PEx Highlights

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PROMO: Interstellar

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Interstellar!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1974.

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I just wonder if there are still men out there who are willing to spend forever with just one woman, their wife?

KATKAT: Im sure that there are still some "good" guys out there. Though most men in our society seems to have lots of women in their lives, I believe that there can still be guys out there who wants to only have one woman in his life.

Katkat...

Have you watched Notting Hill? There's this scene wherin they discover a bench in this beautiful garden wherein these words were inscribed: (These aren't the exact words.. I forgot the names ) To *Mary, who loved this garden. From *John who always sat down beside her in this garden. Upon reading this, Julia Roberts says: "So people can end up spending their life together..."

I believe that there are a lot of men who can spend the rest of their lives with just ONE woman. It just depends on his and/or her maturity... and if they're meant for each other...

[This message has been edited by ChiQui (edited 09-18-1999).]

Well Chiqui I just hope that the man I marry will be like "John." I would be the happiest woman in the world if that happens!

I used to believe that faithful men still exist until I started working... met a lot of people ... and heard about their life stories. I've known some girls who are going out with married men, and I was really shocked to learn that even the faithful, responsible looking married men I know are also fooling around (some often and some from time to time). It's happening everywhere and it's sickening!
    My mom told me once that there's a stage in a man's life when they would fool around. She said I should learn to accept that and know how to handle the situation because it will also pass. This is the reason why I'm scared of getting married... I can't imagine such things will happen to me. I still want to believe that faithful men exist but from what I've seen and heard and learned, I don't want to keep my hopes high.

hi katkat! well first of all, you should know that im a guy.
    actually, alam mo, hindi ako naniniwala na nature nang men ang polygamous. some girls are also like that. it all just depends on the person himself/herself.

KATKAT: madami diyang guys na stick-to-one. andiyan lang sa tabi-tabi yan. sabi nga, humanap ka ng panget hehehe joke lang! anyway, goodluck =).

cbie's right. some guys are polygamous. i guess you just haven't encountered that kind of guy. sabi nila happy is the woman who will be the last love of a man. siguro there is a peson out there that is meant only for you.
    the right woman could make any man monogamous.

Hold on, I'll just ask my wives...

Genevieve: Well if ever there are still some guys who are like that they must be the so-called endangered species!

M!: I also know some men who look so "matino" who have women on the side. It doesn't shock me at all. The only thing that bothers me is their being polygamous in nature and how you can keep them from behaving that way!

cbie : I agree with your view that there are also women who are polygamous. But there are more men out there who are!

Mulch: Well, you have a point there. Sana nga my guy is like that.

gjen: I have lots of friends who are the "right woman" kind of girl but still end up with a two-timer. Why??? What do we women have to be like to keep you men monogamous???

Thanks for your time guys!

don: hahahahaha!!! See what I mean??

as the movie title says: A Few Good Men

there are still men who would spend forever with their wife.. people may just think men are polygamous since they see it around them, men having different girlfriends but are those men married? but i believe that if a man finds his true love (kaya nga niya pinakasalan eh).. then he will be monogamous..

katkat, why did you post this question?

kuluping: You are so right!!!

chog: I wish that what you're saying is true. But in most cases, it isn't! And I find it hard to believe na kaya niya pinakasalan eh mahal niya talaga. Because there are so many married men who plays around! I asked this question because I was just curious on what others think about the topic. Yun lang po.

it's not really guys per se but it must be their attitudes and the way they approach life. i mean, guys settle down when they meet the right woman for them. it must be the upbringing or something. don't worry, you'll find that guy soon enough. i know guys who really stick to one. i have a frined who's been with her guy for almost 4 years now. so you know, monogamous men exist somewhere out there.

KATKAT: I wish I know how to keep men from being polygamous so I can help you and a lot of women out there (including myself) who are also bothered by this!

[This message has been edited by M! (edited 09-27-1999).]

The one-woman man is one rare specie indeed. But I also believe that it's possible for a man to LOVE only one woman in his entire lifetime. But then again, LUST is another thing.

Megan : Well said girl ! ...now, where did that come from ? hehehe ....

ang tanong eh, meron din bang mga gerls na kayang mag-stick-to-one?

i guess, it doesn't really matter kung babae o lalaki, basta pag nakahanap na yan ng katapat nya, kahit sobrang "babaero/lalakero" (excuse 4 the term, ala na akong maisip na right term eh)at mahal na mahal nya yung person na yon...eventually,loyal at loving husband/wife yan

i think that ideas like "men are more like animals" or "men treat women like their property" or "men think with their you-know-whats" are getting old. i don't know if i'm a bit naive but i'd like to think that progress has made men (human beings) more conscious/cautious of how each choice they make affects their lives. it probably also helps that more women are economically independent now and are less likely to stay in a crappy relationship.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast