PEx Highlights

REVIEW: Horrible Bosses 2

Horrible Bosses 2 carried its hilarity from the first movie and showed good comedic chemistry of its three lead actors.

read more

REVIEW: Penguins of Madagascar

Our adult/kiddie review is back! This time, Jollo and Aidan share their thoughts on the sly and slick Penguins of Madagascar.

read more

PROMO: Past Tense

Join the promo and get a chance to win block screening tickets to Past Tense!

read more

PHOTOS: Purefoods Survive Kia Scare

After trailing for most of the game, Purefoods mounted a big fourth quarter-comeback to defeat Manny Pacquiao's Kia Sorento, 88-77.

read more

Show Me Your EDM Teeths!

In this week's episode of SMYT, Chelsey and Merly poke fun at artistas who may have gone too far by releasing albums to boost their careers.

read more

PHOTOS: Paul Lee Saves the Day for RoS

Paul Lee nailed a crucial three-pointer plus two pressure packed free throws to lead his team to victory over the NLEX Road Warriors, 95-93.

read more

Arrow Vince Hizon to also join Valleydawgs in the USBL!

Yup, guys! We had an interview with him on "In The Zone" today (Monday, March 8), that he was also tapped by Valleydawgs team owner Sam Unera to join Bong Alvarez in three weeks. Vince gets the same stuff offered to Bong. This is pretty cool news!

di paning alti™
    wow! galeng! may balak ba silang gawing all-pinoy team yung valley dawgs?

i'm happy for vince.... however, can't they take in younger guys? guys with fresher legs and with more mileage left who can apply what they learned when they return...

good for him since wala na siya sa PBA right now

WTF?! ano gagawin nya dun papacute? hehe sa PBA nga di na sya masyado umubra sa US pa kaya? hmmm... this i got to see (ganun din kay alvarez...)

...peaceout!

Ok pa rin naman sila sa PBA, siguro teams just prefer to give the slots to younger (and cheaper) talents who have potential.

for example, at this point in their careers, mas magaling pa rin si Alvarez kesa kay Cyrus Baguio (or wesley gonzales) pero after 2 or 3 years, mas magaling na siguro si Cyrus.

kasi dito di uubra yung type of game ni vince at ni paul...
    madalas kasing set plays lang ang gamit ng mga coaches dito sa atin at di tulad sa US na kanya-kanyang tira...

panda is going to eat you color_s_Kaboink's Avatar
    nyek sana ibigay na lang nila slots sa mga younger players na may potentials

but i believe kaya pa ni alvarez yan dunno with hizon....when he left ginebra for the mba.....panget na career nya...di dapt siya umalis ng gins

Vince last played with Red Bull, wala naman nangyari sa kanya doon

malapit ng maging all-filipino yun pensylvannia valley dawgs hehe

Originally posted by jansport99
    WTF?! ano gagawin nya dun papacute? hehe sa PBA nga di na sya masyado umubra sa US pa kaya? hmmm... this i got to see (ganun din kay alvarez...)

...peaceout!
    not to disappoint you dude but if you have watched his career before he went to the MBA, he was an all-star. sayang nga lang at nawala laro niya when he transferred to the MBA. injuries din ang dahilan kaya bumagsak career niya..

Originally posted by color_s_Kaboink
    nyek sana ibigay na lang nila slots sa mga younger players na may potentials
    i believe kung mga batang may mga potentials ang mabibigyan ng chance, siguradong pagaagawan na yan dito sa PBA or maybe even the PBL. for me, those who still can play na wala na sa PBA are most welcome to that kind of opportunity.. remember yan lang ang ikinabubuhay nila.. if not for these fil-shams, maybe they are still playing in our league..

Who knows?! Maybe they will pave the way for younger crop of players to join the USBL.

Baka sumunod na rin sina Meneses, Asaytono or even si Limpot at iba pang mga "has beens" na mag-try out para kay Sam Unera next year?

that's great news for Vince and the rest of Philippine Basketball...

last i heard, Vince was supposed to play in the Ateneo Basketball League together with other fellow Eagles Ticzon, Eric Reyes, Jun and Billy Reyes, Chito Loyzaga, and Jojo Lastimosa.

but i never saw him suit up in the ABL.

is the usbl same as what pbl is in the phils? nbdl is the official farm league of nba right? so what is the difference between usbl,nbdl and cba? does cba still exists?

16. Advertisement

Vince Hizon was a member of the Mythical Five when he left the PBA. I think he was named Most Improved Player of the Year as well during that very same season. That was 1997, the year of Ginebra's resurgence (following Marlou Aquino's entry to the league that left almost everyone thinking that he was to be the best center ever). He was averaging 15.0 ppg during those days.

Hizon's move to the MBA was the worst career move of all time as far Philippine Basketball is concerned. It destroyed his career and it somehow weakened the Ginebra fanbase a bit.

Originally posted by faaip_de_oiad
    Vince Hizon was a member of the Mythical Five when he left the PBA. I think he was named Most Improved Player of the Year as well during that very same season. That was 1997, the year of Ginebra's resurgence (following Marlou Aquino's entry to the league that left almost everyone thinking that he was to be the best center ever). He was averaging 15.0 ppg during those days.

Hizon's move to the MBA was the worst career move of all time as far Philippine Basketball is concerned. It destroyed his career and it somehow weakened the Ginebra fanbase a bit.
    very true!!! in fact he even scored 40+ points in the last game of 1996 season when they didn't have an import. i just hope he could find his old form when he plays in the USBL..

Thumbs up

Good luck to Vince Hizon and do the Philippines proud!
    Originally posted by d_archer
    is the usbl same as what pbl is in the phils? nbdl is the official farm league of nba right? so what is the difference between usbl,nbdl and cba? does cba still exists?
    You can check out their official website at http://www.usbl.com for more information.

Some quick info, the USBL is played in the summer months during the NBA's offseason, unlike the other mentioned leagues. The NBDL has the advantage of being the officially recognized developmental league of the NBA. The NBDL itself was organized by the NBA some years back. The CBA is the oldest among the three mentioned minor leagues and is still running to this very day. Generally, the talent level of all three leagues basically does not differ that much from each other so all are just as competitive. It so happens that some teams and players get more publicity and media mileage.

the coolangot
    mas marami pa yatang Filipino sa lineup ang Valleydawgs kesa sa ibang PBA teams. hehehehe.

No Custom User Title
    masisira lang pangalan ng mga pinoy sa mga kinuha nilang players. why not take ASI, menk, cortez, cablay,, etc??? cgurado dun, maiimpress **** mga kano sa mga pinoy. eh kung magpapadala tayo nga mga pabababa ng players dun, lalo lang tayong magmumukhang ewan.

peace.