Vigan - Page 2 | Travel and Leisure | PinoyExchange

X

Page 2 of 35 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last
    certified traveholic :p sentiments's Avatar
    i suggest u take the dominion or the partas bus.... kc *** phil rabbit, medyo...... lalang..... :-D

mahal ng fare ngayon. via partas P450 one way.
    Sentiment exactly how long was the ride?

@ bluejeanbaby.... di kc kame dumeretso ng vigan from manila..... bale sta.lucia, ilocos sur muna.... mga 6-7 hrs ata *** biyahe namin from manila to sta.lucia....tapos from sta.lucia to vigan mga 1 1/2 - 2 hrs ride sya......

ayun...

Sentiment, saya naman. how many days do you think one should stay in vigan to see it all? I mean I know there are places in Vigan you wish you went to.

Originally posted by mirekscibor
    bluejeanbaby: yes, the rates i've listed are updated. I called them up last Friday.

Re: peak season, yes they do have that. Not sure exactly when it starts/ends, though I'm certain that July is off-peak judging from the rates they gave me. You don't even have to pay to reserve a room at Gordon. You just need to tell them when to expect you. They will hold a room for you til 4:00 pm. If you are unable to get there by this time, you just need to call them up to keep the reservation.

I plan to go there by bus. I got the numbers of two bus lines in Edsa:

Phil Rabbit (Balintawak): 364-3477
    Dominion Bus lines (EDSA cor NY): 741-4146/731-4188

Travel is 8 hours from EDSA to Vigan.

Sana lang di maulan this July! Pero wag naman sana mainit. In any case, tuloy pa rin ako.
    hello po ako po ay sumasakay sa partas hehhehheh

Pasay-Vigan 8/hrs
    Cubao-Vigan 7.5/hrs
    Cavite-Vigan 12 hrs
    Lucena-Vigan 18 hrs

@ esther and sentiments, thanks for the tip. btw, do you know the phone # of partas (cubao)?

@ bluejeanbaby: i'm still thinking about where I'd stay. gordon inn has the lowest rate, but I like the interiors at villa angela.
    that said, my july trip to vigan could be cancelled due to work demands.. kainis, looks like my NJ project will push through by end of jul, which means i might need to train before i leave and subsequently kiss my vigan plans goodbye.

thanks esther.

mirekscibor, i know. work really sucks. i plan to file a 2 day leave but if they ask why, what do i say. sheesh. pero gusto ko na talagang pumunta

bluejeanbaby, exagge naman work mo. they have to find out what you'll be doing during these 2 days before they approve? yaiks.

as for me, i found training dates that won't hit my vigan vaca. they still have to be approved by HR though. i',m crossing my fingers until then.

Since paalis na ang bagyo siguro pagpunta mo sa Vigan ok na.

sana nga... bagiuo is my first destination. i'll rest for a day then i'm off to vigan.

bluejeanbaby : ***** 2-3 days ok na para malibot ang vigan...

mirekscibor = di ko alam number ng partas e.......

orchard by night... sooperbutts's Avatar
    mirekscibor : sir kame nung nagpunta kame ng vigan sa fariņas transit kame sumakay sa may forbes sa sampaloc...ok naman *** bus..nung time na un, fariņas daw pinakamura...

nagpunta kame dun september 2003...
    tropa kame..nde p nagtataas pamasahe pro 375 ata natatandaan ku...

actually lagpas pa ng vigan *** pinuntahan namen, the second to the last town ng ilocos sur bago dumating ng ilocos norte....
    house ng officemate namen *** pinagstayan namen..

we visited vigan..lufet!!!....isa *** vigan s dream place ku....ganda....haaayyyy...bka balik me this august or september malamang ...kaso pagudpod naman and daan *** ng vigan ulet..with different set of friends ** sa office....

i suggest since malapit n *** pagudpod, punta k ren don..kase un *** pinagcchan namen nung mga tropa ku...dameng nice beaches dun (kung beach lover ka) and sayang ksi mga 4 hrs trip from vigan..den baguio try mu ren,, habang malapit ka sa mga nice places...

suggestion lang po!!!

sooperbutts: layo ng sampaloc sa amin e..

as for pagudpod, why not? pero i only plan to stay for 4 days, 3 nights (this includes travel time of 16 hours to and from Mla ha). I might not have enough time to explore both places.

is 1 day enough for pagudpod?

meron rin terminal ng patras sa Pasay at Cavite City hehehe magkalaban sila ng saulog transit!!!

Time Duration:

Cubao-Laoag:10/hrs
    Pasay-Laoag:12/hrs
    Cavite City-Laoag via Saluog:16/hrs

hi.*** else is there to see and do after seeing crisologo st (main attraction)?

orchard by night... sooperbutts's Avatar
    Originally posted by mirekscibor
    sooperbutts: layo ng sampaloc sa amin e..

as for pagudpod, why not? pero i only plan to stay for 4 days, 3 nights (this includes travel time of 16 hours to and from Mla ha). I might not have enough time to explore both places.

is 1 day enough for pagudpod?
    oo naman...mga 4 hrs nga lang daw approximately...

sayang naman kase nandon n ikaw....

kaya yan almost 9 hrs *** byahe namen 1 way p ***...

ikaw..nsa time management naman yan eh....

jellybeaniebaby
    We went to Ilocos two years ago - but we stayed in Laoag. We only spent a day in Pagudpud - and it was nice. And it's fairly enough - kung beach lang talaga ang gusto mo.

Pagudpud is about an hour away from Laoag. Vigan is about 100km from Laoaog - if you leave Vigan very early in the morning, you could take that stretch in about an hour. Obviously, you'd need to drive 100kph - which is not farfetched kasi maganda ang daan sa Ilocos.

jellybeaniebaby
    ... so kung maayos ang traffic conditions at maaga ka umalis ng Vigan, it can take you a little over 2 hours ... not really bad.

vigan is one of my favorite places aside from baguio of course.

Page 2 of 35 First 1 2 3 12 ... Last