PEx Highlights

FEATURE: Gilas Going for Gold in Asian Games

For the next two weeks, Gilas Pilipinas will once more be in the spotlight in search for our first basketball gold medal in the Asian Games since 1962.

read more

Show Me Your Naked Teeths!

In this week's episode of Show Me Your Teeths, the girls talk about the truth, the whole truth and nothing but The Naked Truth!

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Outmuscles La Salle, Claim #2 Seed

The FEU Tamaraws secured the #2 seed in the Final Four after beating the DLSU Green Archers, 65-60.

read more

PROMO: The Maze Runner

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive The Maze Runner merchandise!

read more

REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

The Legend Ends is a totally epic conclusion to a heroic tale.

read more

UP StatSoc Goes Infinite!

Come and join UP StatSoc in celebrating their 33rd Anniversary on September 22 to 27!

read more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

nagka bulate ka na ba?

hi guys. napanood ko sa tv more than 6 ft na tapeworm lumabas sa isang tao. nakakadiri. so far di pa ko nagkabulate. doc, pano po maiwasan para di magkaroon ng bulate? pano malaman kung may bulate ka sa tiyan mo? kwento nyo naman experience niyo para dun sa nagkabulate na

Wash your hands and food thoroughly!

Quote Originally Posted by junben_c
    hi guys. napanood ko sa tv more than 6 ft na tapeworm lumabas sa isang tao. nakakadiri. so far di pa ko nagkabulate. doc, pano po maiwasan para di magkaroon ng bulate? pano malaman kung may bulate ka sa tiyan mo? kwento nyo naman experience niyo para dun sa nagkabulate na
    It was in the Discovery program that I saw the three meter beef tapeworm. BTW, he pursposely ate a young worm. Later, he took an anti-helminthic drug to get rid of it.

In the same episode, there was a young patient (in his twenties) who developed signs and symptoms of brain tumor. Before he was wheeled into the OR for diagnostic craniotomy, the surgeon asked him one question. "Where did you vacation?" It turned out he went to Nepal where he ate contaminated food.

Another incident involved about six Jewish patients diagnosed with pork tapeworm. It turned out to be from a chicken help who got contaminated. The obvious preventive effective measure junben is washing of hands and cooking utencils prior to handling food.

To avoid getting fish tapewrom, one should always eat fresh raw sushi or sashimi in reputable and trusted restaurants.

thanks doc.

stool test po ba can detect tapeworm? if yes, anong medicine ang dapat inumin.

i love eating sushi and sashimi kase.

Yes, are there any medicine one should take to be able to know?

My friend's experience...

she was young then and she had a mild cough, her mom gave her a medicine that would get rid of the worms. It was late then and the lights were off, she coughed and felt something sticking on her throat, she opened her mouth and tried to pull the thing out...

She screamed at the top of her lungs and when the lights were on

Viola!

It is confirmed, the worm got out from her body... but through her mouth...

Disgusting but it's true....

i roared and i rampaged
    Anu ano pa po ang symptons ng me bulate? totoo po ba na nakakatulong ang pineapple juice? Hindi ba pag me lumabas na bulate hindi sure na wala ka na since nangingitlog sila sa loob ng tiyan? *paranoid*

uu nga, nasan mga doc dito, baket panay kuwentu lang ang sagut nung isang doc?

up *** natin..

hello to all doctors!!
    pls give us some information on this and how to get rid those worms & etc pasuyo naman po..many thanks!

combatrin?

payat ako. totoo ba na kaya ganun kc may bulate ka sa tiyan at kailangan ka uminom ng combatrin? kailangan ba talaga uminon nun **** 3 mos. etc. 20+ na ko alam ko para sa bata lang un

Quote Originally Posted by Udon View Post
    payat ako. totoo ba na kaya ganun kc may bulate ka sa tiyan at kailangan ka uminom ng combatrin? kailangan ba talaga uminon nun **** 3 mos. etc. 20+ na ko alam ko para sa bata lang un
    Soil-transmitted helminthiasis (STH, aka bulate sa tiyan is more commonly found in children, especially the preschool and early childhood years. The parasites more commonly involved are the round worm (Ascaris lumbricoides), whipworm (Trichuris trichiura), and the hookworm (which absorbs iron). The intensity of the infection can take its toll on the child's body, with the parasites competing for the nutritional intake of the child. That's why children with "bulate sa tiyan" usually look malnourished and weak. However, some adults may also be infected with soil-transmitted helminths even if they seem healthy.

With regards to your question, yes, if a patient has been diagnosed to have STH (parasite eggs seen in fecalysis or actual expulsion of adult worms), it requires treatment depending on the type of parasites seen. Children in high-risk groups and those living in endemic (unhygienic environmental & sanitary conditions) areas may also be given prophylactic treatments. Adults are usually given medical treatment after they are diagnosed to have STH and especially when the infection coexists or has aggravated another disease condition.

The definition of "payat" may be subjective. A person's physical built depends on the genes, his nutritional status, and his overall health. If you don't mind me asking, what's your actual height and weight? If you noticed that you've suddenly lost weight (without dieting or regular exercise or after surgery) in a span of 3 months or less, even without other signs and symptoms, maybe it's time you consult a physician.

ah thx so kailangan pa-consult muna? tingin ko naman ***, pero kc dati nung bata ako pinapa-inom *** combatrin every 6mos. ***** para daw malinis ang tiyan etc. totoo ba un? o kailangan may symptoms pa? kc daw kinukuha daw ng mga bulate *** sustansya ng pagkain *** payat.

ah thx so kailangan pa-consult muna? tingin ko naman ***, pero kc dati nung bata ako pinapa-inom *** combatrin every 6mos. ***** para daw malinis ang tiyan etc. totoo ba un? o kailangan may symptoms pa? kc daw kinukuha daw ng mga bulate *** sustansya ng pagkain *** payat.
    If you had been treated with Combantrin (pyrantel pamoate) before (whether you've had STH or not), then there's little possibility that you still have STH in your adult years. Ask your parents why they gave you Combantrin when you were a kid. Maybe they did it as prophylactic (preventive, even if you don't have symptoms). If you are still concerned that you might still have STH, have a fecalysis done at any diagnostic clinic/lab. It shouldn't cost you more than P100.

*Friendly reminder: pls avoid using "textspeak" when posting here in PEx. Spell out your words completely.

actually they only did it because they believe i have "bulate sa tiyan" kaya wala ko gana kumain or kasi payat ako etc.

eh di naman nila ko pina-treat so that means wala talaga di ba? or should i drink one just in case?

actually they only did it because they believe i have "bulate sa tiyan" kaya wala ko gana kumain or kasi payat ako etc.

eh di naman nila ko pina-treat so that means wala talaga di ba? or should i drink one just in case?
    I cannot say for sure if you do have it or not. I would not recommend that you drink Combantrin again.

However, if you do decide to retake the treatment (without the fecalysis first), then you may do so.
    For one-dose treatment: 1 pc 500mg/tab Mebendazole (Antiox, P60 each) or 2 pcs 250mg/tab Pyrantel pamoate (Combantrin, P43 each). You can take it before or after meals. You have to take this once only.

Thanks again. I probably wouldn't take it, I thought its normal and everybody gets worms once in a while (eg. eating street food), so i thought its like its a must to drink combatrin to have a healthy stomach (?) etc.

Pampurga

hello!

help naman, ano po ang effective na gamot para sa pampurga ng nasa age aroung 19-25? at ilang tablet ba dapat mo i-take?

thanks
    Last edited by smilewarrior; Jan 27, 2007 at 12:45 PM. Reason: "nsa", "tke" are TextSpeak.

^Please avoid omitting the vowels and please spell the words correctly. You can be banned for TextSpeak.

Question Bulate sa Tiyan(another version)

ask ko lang kung sino po ang dapat i consult regarding this problem, and whats the most effective way to treat this?? nabasa ko from previous threads na dapat mo raw pero ipa examine yung dumi mo para malaman kung may bulate ka o wala.. pero ayoko maniwala, dahil sabi doon fool-proof way daw yun.. :-( What's the best thing to do to solve this ba?? help naman..
    Last edited by smilewarrior; Apr 25, 2007 at 08:29 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast