PEx Highlights

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PROMO: The Book of Life

Join the promo and get a chance to win exclusive The Book of Life merchandise!

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter

Be in the know! Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter for community, movies, sports and promo updates.

read more

Top Female Celebrities

2 more weeks and she will officially be the IT GIRL of the month. Can her fans keep it up? Jane Oineza is still PEx's Top Female Celeb!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

Sun, Oct 19

FINAL

KIA80

Tue, Oct 21

FINAL

NLEX101

Wed, Oct 22

FINAL

Fri, Oct 24

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumNLEXTALK N TEXT
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumBLACKWATERRAIN OR SHINE

Sat, Oct 25

05:00 PMLucena CityGINEBRAKIA

Sun, Oct 26

03:00 PMAraneta ColiseumBARAKOGLOBALPORT
05:15 PMAraneta ColiseumSMBPUREFOODS

Tue, Oct 28

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumMERALCOBLACKWATER
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumTALK N TEXTALASKA

Wed, Oct 29

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumKIARAIN OR SHINE
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumNLEXGINEBRA

Fri, Oct 31

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumALASKAMERALCO
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumGLOBALPORTPUREFOODS

Sun, Nov 2

03:00 PMAraneta ColiseumBARAKOSMB
05:15 PMAraneta ColiseumRAIN OR SHINETALK N TEXT

Tue, Nov 4

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumKIAGLOBALPORT
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumGINEBRABLACKWATER

Wed, Nov 5

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumMERALCONLEX
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumSMBALASKA

Fri, Nov 7

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumRAIN OR SHINEBARAKO
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumTALK N TEXTKIA

Sun, Nov 9

03:00 PMAraneta ColiseumBLACKWATERGLOBALPORT
05:15 PMAraneta ColiseumPUREFOODSGINEBRA

Tue, Nov 11

04:15 PMCuneta AstrodomeKIAALASKA
07:00 PMCuneta AstrodomeMERALCOTALK N TEXT

Wed, Nov 12

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumGLOBALPORTRAIN OR SHINE
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumGINEBRABARAKO

Fri, Nov 14

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumALASKABLACKWATER
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumNLEXPUREFOODS

Sat, Nov 15

05:00 PMDavao CityRAIN OR SHINEMERALCO

Sun, Nov 16

03:00 PMAraneta ColiseumBARAKOKIA
05:15 PMAraneta ColiseumSMBGINEBRA

Tue, Nov 18

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumBLACKWATERPUREFOODS
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumTALK N TEXTGLOBALPORT

Wed, Nov 19

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumBARAKOALASKA
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumKIASMB

Fri, Nov 21

04:15 PMYnares Center, AntipoloNLEXBLACKWATER
07:00 PMYnares Center, AntipoloGINEBRAMERALCO

Sat, Nov 22

05:00 PMCagayan de Oro CityALASKAGLOBALPORT

Sun, Nov 23

03:00 PMBinan, LagunaTALK N TEXTBARAKO
05:15 PMBinan, LagunaMERALCOPUREFOODS

Tue, Nov 25

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumGLOBALPORTSMB
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumRAIN OR SHINENLEX

Wed, Nov 26

04:15 PMYnares Center, AntipoloBARAKOBLACKWATER
07:00 PMYnares Center, AntipoloPUREFOODSKIA

Fri, Nov 28

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumNLEXALASKA
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumSMBMERALCO

Sun, Nov 30

03:00 PMAraneta ColiseumGINEBRABARAKO
05:15 PMAraneta ColiseumPUREFOODSRAIN OR SHINE

Tue, Dec 2

04:15 PMMoA ArenaBARAKONLEX
07:00 PMMoA ArenaALASKAGINEBRA

Wed, Dec 3

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumMERALCOKIA
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumTALK N TEXTPUREFOODS

Fri, Dec 5

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumRAIN OR SHINEALASKA
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumSMBTALK N TEXT

Sat, Dec 6

05:00 PMDipolog CityPUREFOODSBARAKO

Sun, Dec 7

03:00 PMAraneta ColiseumKIANLEX
05:15 PMAraneta ColiseumGINEBRARAIN OR SHINE

Tue, Dec 9

04:15 PMCuneta AstrodomeBLACKWATERSMB
07:00 PMCuneta AstrodomeGLOBALPORTMERALCO
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow Exact and True Height of PBA Players

During the PBA Rookie Draft, it was stated that all the rookie applicants were measured in terms in weight and definitely, height. It turns out that the true and exact height of these players were less than what was advertised in newspapers. The addition of couple of inches would definitely boost the stock of players, but it would be really helpful if their true height were known so it would not fool others.

I really feel that this was a good move by the PBA. During draft day, when their names were called, it was shown on the graphics of the tv coverage their true measured heights. I wasn't able to finish watching the draft, so I don't know the true height of the other rookies. Anyone got a list?

Some examples:

Rich Alvarez only measures 6' 2 1/2" but always listed as 6' 4".
    Yap only measures 6' 1 1/2" but listed as 6' 2" or 6' 3".
    Ervin Sotto only measures 6' 5" but listed as 6' 7" (this is really something).

Banned by Admin
    Ateneo has been known to radically pad its players' heights.

Villanueva 6'3
    Alvarez 6'2
    Gonzales 6'2

It's just really like that.

Thumbs up Re: Exact and True Height of PBA Players

Reporting the players' certified true height, weight and wingspan is a positive step for the PBA. This act of honesty could be one of the keys in attracting back the fans.

It started with this year's rookies and they been doing this for the longest time with the imports. I hope they come out with a similar standard measurement for the veterans. Then we will know the truth and nothing but the truth. But can they can handle the truth?

agent 42 code 17-7
    diba sa NBA ganun din? and they reason out that these heights include the shoes..

buying Magic cards PM me

Re: Exact and True Height of PBA Players

Originally posted by grimlock
    During the PBA Rookie Draft, it was stated that all the rookie applicants were measured in terms in weight and definitely, height. It turns out that the true and exact height of these players were less than what was advertised in newspapers. The addition of couple of inches would definitely boost the stock of players, but it would be really helpful if their true height were known so it would not fool others.

I really feel that this was a good move by the PBA. During draft day, when their names were called, it was shown on the graphics of the tv coverage their true measured heights. I wasn't able to finish watching the draft, so I don't know the true height of the other rookies. Anyone got a list?

Some examples:

Rich Alvarez only measures 6' 2 1/2" but always listed as 6' 4".
    Yap only measures 6' 1 1/2" but listed as 6' 2" or 6' 3".
    Ervin Sotto only measures 6' 5" but listed as 6' 7" (this is really something).

however much they were advertised, they all fall short by an inch and a half.

what? the whole media world made a conspiracy to pad it up by an inch and a half universally?

go figure.

Banned by Admin
    the PBA measurement is the scientific way

most pad by 2 inches
    to boost their stock
    to intimidate opposing players

Rico Villanueva I think is a legit 6-5 maybe even 6-6. Yung height ni Asi talagang overstated sa 6-10 it's most probably 6-8. Kung 6-2 1/2 lang si Rich Alvarez lalong mahihirapan yan as a power forward. I just don't see in him the athleticism that Hatfield and Carey have. Even Hatfield struggled big time in his 1st year with Tanduay (as a SF!) against bigger opposition like D Seigle.

Well, I might be playing the spoiler here for Rich's fans, but I honestly wish his career well, and this is just my two cents' worth.
    Anyway it would really be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Banned by Admin
    Kartog: I believe you are actually one of many who doubt whether Alvarez will thrive in the PBA.

buying Magic cards PM me
    Originally posted by KARTOG
    I just don't see in him the athleticism that Hatfield and Carey have.
    hatfield ok. carey?

the pba should remeasure all veterans under the height measurement system they used on the rookies to put everyone on equal footing. whether the new system is the standard or not provided it is applied consistently thoughout the league ok lang siguro. it would be unfair to the incoming rookies and to the future rookies. this is important coz their heights will be compared with veteran players with overstated ages and dun pa lang dehado na kaagad sila against the veterans who would look better on paper.

Originally posted by ateneo10
    hatfield ok. carey?
    Carey's hops definitely stands out for a 6'2" guy playing PF.

buying Magic cards PM me
    Carey's hops definitely stands out for a 6'2" guy playing PF.
    you know...

with asi taulava getting my man all the time...

i could play in the pba and post carey's numbers...

i mean, he's open all the time...

you know...

with asi taulava getting my man all the time...

i could play in the pba and post carey's numbers...

i mean, he's open all the time...
    I don't know how an assertion on Carey's hops has turned into a discussion on how he benefits from Asi's presence. Anyway, head-to-head I'd still give Carey the edge over top pick Alvarez.

It would really be nice to see how Alvarez fares in the pro league huh? Will he be a boy among men, or will he prove his nonbelievers wrong? I for one highly doubt the latter.

buying Magic cards PM me
    I don't know how an assertion on Carey's hops has turned into a discussion on how he benefits from Asi's presence. Anyway, head-to-head I'd still give Carey the edge over top pick Alvarez.

It would really be nice to see how Alvarez fares in the pro league huh? Will he be a boy among men, or will he prove his nonbelievers wrong? I for one highly doubt the latter.
    asi's that good. its like how luc longley was with his airness... or bill wennington or scott williams or whoever...

on how alvarez will fare: he will need all the help in the world to make shell win. he has tony dela cruz and billy mamaril. that's a start...

Well, nobody claimed Longley or Wennington or whoever else you want to fill in here can jump out of the gym.

The point was, a comparison was being made between the athletic abilities of Hatfield and Carey vis-a-vis top pick Alvarez, not how their numbers were affected by the presence of dominant teammates.

16. Advertisement

buying Magic cards PM me
    Well, nobody claimed Longley or Wennington or whoever else you want to fill in here can jump out of the gym.

The point was, a comparison was being made between the athletic abilities of Hatfield and Carey vis-a-vis top pick Alvarez, not how their numbers were affected by the presence of dominant teammates.
    1. but i and my kid brother knows who longley and wennington are. given he didn't watch them almost at all, i'd say they're both pretty famous for ballers who can not "jump out of the gym"...

2. athleticism is only as good as you use it. and as you can use it by yourself. who was the topper in athletics in the nba predraft camp?

i dunno.

which is my point.

it sure wasn't darko, lebron or carmelo.

now, why do we know who carey is? coz he rode asi from day one until the day he ges traded or asi retires, whichever comes 1st...

out of topic pero nabasa ko to kanina sa philstar.com:

January 28, 2004
    Sporting Chance
    By Quinito Henson
    The Philippines–powered by PBA stars–nearly made it to the Asian Games finals in Busan two years ago but a fluke three-pointer at the buzzer robbed the national team of a guaranteed silver. Despite the loss, it was evident that the Philippines was back as a strong Asian contender.

- Bakit ba di matanggap ni QUINITO HENSON na natalo tayo fair and square sa Busan? Ang kapal naman ng mukha niya para sabihing FLUKE three pointer ang tumalo sa atin. Sana graceful in defeat na lang tapos do better next time.

Peace!

1. but i and my kid brother knows who longley and wennington are. given he didn't watch them almost at all, i'd say they're both pretty famous for ballers who can not "jump out of the gym"...

2. athleticism is only as good as you use it. and as you can use it by yourself. who was the topper in athletics in the nba predraft camp?

i dunno.

which is my point.

it sure wasn't darko, lebron or carmelo.

now, why do we know who carey is? coz he rode asi from day one until the day he ges traded or asi retires, whichever comes 1st...
    So? Are we discussing whether or not Carey benefits from Asi's game? Or his athleticism vis-a-vis Alvarez?

1 Your point is?

2 Ahh. So that's 'your point' huh? But where does it fit in comparing Carey's athleticism with that of Alvarez? Isn't this discussion of ours started by my assertion that Hatfield and Carey have the athleticism that Alvarez doesn't equal? Or is this an attempt to downplay athleticism now? It wouldn't even be a good argument against Carey's game. Heck, I'm not even as much a fan of Harvey Carey as you obviously are of Richard Alvarez, so why am I replying to your off-the-mark ripostes?

My assertion is this: Hatfield and Carey have the athleticism that Alvarez does not. Now I think we should just let the games begin and wait for them to go head-to-head and take it from there, lest this degenerate into a mindless and blinded deluge of inappropriate one-liners.

buying Magic cards PM me
    Originally posted by the_shot
    out of topic pero nabasa ko to kanina sa philstar.com:

January 28, 2004
    Sporting Chance
    By Quinito Henson
    The Philippines–powered by PBA stars–nearly made it to the Asian Games finals in Busan two years ago but a fluke three-pointer at the buzzer robbed the national team of a guaranteed silver. Despite the loss, it was evident that the Philippines was back as a strong Asian contender.

- Bakit ba di matanggap ni QUINITO HENSON na natalo tayo fair and square sa Busan? Ang kapal naman ng mukha niya para sabihing FLUKE three pointer ang tumalo sa atin. Sana graceful in defeat na lang tapos do better next time.

Peace!
    well, hindi naman niya bini-blame on anyone in particular na ni-lugi tayo by a call.

baka naman he meant na we were robbed by fortune or chance.

buying Magic cards PM me
    So? Are we discussing whether or not Carey benefits from Asi's game? Or his athleticism vis-a-vis Alvarez?

1 Your point is?

2 Ahh. So that's 'your point' huh? But where does it fit in comparing Carey's athleticism with that of Alvarez? Isn't this discussion of ours started by my assertion that Hatfield and Carey have the athleticism that Alvarez doesn't equal? Or is this an attempt to downplay athleticism now? It wouldn't even be a good argument against Carey's game. Heck, I'm not even as much a fan of Harvey Carey as you obviously are of Richard Alvarez, so why am I replying to your off-the-mark ripostes?

My assertion is this: Hatfield and Carey have the athleticism that Alvarez does not. Now I think we should just let the games begin and wait for them to go head-to-head and take it from there, lest this degenerate into a mindless and blinded deluge of inappropriate one-liners.
    i just have to quote you again:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kung 6-2 1/2 lang si Rich Alvarez lalong mahihirapan yan as a power forward. I just don't see in him the athleticism that Hatfield and Carey have.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yung 1st line ang nireactan ko more so than the second part, which is athleticism.

hindi lang kasi athleticism ang basis ng success sa pros. may hard work and utak factor pa rin. as well as luck, which carey looks to abound of.

1. my point is that they are just as "successful" as carey despite their athleticsim, hence, going back to what i reacted on, it means that athleticism is not the only way to make it big.

2. your assertion does not take into account that alvarez can outrebound almost anyone in the amateurs despite a triple team, while carey makes his baords because no one boxes him out, heightening the appeal of his athleticism.

if you want to see it in-game, ok lang.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast