PEx Highlights

The La Salle-Ateneo Rivalry

The greatest rivalry in Philippine sports provided another classic on Sunday to the delight of diehard basketball fans.

read more

PHOTOS: PLDT Clinches Final Four Berth

PLDT clinched a guaranteed Final Four slot by taking care of Cagayan in three hard-earned sets, 25-22, 25-21, 25-22.

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Wins in the Clutch Again

Kiefer Ravena made another clutch shot at the dying minutes of the game, cementing an Ateneo win over the UE Red Warriors, 78-73.

read more

UAAP Basketball 2nd Round Schedule

Planning to catch a game before the season ends? Check out the 2nd round schedule for UAAP basketball!

read more

Top Celebrity Loveteams!

No surprises! They still rule the loveteam forum, but there's no space for complacency, because another couple might just steal their slot.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: What If

What If could very well be the best romantic comedy of this generation.

read more

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Son of Miriam Santiago's Death a Suicide?

Santiago family reportedly refused to cooperate with authorities.
    Why? But who would commit a suicide by shooting oneself from behind the neck (nape)? That kind of mortal gunshot is more like an execution style killing.

No matter, my condolences to the bereaved family.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/images/news/newspics/11-21-2003/miriam.jpg

No clue on death of Miriamís son

By M. PUNONGBAYAN
    TODAY Correspondent

Quezon City policemen are having trouble investigating the mysterious death of former Senator Miriam Santiagoís 22-year-old son because the victimís family refused to cooperate with authorities.

Central Police District investigators still have no clue as to what really happened to Alexander Santiago, a student of Ateneo de Manila University.

Alexander was found dead inside his bedroom at the Santiago residence at Sikatuna Village, Quezon City, on Thursday night with a gunshot wound in the nape.

The bullet, which killed him, reportedly exited the victimís face, thereby giving no clue as to whether the victim was shot or have committed suicide.

The young Santiago was rushed to the East Avenue Medical Center around 7:50 p.m. but died on the way.

Chief Insp. Rudy Jaraza, CPD-Intelligence Unit chief, said members of Santiago family refused to talk to investigators.

He said the investigators went to the East Avenue Medical Center to get information on the death of the young Santiago but family members did not cooperate.

ďNapuyat nga kami doon kagabi sa kahihintay eh. Wala kami halos alam. Pati pangalan ng doctor na tumingin nakalagay Dr. X,Ē Jaraza told Today in an interview.

The CPD has not been able to make a spot report on the incident because investigators do not have details of what really happened.

Jaraza said the CPDís Criminal Investigation Unit is doing its best to dig deep into the incident.

ďNag-iimbistiga na rin tayo kahit parang ayaw nila makipagtulungan,Ē he said, urging the Santiago family to let the police probe the case.

Police do not even know what type of gun was used. What puzzles probers right now is the entrance and exit points of the bullet.

The victimís father, Jun Santiago, an assistant secretary of the interior department, also refused to talk with reporters, who tried to ask what really happened to his youngest son.

Several known personalities like Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council Secretary Michael Defensor dropped by the hospital on Thursday night but he also declined to be interviewed by reporters.

Jaraza said homicide probers will do everything to solve the mysterious death of the young Santiago.

He explained that the family or relatives of victims of any crime cannot stop the police from investigating because it is their job.
    Last edited by Crusher; Nov 22, 2003 at 11:29 PM.

Alexander was found dead inside his bedroom at the Santiago residence at Sikatuna Village, Quezon City, on Thursday night with a gunshot wound in the nape.

The bullet, which killed him, reportedly exited the victimís face,

Bullet's entry to the nape and exit to the face.

Suicide?

I read (somewhere, trying to recall) that the first attending doctor to Alexander's body had a determination that the gunshot wound is not a close-range gunshot wound.

Suicide?

Nakaka-intriga tuloy. Family member kaya ang nakabaril kaya info blackout? Sino kaya?

Originally posted by bondying
    [B]
    Nakaka-intriga tuloy. Family member kaya ang nakabaril kaya info blackout? Sino kaya?
    A crazed, deranged family member, maybe? Does craziness run in the blood of this family?

Napakasayang ng batang ito. Magaling daw ito. Marami nang intrigang lumabas. Isa yong nasa bahay naman lahat daw ang family noong nag suicide(?). Pero kung nag suicide, ba't sa likod.

One thing for sure, maraming baril si Mirriam plus yong sa asawa pa. Kung hindi family ang bumaril, siguro nagwawala na si Mirriam at malaking issue na naman ang mangyayari. Ayaw nilang magsalita. Lalabas kaya ang katotohanan.

i have read somewhere that he has a friendster account and that his photo there looks bothering. anyone wanna confirm this? i don't know how to arrive at his friendster account though.

Originally posted by Crusher
    A crazed, deranged family member, maybe? Does craziness run in the blood of this family?
    Sino kaya? Brenda?

.oOoOo.
    This is disturbing. Is it even possible to commit suicide by shooting yourself at the nape? Parang ang hirap yata gawin yun

Condolences to his family.

Another intriguing situation to look out for is how the police investigator will write his/her report?

Will the police investigator write a report declaring the death of Alexander as suicide?

How is the police investigator going to support/explain, if ever, a report of death by suicide?

9. Advertisement

.oOoOo.
    By the way, aajao , i got intrigued with what you said so I tried searching for an "Alex Santiago" in friendster, there were several results, but there was this one Alex Santiago, who's also 22 and lives in QC. I don't find the pics disturbing, but how he described himself was.

For example, for occupation, he said he's an "Attempted Law Student, Dead Man Walking"

and for Who He Wants to Meet : "Let's hope it's Saint Peter on the other side. "

Anyway, I'm not even sure if that's him.

Sapat na dahilan ba para barilin ng isang magulang. na may mataas na patakaran, ang satiling anak na hindi maka-abot sa patakarang 'yon?

Suicide or not, it is usually where parents are strict and have pejudices, where kids either rebel or end up an addict or get killed or commit suioide.
    A miltary father who is prejudiced against slackers. low achievers and homosexuals, wil never allow any of his sons to be one. It is usally heard from this father during mealtimes and other hours of the day the words: " I'd rather see my son dead then to see him act or be one of them disgusting excuse for a human being."

please repeat the question bleargh's Avatar
    it's sad though

Sugar Daddy
    Poor boy. Let's just pray for his soul.

Banned by Admin
    Let's hope that there will be no copycat suicides after this.

However, I firmly believe that the death is not a suicide. Parents of the departed usually vehemently deny any death of their child as a suicide. They usually say - he won't do that, he is not like that, he is a happy child all his life, etc. Denial of suyicide is the usual order, but in this case, that was the first statement to the authorities, that it is a suicide, what is going on?

And if a young man, who grew up surrounded with amenities most young men only dream of, and still will have to take his own life at a very young age of twenty-two, when a whole life envied by others is ahead of him, what is there for the less fortunate to look forward to?

I wonder what is the suicide rate is in the Philippines. There cannot be an exact figure, because the body of one who died of suicide cannot be given the Catholic rites nor buried in a Catholic cemetery, so most Cathoilic families declare cause of death as something else.

that news coverage by RPN was downright stupid. they dug into things they shouldn't have.

Banned by Admin
    like what?
    i have not seen the news.

Tindero sa 168
    crazy family member that always keep a handgun inside her purse? talking about whipping a child into shape.

aajao: saw that friendster account you were mentioning.

freaky indeed.

Must be the shame of having a freaky mother.

Cool

Originally posted by PRINCE_WILLIAM
    like what?
    i have not seen the news.
    first, they said he was despondent over passing constitution I at ateneo law. next, they said he felt bad about not being able to enter the law school of his choice: UP-Law. third, they said he was traumatized with the interview at UP-Law: how do you feel about having a mother who's mentally unstable? how does it feel to have a father who bets on cockfights? and so on.

well at least he passed the LAE.

gunshot wound at the nape? i hope someone can answer if it's possible to commit suicide like that.
    (sana CSI episode nlang ito at hindi totoong nangyari)

...ang alam ko lang, he failed one 4-unit subject, then found out he also failed a 3-unit subject. the rule at the law school is, if you flunk 5 units, you are out.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast