PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Ferrer Leads UST Past FEU

Kevin Ferrer nailed crucial triples in the game's final minutes to help the UST Growling Tigers escape the FEU Tamaraws 69-67.

read more

PHOTOS: Cagayan Outlasts NU

The Cagayan Valley Rising Suns climbed up the Shakey's V-League ladder after a tough 26-24, 25-23, 27-25 win over the NU Lady Bulldogs.

read more

PHOTOS: ADMU Edges DLSU

Kiefer Ravena played like a man possessed in the 4th quarter to lead the ADMU Blue Eagles past the DLSU Green Archers 97-86.

read more

What's Wrong With the Green Archers?

After being penned the favorites of UAAP Season 77, the DLSU Green Archers are off to a slow opening in the season, now at 0-2.

read more

PROMO: Guardians of the Galaxy

Get a chance to movie passes to the special PinoyExchange 15th Anniversary Block Screening of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!

read more

Top Celebrity Loveteams!

Check out which loveteams dropped and which ones came out on top this week!

read more

Page 1 of 251 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Profs to pick and to avoid

since a lot of us lasallians are to be picking some of our profs for next term (or maybe some other terms)... let's be honest... we wouldnt want to end up under profs whos ultimate goal is to fail their students laboriously....

last term was one of my luckiest term in DLSU coz all of my profs were unbelievably considerate and really really good! in effect... i got into the DL...

this term... because of my unfamiliarity with my profs... i am in dire peril and ultimate suffering!!!

well anyway... i thought maybe... just maybe... we could help each other out by posting the profs that we should pick and we should avoid!!!

here's my share....

to pick...
    Ms. Elenita Garcia - Phiosophy... just study and itll be an easy 4!
    Ms. Nikki Briones - Instud - Great great teacher... good finals - easy to perfect!
    Mr. Roy Briones - English - Easy to deal with... and very nice...
    Mr. Evert Gementiza - Rels - easy 4... just attend his class and study a bit.
    Mr. Pangilinan - Chemistry - super easy quizzes... super easy exemption... and super easy 4!

to avoid! (no offense to these profs)...
    Ms. Sangil - for *** - artapre - pls be aware that ARTAPRE is supposed to be a super easy course coz it's pure art appreciation.. NOT with her...
    Mr. Mactal - philhis- no way! this guy has super hard quizzes and super hard grading system! and tons of projects too...
    Mr. Lualhati - philosphy - super hard quiz! the highest score ever gotten from his 1st quiz is 82%! and that student is now in stanford university!

thats it for now...

i roared and i rampaged
    eh sa philhis *** ang ok na prof??

I think Ms. Sangil is one of the best.....

i have to agree with Mr. Lualhati.... sobrang hirap ng mga exams niya!!!!

Boo Yah!

Re: Profs to pick and to avoid

Originally posted by meyrs17
    Mr. Lualhati - philosphy - super hard quiz! the highest score ever gotten from his 1st quiz is 82%! and that student is now in stanford university!
    Are you serious about this? I got 3.0 in my final grade under him and I'm still a BUM! He's a good teacher...or maybe philosophy is just my forte. Just pay attention to his lectures...he simplifies the boring and undecipherable articles.

I also recommend the following profs:

1) Victor Gojocco (philosophy) - he has a record of failing half of the class he teaches...not that he wanted them to fail though. But he is so enigmatic that you just have to HAVE HIM as a prof! You can have excess absences all you want, just make sure though that you're there to take his exams. And yes, he does give a 3.0.

2) Louie Montemar (political science) - if you want a funny teacher who doesn't ask too much from you and yaks about things in life more than the lectures that you are supposed to be discussing...then he is the one for you. Most of your grades would play around 3.0 up to 4.0. (personally though, i wouldn't want him...can't say I learned a lot from him)

3) Galo Estonilo (rels) - moderate work...exams aren't that hard...not that easy as well. Tama lang.

Profs to avoid:

1) Atutubo (history) - please read my post on "rels and jprizal profs..."

Ayan na muna...tatandaan ko pa kung sino mga previous profs ko.

pick - angeline lao - anmath1

-----

eating ice for lunch
    Ms. Sangil is one of the best professors! When she was my professor, more than 3/4 of the class were given an automatic 3.0 and above even before the final exams, which we had the option to take or not to take.

Pick:

Mrs. Badillo- Comcalc
    Mrs. vasquez-Comsta1
    Mrs. Umali-Quatech

haha, mactal ako ngayon, mukhang tagilid nga, hehe...

to pick:

Mr. Ed Gan - INTSTUD
    Ms. Laureen Velasco - PHILHIS
    Ms. Monica Santos - ANTHROP

pick:
    theoper - sir bob mendoza
    relstwo - ms velasco

hehe yun lang muna.. hehe

sino oksa mathan1? and other math subjs?

lousy: ms velasco? as in ms. laureen velasco?

Is Tablan good in PHILPER?

choose elenita garcia for philper!

Mr. Mactal - philhis- no way! this guy has super hard quizzes and super hard grading system! and tons of projects too...
    Ang cool kaya ni Sir Mactal! Ang daming kwento sa mga historical people sa PHILHIS! Hindi siya boring na prof saka you could get high grades in his exams basta't nakikinig ka lang. I got 4.0 sa kanya and it was fairly easy. 100/110 nga ako sa exam sa kanya eh.

Si Sir Lualhati naman super hirap ng quizzes saka ang daming requirements! Talagang nakakabaliw! Pero ok naman siya! He gave me 3.5 and I really felt na pinaghirapan ko ang bawat point na nakuha ko sa kanya.

To pick:
    Ms Joy Rosales -PolSci dept - super bait, super friendly and super approachable! all you have to do is read, recite, and be prepared for quizzes. a 4.0 is very easy to get basta't nakikita nyang nageexert ka ng effort
    Dr Paz Verdades Santos - Literature - super bait and super galing na prof! madali ring maka-4.0 sa kanya!
    Mr John Torralba - Filipino - super friendly saka very considerate! hindi boring ang filipi sa kanya saka para siyang kabarkada! ang galing ding magturo saka mataas magbigay ng grade!
    Dr Ferdinand Fajardo - artsche - magaling, mabait, mataas magbigay ng grade, at marami kang matututunan!
    Mr Ed Gan - intl studies - matrabaho sa kanya pero marami kang matututunan. sangkatutak na readings at mahirap ang papers. the best thing about him is that may mapapala ang mga pala-recite (40% ng grade) saka he would always challenge you to think critically.
    Ms Mildred Laurilla and Ms Loy Lising - English - parehong magaling, parehong cool, parehong super enjoy humawak ng class!
    Dr. Ronaldo Mactal - marami kang matututunan! hindi pa boring kasi may mga inside news tungkol sa mga historical people! super saya!
    Ms Jennifer Tan - English - nagkaroon ng British accent kasi umatend ng conference sa Britain; minsan nakakainis ang pagiging OC at super organized. Pero marami kang matututunan and she makes the lessons easy to understand.
    Ms. Karen Jorvina - clabart - mabait na mataas pang magbigay ng grade
    Dr Luisa Enriquez - inersci/inersla - sya lang nag talagang magaling at marunong magturo ng 2 subjects. wlang kwenta *** iba kaya no choice ka. marami ka ring matututunan. you should check out her very interesting stone/rock/mineral collection in inersla.

To pick/avoid - it depends on you
    Mr Victorino Raymundo Lualhati - super hirap pero marami kang matututunan
    Dr Bobby Raymundo - intreco - nakakabaliw! ang hirap ng test! sobra! pero super galing magturo! pag tinawag ka sa recitation, sunud-sunod ang tanong. medyo mababang magbigay ng grade pero sulit naman ang binayad mo!
    Ms Cynthia Lozania - English - old school prof. maraming inis sa kanya kasi parang lolang nanenermon. pero medyo ok naman...

To avoid
    Mr Angelo Lopez - artcomp - walang kwenta. saan ka nakakita ng prof na umaabsent pag lab period kasi ayaw niyang may nagtatanong sa kanya tungkol sa lab exercises? siya lang po ang katangi-tanging prof na ganon! hinayupak siya!
    Last edited by yo_mon; Dec 12, 2003 at 09:13 PM.

hehe, ganun *** un, kaya *** may british accent si ms. jennifer tan dahil nagattend ng conference sa britain? prof ko sya sa englart...ok naman sya

totoo, mahirap na kapag si sir lualhati teacher mo...*** mga test nya nakakaloka! i just hope i get a passing grade from him...

si sir montemar, yes, magaling naman syang teacher pero feel ko nanghuhula lang sya ng grade. ksi *** isa kong friend, matataas naman ang grade nya sa quiz ska finals pero 1.0 lang nakuha nya! tpos *** blockmate ko na hindi naman ganun kaganda ang results sa quiz, naka-3.5! tama ba yun?

basta avoid ms. samson sa relsone/relstwo...i tell you, sa kanyang class, its sleeping time...tapos ang hirap pa ng mga quiz nya...grabe..

Re: Re: Profs to pick and to avoid

Originally posted by yo_mon
    Dr Luisa Enriquez - inersci/inersla - sya lang nag talagang magaling at marunong magturo ng 2 subjects. wlang kwenta *** iba kaya no choice ka. marami ka ring matututunan. you should check out her very interesting stone/rock/mineral collection in inersla.
    off topic........alam niyo ba na hindi lang earch science and specialization ni dr. enriquez, isa rin siyang dakilang genetecist at molecular biologist?

mga prof ko na highly recommended:

bio subjects:
    ms. lim
    ms. flores
    dr. agoo
    dr. cabrera
    mr. lee
    dr. arboleda
    dr. licuanan

chem subjects:
    dr. ragasa
    the janairos

history/jp:
    dr. hila
    dr. bascarra

rels:
    mr. estonillo
    mr. vega

sa bio, choose Dr. Go. sobrang laugh trip!
    artapre, si Ms. Sangil. sobrang dami kang matututunan!
    poligov, si ms. hofer. fashionista, medyo maarte, pero matalino!

Millennium Man
    question from a bmg '01 grad: nagtuturo pa rin ba ang ff profs:

atty dimayuga (law subjects)
    ms mangonon (litera)
    ms gotauco (math)
    mr lucero (rels)
    dr palma (jprizal)

tska gulat ako bout dickson te n jo alvarez: teachers na *** ***?

Originally posted by TheRedGuy

mr lucero (rels)
    dr palma (jprizal)
    yep nagtuturo pa si mr ed lucero. ok naman siya kaya lang minsan parang over siya sa pagkaself-righteous kaya naiinis *** mga students nya.
    si dr palma naman retired na. prof ko siya nung last term nya sa dlsu (sy 2002-2003, 2nd term)... lagi nga niyang kinekwento *** sinampa niyang kaso sa kapatid ni mrs estolloso eh... hehehe.

i've got to admit that Mactal is a good professor. intellectual siya and di boring *** classes niya.... medyo bastus pa.... hehehehe... pero ok naman ang workload niya... kaya naman ng isang student...

also pick Mr. Fernando Santiago Jr. of the History Department. sobrang bait and napaka-intellectually stimulating ng class niya. plus, he's very much eloquent and midterms, finals, paper ang grading.

¤primum nil nocere¤

Philhis/Jprizal -> Mr. Macapinlac = pwede!
    Artapre ->Ms. Macatangay = sobrang bait! ok pa yung grade!
    Rels -> Mr. Dixon Te = sure pass na yan!
    Finama1/2 -> Mr. Pert Perez/ Ms. J. Perez (di ko lam yung tamang spelling eh) Mr. Ed Lim = panalo!
    Comlaw -> Atty. Jojo Mejia = ok na ok!
    Intphil -> well, for me Mr. Lualhati is ok. I got a 4.0 in his class.
    Crithin -> Mr. Emil Tabada = sure pass!
    Accounting1A/1B -> Ms. joy Rabo = bait talaga!

next time na yung iba...

Page 1 of 251 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast