PEx Highlights

Show Me Your One Big Teeths!

Virgie is absent but Merly has a special guest in this week's episode! Find out who it is in this week's Cheerdance edition of Show Me Your Teeths!

read more

Ben Affleck's toughest challenge in "Gone Girl"

From the bestsellers' shelves, "Gone Girl" reveals the real Mr. and Mrs. Dunne as they go through the motion of making their marriage work.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner is a gripping and intense post-apocalyptic rollercoaster.

read more

PROMO: Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

Get a chance to win advance screening tickets to The Maze Runner!

read more

PHOTOS: NU Retains Cheerdance Championship

Got the Cheerdance Competition hangover? Relive the highlights from our photo gallery here!

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Stuns FEU with Comeback Win

The Ateneo Blue Eagles overcame a 19-point deficit in the fourth quarter against the FEU Tamaraws, securing a 68-64 victory and the top seed in the Final Four.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

myDSL PLDT - another disaster coming w Outlook Web Access

for the subscribers - got email that they will switch the free email addy from +++@info.com.ph to +++@pldtdsl.net.

Oh no!!! THIS IS ANOTHER DISASTER THAT WILL SURELY HAPPEN WHEN THEY DO THAT!!! there has NEVER been a change that myDSL has done where things went smoothly. as far as i can remember any "SERVICE IMPROVEMENT" they do at myDSL always results to (a) more downtime, more and new problems and (b) contrary to their promise - no service improvement occurs.

any of you techies know what Outlook Web Access is all about? they are moving to this as well.

i have already written customer care of mydsl, but i am not expecting an answer any time soon nor am i expecting any intelligent answer (thats based on previous numerous experiences!), so i have a few questions for you :

> does this mean i can no longer download my email to MS OUTLOOK in my own computer?
    > what are the risks? is it safe? cant some people hack into my mail?
    > is this a better system?
    > what are the watchouts?

myDSL PLDT - another disaster coming w Outlook Web Access

for the subscribers - got email that they will switch the free email addy from +++@info.com.ph to +++@pldtdsl.net.

Oh no!!! THIS IS ANOTHER DISASTER THAT WILL SURELY HAPPEN WHEN THEY DO THAT!!! there has NEVER been a change that myDSL has done where things went smoothly. as far as i can remember any "SERVICE IMPROVEMENT" they do at myDSL always results to (a) more downtime, more and new problems and (b) contrary to their promise - no service improvement occurs.

any of you techies know what Outlook Web Access is all about? they are moving to this as well.

i have already written customer care of mydsl, but i am not expecting an answer any time soon nor am i expecting any intelligent answer (thats based on previous numerous experiences!), so i have a few questions for you :

> does this mean i can no longer download my email to MS OUTLOOK in my own computer?
    > what are the risks? is it safe? cant some people hack into my mail?
    > is this a better system?
    > what are the watchouts?

what??? well thats another example of mydsl screw up - dont know why 6 were posted. the service was on a standstill for several minutes.

sorry boys and girls, did not mean to have so many posted.

Outlook Web Access is a facility that uses 'Outlook' Features on a Web Environment (medyo malalim ba...)

eto....Imagine Accessing your mails on Net Cafes and accessing not just your mails...but you can access other stuffs like Calendar (Schedules), Contacts....etc...

Outlook Web Access ala Hotmail

I got this mail too. should i switch to this other email addy? pls enlighten me :-)

Outlook Web Access (OWA) is an online email access running on an Outlook interface.

You can still download your emails but when you access your emails online, you will be accessing OWA as well.

I think they will just forward all your username@info.com.ph emails to username@pldtdls.net for a certain lenght of time, say 1 month. Hence, anyone sending you emails can still send to your infocom.com.ph account but it will be forwarded to your pldtdsl.net account. OWA is accessed via SSL so it is fairly secure. The WebMail address could be https://mail.pldtdsl.net (the https indicates that it is running on SSL encryption)

Whether it is a better system or not will highly depend on the previous webmail software they provide. (I'm not on PLDT DSL eh, PT&T ako).

What to watchout? When you access OWA, a window pops up asking for your username and password, then a checkbox to remember them. Don't ever check the checkbox when you're in a public temrinal like internet cafes.

sabi nila pde pa rin pop3... or stupid answer lang na naman... oo lang nang oo....

nothing said about pop3.

i replied to their email to ask questions same day i got the email. siyempre, no answers from them yet. and as i expected i would get better and earlier answers here.

nothing much to be expected from their tech help. actually.

from myDSL :

Dear PLDT MyDSL Subscriber,

CHECK OUT SOME FREE STUFF FOR YOU, OUR LOYAL DSL SUBSCRIBER:

Your email service is now about to become bigger and better…and it’s absolutely free!

To provide you first-class quality of service, PLDT MyDSL is now bundled with a richer and feature-filled email service called Outlook® Web Access (OWA)[*]. Powered by the latest Microsoft Exchange 2003 ® platform, it ensures a robust, highly advanced and secured email experience.

This new email service has the following exciting features:

New Email Address

We’ll upgrade your current email address to a new username@pldtdsl.net email address, which is exclusive to PLDT myDSL subscribers only. Experience all the new benefits of having a PLDT myDSL email service, so hurry and be among the privileged to take advantage of all the new exciting features it has to offer.

Anytime, Anywhere Access

Retrieve your email whenever, wherever you are! You can access your email from your home, an internet café or any computer with a Web browser and an Internet connection.

Plus, its got additional features that separate it from any other free webmail service:

· junk email filtering that specifies email addresses and domains you want or don’t want to receive messages from

· creating email rules to better manage your mailbox

· spell check

· customizable signatures and themes.

Bigger Storage Space and File Size Attachment

We’re giving you a hefty 10MB of email storage space. Now you can send and receive large size mails without worrying if your mailbox can handle the size.

Other web based email services only offer 2MB or 4MB free email storage space, anything bigger and they will charge you for it. With PLDT myDSL email service, we offer you 20MB of email storage space, absolutely free!

And not only that, we’re upsizing your allowable file size attachment to 2MB, so with your high-speed DSL connection, you can download your files in a flash!

Calendar Functionality

Manage your appointments efficiently by scheduling them on Outlook’s ® user-friendly calendar and get reminders on your appointments and meetings. Most other local ISP email services do not include this feature, but PLDT myDSL is now offering this to you.

Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam Protection

We’ll keep your email safe and secure by detecting and removing viruses from email and attachments, as well as block junk email, before it reaches your mailbox.

HOW TO AVAIL OF THESE FREE SERVICES:

To experience this feature-rich email experience, we shall transfer your current mailbox with existing username@info.com.ph email account to the new username@pldtdsl.net email address. In order for us to accomplish this, the subsequent steps need to take place:

1. Email transfer will be done in batches. If you are included in the batch scheduled to be transferred, an email advisory will be forwarded by customercare@pldtdsl.net

2. Email advisory will contain a new password and the duration of this password. This will enable you to still access your email during the transfer process. Your Infocom email address will continue to be available for 30 days after you receive the email advisory containing your new password for your new email address username@pldtdsl.net . After which, only your PLDT DSL email address will be available.

3. Though PLDT would like to save all your email information, we can only guarantee the contents of your email Inbox to be transferred to the new platform. It is advised that you backup all email related information such as emails contained in the Sub-Folders, Address Book and Sent Items.

4. To ensure that you will still receive all incoming emails, PLDT will be providing an email auto-forwarding service wherein all your emails directed to @info.com.ph address will be forwarded to your new @pldtdsl.net address for a duration of 3 months.

5. For your convenience, you will still have access to your old email interface (http://webmail.epldt.net) for the next 30 days after your account has been transferred to the Outlook Web Access.

6. Once your email account is successfully transferred, you can now enjoy a new email experience by accessing it via http://www.pldtdsl.net and clicking the Check Email icon and login using your approved username and @pldtdsl.net domain (username@pldtdsl.net).

For more information on the new features of Outlook Web Access, you can go to the Customer Support portion of the http://www.pldtdsl.net site.

If you have further inquiries regarding the above procedure, you can call 859-8000 and PLDT Customer Support Representatives will be glad to assist you.

You can also email us at customercare@pldtdsl.net .

dont know about the other subs, but i am completely happy with the present arrangement. dont see how the new one will be better for the customers. we can get our email from any computer too from webnail. so whats the big deal?

20 megs!!!!!!

u can have pop also for this setup

is everybody going to transfer to this? just wondering what to do and what all the fuss is about.

nakapag setup na ako ng email server using Exchange. isang feature doon ay POP3, dapat bigay nila sa inyo iyon. pwede din nilang patayin iyon. request nyo na lang.

ang tagal nga ako ilipat dun eh!!!! i want to change my email na!

Originally posted by car728
    is everybody going to transfer to this? just wondering what to do and what all the fuss is about.
    no choice here. its what mydsl wants. everyone will transfer.

Originally posted by abcxyz
    from myDSL :

Dear PLDT MyDSL Subscriber,

For more information on the new features of Outlook Web Access, you can go to the Customer Support portion of the http://www.pldtdsl.net site.

If you have further inquiries regarding the above procedure, you can call 859-8000 and PLDT Customer Support Representatives will be glad to assist you.

You can also email us at customercare@pldtdsl.net .
    here's an example of mydsl EFFICIENCY - maybe im getting blind, but i did go to their website at pldtdsl.net to look for more information on outlook web access - I CAN'T FIND IT ON THEIR WEBSITE!!! i did look very hard. so its not there!!!!

ill try calling them soon and lets see what kind of answers i will get.

its there... sa tabi ng availability check.... basahin mong mabuti sa mismong front...

Originally posted by audigy
    actually nasa www.pldtdsl.com sya not sa .net
    nasa www.pldtdsl.com, WALA SA www.pldtdsl.net??!!!! so i have made my point. kaya naman pala hindi ko makita doon! ang base ko eh iyong email na natanggap ko. point proven : pldtdsl sucks!

btw - have not recieved a reply email from them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast