Sacramento Kings Thread: Unleash the Boogie | NBA | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 130 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last

Arrow Sacramento Kings Thread: Unleash the Boogie

ano masasabi nyo sa line up ng kings ***** 2003-2004 season??? malakas ba??? may chance bang umabot ng finals???

Mayron naman chances huwag lang bumalik yong mga injuries lalo na c webb. Sayang last year sana malaki ang chances kaso nagkaroon ng injury.... Tignan na lang natin with in dis season.

Sacramento 106, Cleveland 92
    Kings Cool Cavaliers, Spoil LeBron's Debut
    Box Score | Kings Home | Cavaliers Home

SACRAMENTO, Calif., Oct. 29 (Ticker) -- The only thing LeBron James didn't do was win.

In a smashing debut, James lived up to the hype with a spectacular 25 points and nine assists that were not enough to lift the Cleveland Cavaliers, who suffered a 106-92 loss to the Sacramento Kings.

The top overall pick in the draft who received $100 million in endorsements before ever taking the court, James was making the most scrutinized debut in NBA history. As an 18-year-old prodigy from Akron, Ohio, the fortunes of the woebegone Cavaliers - and, to a lesser degree, the NBA - are riding on his success.

James did not disappoint in any area. There was none of the hesitancy he comically displayed in his commercial for Nike shot right here in Arco Arena, which has a loud and rowdy environment that can rattle even a seasoned player.

The 6-8, 240-pound James made 12-of-20 shots, knocking down tough jumpers and sinking acrobatic layups. He threw alley-oop passes for dunks and showed poise well beyond his years. But most of all, he had the Cavaliers believing they could win.

When James found J.R. Bremer for a 3-pointer early in the fourth quarter, Cleveland had an 85-83 lead. But Bobby Jackson responded with two baskets before finding rookie Darius Songaila for a hoop that reclaimed the lead for good for the Kings.

ba't di naglalaro si webber??? injured pa rin ba???

The Godfather..
    Sacramento's lineup isn't designed to make it in the finals.
    Their bench isn't that strong anymore compared with the past years.

Sayang, favorite ko pa naman gamitin yung Kings dahil malakas yung lineup nila for the past 3 years sa NBA Live pero kaya pa rin manalo.

The Kings can still do it, its too early yet to speculate how far this team will go in the playoffs given the new powerful lineups in the west.

Heh the Kings got jinx with injuries for the past two years (Peja and C-Webb) they could have been assured with two NBA titles

mukhang addict si myst sa nba live ah
    injured pa rin ba si webber???

myst... baka mo naman nussai yan dahil hindi na siya NBA live friendly?

But it's quite dumb of them to release Turk...

nireleased din nila *** jimmy jackson na ok din dpat ang nireleased na lang nila si divac tanda na eh dpat makakuha sila ng center na kagaya ni shaq

..expialidocious!
    letting Hedo go is not a "dumb" thing to do.
    Accdng to Geoff P, he had not seen the same potential in Hedo as he did 3 or 4 years ago.

As far as Jimmy Jackson is concerned, they didn't want to let him go in the first place. They just couldn't afford him. Although he didn't really demand a lot of $$$, the Kings claimed, "they didn't want to insult Jim Jackson with that kind of salary, given his talents."

..expialidocious!
    Originally posted by Yohei_Mito
    injured pa rin ba si webber???
    He's getting ready. Probably by December he'll be playing na.

..expialidocious!
    Originally posted by Myst
    Sacramento's lineup isn't designed to make it in the finals.
    Their bench isn't that strong anymore compared with the past years.

Sayang, favorite ko pa naman gamitin yung Kings dahil malakas yung lineup nila for the past 3 years sa NBA Live pero kaya pa rin manalo.

The Kings can still do it, its too early yet to speculate how far this team will go in the playoffs given the new powerful lineups in the west.

Heh the Kings got jinx with injuries for the past two years (Peja and C-Webb) they could have been assured with two NBA titles
    Hmmmm
    I don't quite agree with - "Sacramento's lineup isn't designed to make it in the finals."

Who did the Kings get rid off this year?
    Hedo Turkoglu
    Jimmy Jackson
    Keon Clark
    Scott Pollard

Who did they gain?
    Brad Miller
    Anthony Peeler
    Darius Songalia
    Tony Massenburg

Do you think the first group is better than the 2nd?
    Brad Miller is an All-Star guy. Have you seen him play? Amazing!!

brad miller?? sya *** dating pistons ryt??
    anthony peeler? x-twolves?
    darius songalia and tony massenburg rookie???

spot-up sniper
    brad miller's last team was the pacers, sacramento lost to carmelo anthony last week...

..expialidocious!
    Healed, hungry Peeler is happy to be a King
    By Joe Davidson -- Bee Staff Writer
    Published 2:15 a.m. PST Tuesday, November 4, 2003

His ankle finally feels sound, and so does his shot.
    Translation: Anthony Peeler is ready to climb into the mix and stay a long while.

If only he could do something about his shorts, which were abruptly yanked upwards la wedgie after practice Monday. Kings teammate Brad Miller ambushed him about the same time Peeler was saying how ecstatic he is to be in Sacramento.

And now come the mixed feelings about returning to cold country Wednesday.

Peeler played the previous 5 1/2 seasons with the Minnesota Timberwolves and was rock solid from the swing position, scoring, passing and grimacing in pursuit of the open man on defense. He was an off-and-on starter for a Minnesota team that reached the postseason in each of his seasons, only to lose in the opening round.

And Peeler was part of the house cleaning. The Timberwolves brought in new players such as Latrell Sprewell and Michael Olowokandi at the expense of some older ones. Minnesota traded Peeler and forward Joe Smith to the Milwaukee Bucks for guard Sam Cassell and center Ervin Johnson in June, but Peeler was waived weeks later.

The Kings snatched him up as a free agent in August, a move Peeler called "a dream" for two reasons: a fresh start with a title contender and a chance to finish his career with the franchise he idolized as a kid. Peeler grew up in Kansas City, Mo., when the Kings played there.

"I'm OK with not being in Minnesota now," Peeler said. "I was there a long time. I have a lot of great memories, but it was time for a change. It was time to move on. There are so many people writing new chapters to their careers in the NBA this year, with all the players moving around, and that's me, too."

The ankle injury frustrated Peeler, who prides himself in being something of an iron man. He played in every game the previous two seasons and in 1999-2000.

"It took awhile, but I'm ready now," Peeler said of his ankle. "I've been ready for 12 years. The main thing is to stay positive and wait for my time.

"All I can be is a veteran, a professional and be ready."

Signed to provide the Kings with scoring punch off the bench, Peeler mostly observed during the preseason. He didn't play in the first two regular-season games, either, then saw his first action Saturday against the Denver Nuggets, contributing seven points and four steals in 17 minutes.

"It felt so good to make my first shots," Peeler said. "Finally. And I felt comfortable running down the court."

Kings coach Rick Adelman believes Peeler will only help his team's new-look bench.

"I know what he can do," Adelman said. "He can play this game. I think once he gets comfortable here, he'll really help us. We're going to need him."

During his Minnesota tenure, Peeler grew especially fond of Kevin Garnett, whom Peeler saw grow from solid to simply superb. They still talk by phone on occasion, except this week -- something about a showdown Wednesday night at the Target Center.

"I'm his enemy Wednesday," Peeler said in his familiar cackle. "I really liked playing with him. He's a great player.

"I've been so lucky to play with some of the great forwards (in this era). I played with James Worthy in Los Angeles, then Shareef Abdur-Rahim in Vancouver, then K.G. in Minnesota and now (Chris Webber) here. I think about that all the time. They were all finesse players, fast with the ability to score inside, thin and long guys who could do it all."

Peeler said the Kings could provide his best chance at advancing in the postseason. Peeler played 10 playoff games with the Lakers in 1994-95, averaging 8.9 points, but his team lost in the first round in each of his seven subsequent postseason trips.

Peeler led Minnesota in scoring during the 1998 playoffs with 16.2 per game, but the Seattle SuperSonics won the series in five games. He averaged 6.8 points per game against the San Antonio Spurs, who prevailed 3-1 and won the league title in 1999. He scored 7.5 per game in 2000, a 3-1 setback to the Portland Trail Blazers. He scored 8.5 in 2001 as the Spurs prevailed in four. He averaged nine points in a 3-0 loss to the Dallas Mavericks in 2002.

Peeler's 7.7 scoring average last season marked a regular-season career-low. So did his 4.8 mark in the playoffs, which ended in a 4-2 series loss to the Lakers, making him expendable.

"I'm so happy to be here," Peeler said just before Miller put his mitts on him. "This is a great team. We can do some good things here."

..expialidocious!
    brad miller?? sya *** dating pistons ryt??
    anthony peeler? x-twolves?
    darius songalia and tony massenburg rookie???
    Miller = ex-Pacers.

Yes on Peeler.

I think Songalia is a rookie.

Tony Massenburg =ex-Utah Jazz.

average ni miller nung nsa pacers pa sya and ni tony massenburg???

thanks dude

THE SORRY AZZ CO-KINGS ARE DONE!!!!! YOU WILL NEVER WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BCOZ YOU GUYS DONT KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN A RING AND YOU GUYS ARE STILL *****IN ABOUT THE 2001 WESTERN CONF. FINAL. GAME 6 AGAINST THE LAKERS HOW YOU WERE CHEATED BADLY BY THE REFS... SORE LOOSERSSS!!!!!!! GET OVER IT ... THATS WHY YOU WILL NEVER BE AN NBA CHAMPS COZ ALL YOU GUYS DO IS CRY AND ***** ABOUT GAMES YOU LOOSE AND NOT MOVED ON.... YOU WILL NEVER BEAT THE LAKERS WHEN IT COUNTS AND YOUR JUST LIKE THE BOSTON RED SOX THAT HAS A LOT OF TALENT BUT DONT DELIVER ON WHEN PRESSURE COMES!!!!!

JUST GOTTA LOVE'M LAKERS BABY!!!!!! 80 WIN SEASON......PHUCK ALL YOU SORRY AZZ CRYBABY CHO-KINGS..........

..expialidocious!
    average ni miller nung nsa pacers pa sya and ni tony massenburg???

thanks dude
    On BRAD MILLER:

In his first All-Star appearance during the 2002-03 season, had a bench-high six rebounds to go with five points and three assists for the Eastern Conference team.
    Posted 27 double-doubles, seventh in the Eastern Conference and tops among centers in the East

Ranks #18 in the NBA in Rebounds Per Game(9.5)
    Ranks #18 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds(16.0)
    Ranks #11 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per Game(4.0)
    Ranks #12 in the NBA in Efficiency Ranking(22.5)

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brad_m....html?nav=page

"I don't know what's happening...
    Watching tonight's game vs. Minnesota, I was under impression that somebody cloned both Peja and Vlade - the "mini me" is Brad Miller!! The guy shoots like Peja, yet walks, runs, play boards and scores in the way that most resemble Divac. Sacramento is still the #1 fun team to watch in the NBA, even without Chris. Best regards and keep winning."

-Michael, Toronto (Canada)

..expialidocious!
    There's not much to say about Massenburg.
    His NBA career is uh, what should I call it? lackluster?
    He's OKAY is all I can say.

Songalia on the other hand, is more than OKAY.

thanks mary_poppins sa stats ni brad miller...

anyway, kelan ba maglalaro si webber???? tang ina natatalo na nmn ang kings eh..... talo sila sa boston badtrip!!!

Page 1 of 130 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last