PEx Highlights

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

PHOTOS: FEU Takes Care of UP in 3 Sets

The FEU Lady Tamaraws easily dispatched the UP Lady Maroons in a three-set victory, 25-14, 26-24, 25-20

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

PHOTOS: Lady Spikers Win in Opening Tiff

The DLSU Lady Spikers opened their campaign with an impressive four-set win over the Adamson Lady Falcons, 25-23, 24-26, 25-14, 25-17.

read more

PROMO: Past Tense

Join the promo and get a chance to win block screening tickets to Past Tense!

read more

Page 1 of 400 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Question P&G IT --> Now HP --> Now Hiring?!

Maybe some of you P&G / HP guys can help me here... I basically have 3 questions:

1. Is there truth to the news that HP is aggressively hiring to fill "many" IT slots by December?

2. Is the qualifying exam different from P&G's pre-employment test?

3. What does one have to go through to get hired?

Appreciate any help you can accord me...

1. yes
    2. as far as i know, there is no qualifying exam, just paper screening and interviews
    3. see #2 visit www.jobs.hp.com and apply online

hi tina.. i assume your working in P&G/HP, right?.

Kamusta yung transition sa HP... same pa rin ba yung mga packages and benefits?

warning #2 from Ada
    are you accepting qualified undergrads?

meaning they have excellent IT and English communication skills

stupidmanileno: the compensation packages of the two companies are different, but (in my opinion) comparable. as far as the transition goes, i don't feel it much because i still work with the same managers and teammates. HP Philippines consisted of mostly sales people before (that's why they didn't hire that many IT people) but now they've absorbed 200 ex-P&G IT employees into their Managed Services department, which used to consist of only 2 people. so we're moving into their building next month but we're bringing the dynamic culture of P&G IT with us

FrutosGarvansos: i really don't know. HR might consider it if the undergrad has had relevant work experience, but since there are a lot of qualified graduates applying, an undergrad who has had no experience to speak of might get rejected in the initial paper screening pa lang. in any case, try to visit www.jobs.hp.com ... there's no harm in applying

Kelangan ba nila ng COmp Sci Grads there..

if i want to apply.. pwede ba me mag apply personally sa kanila??

Normally, ano ba ginagawa ng mga IT peeps sa P&G? Maintenance ng mga hardware and software systems? Do they develop their own software systems in house?

Hey hey hey.

I was surprised to see this thread..

The thing is, HP is not really that aggressive in hiring people since they do not have endorsements in Sunday Newspapers and in Job portals like jobstreet and jobsdb. They only get people by referral from HP employees themselves and campus job fairs. I don’t really know why but I think the reason for their being ‘conservative’ in hiring is because they do not want to get flooded by resumes and thousands of people applying to them via email clogging their systems. But hey, I have been seeing lots of people being interviewed everyday. And they don't have any qualification exams anymore, just pure interviews (I know a friend who have had 5 interviews -and still counting, without landing a job offer just yet). I don’t know how many interviews an applicant must undergo but I one thing I am sure of is that they would be needing a lot of people.

Lans_ph, you can drop by on the 18th floor of the 6750 building to apply for HP (just ask the receptionist) or on the 20th floor (and ask for Miss David). You will be needing to fill up 2 application forms and your resume to go with it. Not really particular about the course, as long as you are in IT.

Pauster007- Development of Software Systems (in HP) is based in India, what we do here in Manila is Business Information Systems Support (among many others which also include Project Management, SAP, Central Information Technology Support and Accounting and Finance Reporting).

And, in my own opinion, the compensation package in HP is better than P&G’s.

I underwent two interviews with them already. But the last interview was about a month ago.

I called HR for to update almost two weeks ago but she said that my papers were still being evaluated if I'll be needing another interview or not. I don't know if I should still hope for it or not. *sigh*

7 Zeit F1 Weltmeister
    Hello

OliverWood21 marami na bang nagaapply sa HP? What platform are you currently on? Just curious, ano yung background ng friend mo (i.e. IT, business, etc)?

badoochi good luck sa yo IT background ka rin ba?

Hi Tifosi..

Di naman sobrang dami, pero they do need a lot of people come January 2004. Platforms? Hmm.. Depends, but they don't need technical expertise once you get hired since they provide top of the line trainings to new employees. SO its like starting from scartch. My friend is in the Engineering field, it just so happened that he finished an IT course. I think they are looking for leadership and Management skills and not so much on the techy side.

Good Luck!

tumatanggap pa ba sila ng applicants?

natanggap ba HP ng OJTs?

Curious lang... I badly needed one eh

Bakit sabi ng iba mas maganda daw compensation package ng P&G kesa sa HP? Dehado daw ang mga lumipat... totoo ba?

Hey I'm a chemical eng'g grad and I just wanna ask kung ok lang ba mag-apply sa kanila?

Originally posted by badoochi
    I underwent two interviews with them already. But the last interview was about a month ago.

I called HR for to update almost two weeks ago but she said that my papers were still being evaluated if I'll be needing another interview or not. I don't know if I should still hope for it or not. *sigh*

I think at HP they don't process your papers immediately. I also heard the same sentiments from my friend. She took the exams last September and tomorrow will only be her first interview with them.

SUTIL- Yep, HP is still accepting applicants, they are still mass hiring until the end of the year.

im_ur_angel- Not sure if HP is accepting OJT's but P&G is.

Scorched_Earth- Well, it is objective. But again, in my point of view HP offers better compensation (basepay) but P&G offers better Benefits.

berhnyfly- Yep, HP is not particular about your course. As long as your inclination is in IT.

OliverWood21 Can you tell us the job openings in HP? And if possible, the qualifications for each respective job.

Thanks!

MAXICARE APPLYT 09178046275 mark_mark's Avatar
    Wow, i can't believe this thread is here.

I have a friend who works there. I visit him like 1-2 times a week in his office. He laments a lot when we talk. The people are ok but the job is very stressful. he works round the clock. At one time, we were on gimik on a saturday night and he had a latop w/ him. At 3 am, somebody called him to fix an issue and so we had to scramble to my friend's place in Malate coz he needed to get online.

I call him at his office and he has no time to answer calls. I would always have to leave a message in his voicemail.

My friend says, he is exhausted. If hwe would need help on something, it's hard to ask help from someone coz they also are tired and loaded.

7 Zeit F1 Weltmeister
    This scenario sounds familiar...

Page 1 of 400 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast