PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Kia Victorious in Battle of Newcomers

LA Revilla (23pts, 7rebs) stole away the spotlight off of boxing champ Manny Pacquiao's PBA debut, as he rallied Kia over Blackwater 80-66.

read more

PROMO: Big Hero 6

Join the promo and get a chance to win special screening tickets to Big Hero 6!

read more

PHOTOS: Aguilar, Ginebra Bully Talk N Text

Ginebra had no problems in their opening campaign after a 101-81 win over TNT. Japeth Aguilar proved to be too much for the Texters with his game-high 18pts, 18rebs and 5 blks.

read more

REVIEW: The Trial

If there's one particular asset the film has, it's the ensemble.

read more

PHOTOS: 40th PBA Season Opening Ceremony

Ellen Adarna, Megan Young and Alice Dixson led the parade of team muses yesterday during the Opening Ceremony of the new PBA season. Check our gallery here!

read more

Show Me Your Winning Teeths!

Merly and Chelsey are back for a new season of SMYT and they are 'happy to serve' you a new episode about the Miss World pageant and the UAAP Finals.

read more

Page 1 of 206 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Post Young Entrepreneurs dito tayo

hey first of all, i would like to announce that me and my biz will be featured n a magazine soon.

anyway, for those young entrep out there: anong mga problems/conflicts na iencounter nyo sa nyong business?

ako, unfortunately, my own dad discourages me and tells my clients not to buy from me. he tells them that my business is in a bad shape, they they shouldn't make deals with me. sakit 'no?talaga his reason: coz he doesn't want me to have extra curricular activities/ business/ sidelines; just to focus in my studies daw....poor me...

eh kayo?
    Last edited by diwata28; Jan 8, 2002 at 07:08 AM.

Smile

Congrats... and would that be Entrepreneur (Philippines) magazine?

What is the nature of your business?

How do you manage your business and studies at the same time?

I haven't been an entrep in some time but I'd like to be involved in it again. Please consider investing some time in the Business Club - we need all the shared experiences and inputs we can get!

nope--iba!sabihin ko na lang kapag malapit na ma-publish

Post Problems...

There is only one major problem i face in my business --- people who dont pay or those who you have to run after pa just so you can get their payment. It is so time consuming and can be quite irritating!!

Diwata: the reason ur own dad discourages you from this business is because he said you are not doing well in the business in the first place. this is also the reason for ur inability to pay off debts daw. he tells ppl not to deal with you anymore for the same reason. if u think abt it, he is just being protective of you, for ur own good. after all, you have made quite a number of "friends" in this site and also in the other website.

and based on what i've read, do try to keep ur promises and appointments. and if u cant make it, please let ur clients know ahead of time; dont just not show up.

Smile

To add, maybe the dad has a point. How are you sure diwata28 that you're not compromising your studies for your business? Hey you're only gonna be in school for so many years, then you'll be working for most of the rest of your life.

hi there!

well, first of all, my dad and i have reconciled our differences already. isn't it great? i understand that he's just being overprotective of his unica hija. and now he also understand the reasons why i already have my own businesses. fyi, i have been selling stuff since my elementary days and i also used to own a boutique.

secondly, i'm definitely sure that i'm not compromising my studies because i'm a straight a student--yabang!--ahh hindi pa pala kasi may 2 akong b+ last sem, pero malapit na. t-th-s kasi ang class ko, so i usually meet my clients m-w-f and sunday. saka since wholesaler ako, i meet a certain client once a week only saka sinisigurado ko na pareho sila ng place or magkalapit lang, like for friday, i'll meet up with someone in ortigas in the morning and 2 in makati sa hapon. time management lang po.

thirdly, i'm pretty sure that i won't be having a hard time after graduation, next year, since i'm already a part-owner of a start-up international shipping company. sigurista po.

yun lang po!

Diwata28,
    Just wanted to say keep on going. Like you I started my own business young and while in school. But with me I needed it to survive. Nakakainggit ka nga your dad just wanted you to focus on studies. For me either I sell or I stop studying. Thank GOD I made it. So slug it out. All I could say is years from now no one can take away your victories.

da girls got guts

Post Young Entrepreneurs ** tayo

Hello Young Entrepreneurs,

This is our thread. If you have business concerns, ideas or any topics about biz you want to discuss, feel free to post. We can exchange ideas or who knows, we might be able to syndicate on some projects.

Sir!!!!!
    present!!!!!!

Anyone here who would happen to know anything about the ceramics industry here and abroad? It's kind of hard to research even on the net... I need any kind of advice too about starting a small business, I.E.: stuff about registering, taxes, capital, management, etc. And I'd appreciate it if most if not everything were in layman's terms, I haven't started really, planning stage palang.

Originally posted by Rastamataz
    Anyone here who would happen to know anything about the ceramics industry here and abroad? It's kind of hard to research even on the net... I need any kind of advice too about starting a small business, I.E.: stuff about registering, taxes, capital, management, etc. And I'd appreciate it if most if not everything were in layman's terms, I haven't started really, planning stage palang.

For the gov't. requirements like permits, BIR etc. you can get the services of an accounting firm to do it for you.

Starting a business need a business plan, remember, if you fail to plan, you're planning to fail.

Good luck

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll start planning na...

Hi velocity000,
    It seems you know a lot about biz...

If I were to put up a single propretorship biz, d ba I won't be needing SEC anymore? please clarify...

And the only thing that I'll be needing is a business name in which I should get from DTI?

...and also permits/clearance...

What else do you think are needed?

velo subukan ko muna mag reply

bea

all you need is ur name registered sa dti and a mayors permit also while securing a permit sa municipyo isabay mo narin yung sanitary permit and tignan mo rin kung may zoning restrictions on your planned business.

is ur business in a mall kung nasa mall yan medyo iba ang patakaran

hope this helps

Tnx SILENTMAX,

But what if the exact location has an existing DTI and business name already, but what I'm putting up this time eh different nature of biz pero I will be using the same name, do i have to apply again? or pwede ko ipa-convert yung nature of biz lang?

16. Advertisement

mahirap yan i am assuming that your are not the owner of the previous business and panibagong setup ang gagawin mo at hindi lang dagdag sa business

it would make things simpler if you just get a new dti form and mayors permit its not as hard as you think. tsaga lang yan
    patience is very important in being an entrepreneur......

pero its also doesnt hurt if u have balls of steel

Originally posted by Bea_
    Hi velocity000,
    It seems you know a lot about biz...

If I were to put up a single propretorship biz, d ba I won't be needing SEC anymore? please clarify...

And the only thing that I'll be needing is a business name in which I should get from DTI?

...and also permits/clearance...

What else do you think are needed?
    As far as I understand, a single prop biz doesn't need SEC. I suggest that you ask an accountant reg. those requirements. Let them do the leg work, they know best.

It may be worth your while to "research" about corporation. there's alot of advantage in corp than in being single prop.

my 2 cent worh.

SILENTMAX:

I still am the owner, the Certificate of registration and also the land title are both mine(named after me), I closed down the previous biz, and I'm planning yo put up another one...

Originally posted by velocity000

As far as I understand, a single prop biz doesn't need SEC. I suggest that you ask an accountant reg. those requirements. Let them do the leg work, they know best.

It may be worth your while to "research" about corporation. there's alot of advantage in corp than in being single prop.

my 2 cent worh.
    What I know is being in a corporation would save you a lot if ever na bankrupt ang biz, unlike a sole propritorship ikaw lang ang hahabulin and would forfeit your other properties...

bea

kung hindi naman far off yung business kahit wala nang panibagong dti

ex
    services
    foods
    dry goods

if its really not in a mall or a central place di na kailang.

but if you want to do things by the book
    go to dti and secure another form and add another line of business/services into your line of business

yung lang ang kailangan
    also kung dry goods to foods just get the necessary sanitary permits

Page 1 of 206 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast