DO's(day before & on the day) of your EXAM.

http://www.ausrad.com/rse_ep_adult.shtml

hello eyedoc, doc ira, pinay and all legitimate docs here.

my friend kasi is going abroad to be an ofw.

so before undergoing the poea physical exam next week, nag pa xray sya last month...kaso di namin maintindihan kung me "spot" sya sa baga or to what extent.

the results are:

koch's minimal infection.
    Electrocardiograph normal sinus rhythm
    Incomplete right bundle branch block, non specific st-t wave changes

so under these results kapag nag pa exam ulit sya under poea's clinic next week, mabibigyan po ba kaya sya ng "Fit to work" recommendation?

she's taking multivatimins now, stopped smoking and drinking tons of milk.

thanks po...

Originally posted by brokensword
    hello eyedoc, doc ira, pinay and all legitimate docs here.

my friend kasi is going abroad to be an ofw.

so before undergoing the poea physical exam next week, nag pa xray sya last month...kaso di namin maintindihan kung me "spot" sya sa baga or to what extent.

the results are:

koch's minimal infection.
    Electrocardiograph normal sinus rhythm
    Incomplete right bundle branch block, non specific st-t wave changes

so under these results kapag nag pa exam ulit sya under poea's clinic next week, mabibigyan po ba kaya sya ng "Fit to work" recommendation?

she's taking multivatimins now, stopped smoking and drinking tons of milk.

thanks po...
    I would just want to ask the following questions: 1. Where is he/she applying? 2. How old is your friend, 3. Are there any other medications taken aside from the vitamins? 3. and honestly, does he/she feel anything chest pains, chest heaviness? Or any history of prolonged periods of cough, difficulty of breathing, weight loss?

Before any clearance by the POEA physician, the applicant would be asked if there are symptoms (may nararamdaman na kakaiba). Id be presuming that people would deny their symptoms just to work as an OFW (have met a lot of them), but eventually, if the MD is very inquisitive, nabubuko rin. One has to remember, physical examinations are made to make sure people are fit to work in other words, the benefit would be more for the applicant (if there is something wrong, you have identified it, probably even before the worst case scenario has occurred).

Kochs infection would be interpreted by the layman as having tuberculosis. If he/she had treatment in the past, he/she shouldnt hide it. There might be additional examinations requested by the POEA to make them decide if the individual is fit to work. If he/she has previous chest x-rays, tell him/her to make it available. If he/she had the history of treatment, and was seen by a private physician, (especially a pulmonologist), sometimes a certification from that person would be needed certification for the completion of treatment of tuberculosis.

As regard the electrocardiograph finding, I am sure there would be questions asked as I have mentioned, any chest pains, chest heaviness, any difficulty of breathing.

Hope this could have cleared up most of your questions, even if I did ask some questions too

brokensword -- It really depends on the requirements of your friend's prospective employer. Off hand, I would think that she would be required to undergo treatment first before she will be allowed to go.

For the original question regarding drinking milk or taking in raw eggs for "chest cover up", that's simply NOT TRUE.

pinay24 (off topic) -- I've been seeing you post often lately, and I have an impression that you are not a doctor. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No I am not just sharing the things that I have read in some articles or in some other cases in the other forum/topic that I may have encountered in the past or basically on my experience. I was a nursing student before though but shifted to engineering. LOL

eyedoc - she's going to saipan, northern mariana islands.

ano po ba ang ibig sabihin ng koch's minimal infection kasi di po namin maintindihan. would this mean that she has to undergo medication before leaving? and gaano po usually (offhand) katagal ang medication?

at ito po ba yung sa layman's term na sinasabi na me "spot" sa baga?

tnx po

Koch's infection is tuberculosis. And, yes, this is often referred to as a "spot sa baga". Treatment is at least 6 months. I am not familiar, however, with health requirements of Saipan, so it would be better for her to ask the agency.

que sera sera...
    Hiyah peeps!
    I have a friend who have this issue but she already went medication for this and mahihirapan ba sya maghanap ng work?!? or wut if kung meron pa ring spots dun, will she have trouble in getting a job or like working?! anu dapat nya sabihin sa doctor?! TNX!!!

hi doctors and readers

nag apply kasi ako sa isang cruise ship and i passed the series of interviews. bukas i'll be having my medical exam which ofcourse include xray. but last month, nag medical din ako sa other company na napag apply-an ko and the doctor said na my spot ako since last year from my last year xray result caused daw ng tuberculosis and now my nodule na daw. the doctor told me to take fixcom3 for precautionary purposes since i was healed from Tuberculosis without undergoing medication before. last week i visited a pulmonologist tapos my reseta ako ng quadtab and vitamins and scheduled me for another xray next month.

my question is, is it ok na mag xray every month?? i heard daw na harmful ang radiation ng xray.

the previous doctor noted that insignificant na ang TB and "im fit to work" but hindi ako tinanggap ng company dahil sa nodule. sa cruise ships ba ganun din ka strict?

it is possible mawala ang nodule na ang size is 1.5x0.9cm with medication?

im worried kasi baka hindi ako makapag trabaho.