PEx Highlights

PROMO: Past Tense

Join the promo and get a chance to win block screening tickets to Past Tense!

read more

REVIEW: Horrible Bosses 2

Horrible Bosses 2 carried its hilarity from the first movie and showed good comedic chemistry of its three lead actors.

read more

PHOTOS: Beermen Blasts Batang Pier

The San Miguel Beermen put on a demolition job against the GlobalPort Batang Pier, winning by a huge margin, 95-69.

read more

PHOTOS: Paul Lee Saves the Day for RoS

Paul Lee nailed a crucial three-pointer plus two pressure packed free throws to lead his team to victory over the NLEX Road Warriors, 95-93.

read more

REVIEW: Penguins of Madagascar

Our adult/kiddie review is back! This time, Jollo and Aidan share their thoughts on the sly and slick Penguins of Madagascar.

read more

Show Me Your EDM Teeths!

In this week's episode of SMYT, Chelsey and Merly poke fun at artistas who may have gone too far by releasing albums to boost their careers.

read more

Question Doxycycline

i hope that's the correct way to spell it.

anyways, where do i buy cheaper doxys? and, can i buy some even without prescription?

stupid pimples won't leave me alone

i bought once from this local drugstore (hint: not mercury). 50+ bucks is quite expensive for 100mg, considering that i have to pop 3 of those babies a day.

if there's an existing thread on this, kindly link me to it.

salamat

there is a cheaper generic doxycycline. It cost around P20 in other drug store. yung first time ko bumili nito eh yung generic yung nabili ko then pumunta ako sa mercury yung buinigay sakin is yung doxin yung P50.. natakot ako I thought baka mali yung nabigay sa aking gamot yung una yun pala is generic pala yun kaya mura (magkaiba din yung packaging ng branded at generic doxycycline)

Doxycycline IS already a generic name. Just ask Mercury or other drug stores for the less expensive versions.

Doxycycline, however, being an antibiotic, should NOT be taken without a doctor's prescription and supervision. See your dermatologist first to determine the right treatment for you.

doxycycline kills the Propionibacterium acnes, the bacteria responsible for acnes. But it's not the cure for the present acnes, it's like a prevention for future acnes

pareho ba ang doxycyline sa tetracycline? ano ang kaibahan nila?

Doxycycline is a member of the tetracycline family of antibiotics. Tetracycline is the oldest "member of the family" and has more side effects.

will taking zinc supplements help?

ho-hum......
    anu po ba side effects ng tetracycline?

Ira,

help in preventing acne?

Tetracycline side effects--loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, yellowing of eyes or skin, mental changes, photosensitivity, allergy, interaction with other meds.

Zinc may help especially if you're zinc deficient. Most effective dosage-- 30-45 mg/tab zinc supplement a day for 3 months. In its pure form, US RDA is 5.5- 9.5 mg a day for men and 4- 7 mg a day for women.
    Last edited by Ira; Apr 10, 2004 at 10:14 AM.

Ira,

what foods are rich in zinc? are there any available zinc supplements in drugstores?

Soya, spinach, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, shellfish, milk, red meat, dairy are rich sources. You can get zinc supplements in the form of zinc citrate, gluconate, picolinate, acetate, or monomethionine in drugstores and health stores.

is the chromium picolinate in fat burners same as the picolinate you mentioned?

All the zinc supplements mentioned above are prefixed by zinc-. It's the zinc that's the active ingredient. It's not a fat burner.

i see. thanks a lot doc Ira!

mas effective daw *** doxycycline..

Originally posted by moonshine
    pareho ba ang doxycyline sa tetracycline? ano ang kaibahan nila?

Who exactly is "daw"? Because whoever he or she is, what he's saying isn't true.

elite songs i love
    gamot din yan sa gono, but some mutated strain can resist doxy.