Carla Humphries | Showbiz - Female Celebrities | PinoyExchange

Page 1 of 251 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last

Carla Humphries

What do you guys think of her? She looks a little like Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Pics of Carla with Juddha Paolo:

http://www.geocities.com/leikela_joy/carlajuddhapaolo03.txt

http://www.geocities.com/leikela_joy/carlajuddhapaolo02.txt http://www.geocities.com/leikela_joy/carlajuddhapaolo01.txt

Carla Humphries: Taking it slow but sure!
    Walden S. Sadiri

Like her parents French-American Mark Humphries and Filipina Tonette Apacible Humphries who started each of their business consultancy companies (they run Internet Business Systems and Terabyte Business Systems respectively) in the Philippines some years back, Carla knows that she also has to start small in show business to one day become big in this her chosen career.

Since she was discovered by Talent Center head Mr. Johnny Manahan during her school’s (ABS-CBN Distance Learning Center) recognition day in 1999, she already had an inkling of the hardwork she had to do before she could realize her dream of becoming a star someday. And for two years, she attended various workshops offered by Talent Center in acting, singing, personality development and more.

Taking steps in preparing herself to be well-equipped in showbiz soon earned her the privilege of being launched as one of the members of the Star Circle Batch 11 — her first big leap into showbiz!

“I think it was good that I took my time with the workshops and I perfected my craft. I learned everything I needed to know...I was supposed to be in Batch 10 but it didn’t push through because I was very young then. I was only 12 and I knew it was not the right time kasi wala masyadong roles because I was in that awkward age. But now I feel so good because this is a dream coming true,” she expressed.

One of Carla’s aspirations in showbiz is to become an-all-around artist who can act, sing, host, etcetera. But according to her, her heart is closest to doing dramatic roles. She also hopes to bag for a soap opera job someday.

Since her launch, televiewers got a chance to see her dramatic skills in a crying scene in the series “Sana Wala Ng Wakas” as Jericho Rosales’ secretary. She also had a guest appearance in “Maalaala Mo Kaya” as Vhong Navarro’s girlfriend in the story of the rap group Salbakuta. Other than that she has had guestings in the Sunday variety show “A.S.A.P.” At the moment, she has already started work (last month) in the twin-bill youth love story that will feature the love tandems of John Pratts and Heart Evangelista and John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Michelle.

One thing admirable about Carla Humphries is her attitude regarding her budding career. Aware of the stiff competition, she doesn’t mind the slow pace of her career. She is not in a rush.

“I am very patient. Each time I take a step, if it goes faster then it’s good. But now I don’t mind if I’m waiting because I love what I’m doing right now. And no matter how long it will take I’m prepared to wait,” she quipped.

She attributed her disposition regarding showbiz to her father who’ve always supported her in everything she has wanted to do.

“When I joined Star Circle, he told me that if I’m going to do something, I have to do it right. If I love it then I should show people that I love it. My dad also taught me that I shouldn’t give up even if I didn’t get something I liked because that was normal too. He always told me to always have faith and if I really love it, it will happen no matter what if I want it to happen,” she shared.

Carla is very happy that her family has always backed her up with her showbiz endeavors. She particularly liked that her mom would find time from her busy schedules to accompany her in her tapings.

Carla Humphries’ exposure in showbiz is not only an exciting adventure for her but a learning experience too. She described it as a transition from being a kid to an adult because of the work involved. It is also a realization of a lot of things.

“I learned that the smallest character or role is important in a story. I learned that the hours are long but you never realize that. You learn discipline. Everything changes you because you start working like your parents. Malalaman mo na lang na ganito pala ang buhay ng isang adult,” she smiled.

But she is not in showbiz because of the money she could get.

“I don’t do it at all for the money. I never thought of it as something that would give me money. Yung first taping ko nga I forgot that there was a payment. I only got it when my handler gave it to me.”

So what is show business for a young lass like Carla?

“Actually it’s a big gift to let me do what I want to do and show the world that I can do it. The money I earn will pay for my college tuition. I want to pay for my own college education since I’m already working. My parents naman had spent for my upkeep ever since I was born so I’m happy that I can pay for something for myself now,” she said.

A fourth year student, Carla Humphries want to pursue Liberal Arts or Architecture for a college degree after her high school graduation. But she’s serious about her ride in show business and where it will take her. She likes the experience and knowing that she still has a long way to go adds to the excitement of being a celebrity.

She also recently bagged an endorsement deal for B.U.M. Equipment with a select few from Star Circle Batch 11. And their larger-than-life billboard can now be seen along EDSA.

She will also be in a mall tour for B.U.M. entitled “Red Christmas 03” to usher the Yuletide Season. It will start next month with the following dates: Oct. 10 at SM Noth EDSA, Oct. 17, SM South Mall and Oct. 24 at SM Bacoor.

Cool yet driven, Carla Humphries is a young star ON THE RISE!

She was just on one of Tara Tena's episodes, Mukha ng Pag-Ibig. Any fans out there? Hehe.

Hi! I like her photos from Pink Magazine's Sep 2003 issue. She was the model for the Beauty section, when they were featuring Glitter make-up.

There were 4 full page photos and she looked different in every picture. See http://www.geocities.com/carla_fans/Pink-2003Sep.htm

For screenshots from the Tara, Tena episode, see also http://www.geocities.com/carla_fans/...na-Oct2003.htm

Hey Carla_Fans! Great to see you here. Again, I really like your site.

Isn't Carla part of First Romance? Do you know what her role is for the movie?

Carla Humphries in First Romance

Hi! Yes, Carla Humphries is part of the cast of First Romance. She has a supporting role in one of the 2 movies. I'm not sure whether it's Heart's or Bea's, though. I guess we just have to wait and see to find out!

Oh, also heard that the B.U.M. Mall Tour scheduled for this Friday (Oct 17) will be canceled to give way to the ABS-CBN 50th Anniversary celebration.

Carla Humphries: Latest Mestiza Teen Actress is Pinoy at Heart

A new feature article just came out on Carla Humphries in MOD Girl Magazine - October 17, 2003 issue.

--------------------

Carla Humphries: Latest Mestiza Teen Actress is Pinoy at Heart
    by Geneva S. Austria

October 17, 2003 issue

CARLA HUMPHRIES must be the teen actress to have the most diverse family ever. Her mom is a Filipina with roots in Batangas and her dad is an Italian-American who grew up in France. Carla is one of the four children. Alec, the eldest, and Carla were born in the United States; Nicolas, the third child, was born in France; and Samantha, the bunso, was born here.

Carla went to a French school until her mom decided to transfer her to a local school. Carla's mom heard of the ABS-CBN Distance Learning Center and enrolled her there.

Continued at:
    http://www.geocities.com/carla_fans/...re-2003Oct.htm

Thanks for the info. Looks like it's just the two of us here, haha.

Carla's Biggest Fans

I know. Actually, I think it's cool! Biro mo -- we can definitely claim to be her biggest fans! How many people can say that about their favorite artist? Hahaha!

Favorite Photo

Which of these photos of Carla Humphries do you like best?

http://www.geocities.com/carla_fans/images/Vote-Pink-Photos.txt

Cast your vote at
    http://www.geocities.com/carla_fans/Vote.htm

Re: Carla's Biggest Fans

Originally posted by Carla_Fans
    I know. Actually, I think it's cool! Biro mo -- we can definitely claim to be her biggest fans! How many people can say that about their favorite artist? Hahaha!
    LOL, that's true...haha. When she gets famous, we can definitely say we were her first fans.

So, who do you think she'll be paired up with, as a love team? lol I think her and Juddha would look cute, hehe.

Love Team, Movie Role

So, who do you think she'll be paired up with, as a love team? lol I think her and Juddha would look cute, hehe.
    You know, I've never really thought about a love team prospect for her. What do you think of John Barretto, the guy who's to her right in the B.U.M. Ad?

Oh, and I just saw a feature article on My First Romance at ABS-CBN's website. Tomorrow na ang showing. Carla is in Heart's story, One Love.

See http://www.abs-cbn.com/starcinema/mo...ST_article.htm.

Yeah, I thought about John Barretto, too. I thought of Juddha Paolo 'cause it seems like they're always together in pictures. How about a love triangle? Haha.

http://geocities.com/leikelajoy/johncarlajuddha.txt

Thanks for the link. That was very helpful... I even found out Pauleen Luna was part of the movie, hehe. I'm just guessing here, but I think Carla might play one of Heart's rich friends.

Oh, I have a suggestion. You know the Carla_Fans Yahoo Group... why don't you make it into a real group instead of just a mailing list for updates. That way people can talk there and post pictures and stuff like that. I see there's like 11 members already. Just a suggestiong, though... You don't really have to do it if you don't want to.

neighbor

She is my neighbor here sa condominium sa ortigas....she's cute though...Cute din yung brother nya

Originally posted by leikela_joy
    Yeah, I thought about John Barretto, too. I thought of Juddha Paolo 'cause it seems like they're always together in pictures. How about a love triangle? Haha.
    Actually, I thought of John Barretto for the same reason too. They looked really chummy together, especially in that partial BUM poster you placed. he-he!

Thanks for the link. That was very helpful... I even found out Pauleen Luna was part of the movie, hehe. I'm just guessing here, but I think Carla might play one of Heart's rich friends.
    Yes, from what little I've seen of the trailer, your guess certainly seems to be the most likely situation.

Oh, I have a suggestion. You know the Carla_Fans Yahoo Group... why don't you make it into a real group instead of just a mailing list for updates. That way people can talk there and post pictures and stuff like that.
    I'll need to check the settings... but if I remember correctly, anybody who is a member of the group can post a message right now. It just happens to be a moderated list, so each message has to be approved before it is distributed.

Anyway, I've just removed the "moderated" setting from your subscription setting, so please feel free to post something if you'd like.

Re: neighbor

Originally posted by maypilar
    She is my neighbor here sa condominium sa ortigas....she's cute though...Cute din yung brother nya
    Hi there! Welcome to this thread! leikela_joy and I were just commenting that we seem to be the only two people here. he-he! It's nice to have someone else around.

So you're her neighbor? Wow. Have you met her? Or talked to her? What's she like in person? I guess her brother must also be mestizo-looking.

Yes, from what little I've seen of the trailer, your guess certainly seems to be the most likely situation.
    Are you in the Philippines? I'm just wodering if you've seen the movie already 'cause I won't be able to see it till it comes out on video here in the States.

I'll need to check the settings... but if I remember correctly, anybody who is a member of the group can post a message right now. It just happens to be a moderated list, so each message has to be approved before it is distributed.

Anyway, I've just removed the "moderated" setting from your subscription setting, so please feel free to post something if you'd like.
    Oh, okay. Thanks for doing that.

Hi maypilar... nice to have another person here...haha. So she has a brother? Is he older or younger than her? LOL.

Are you in the Philippines? I'm just wondering if you've seen the movie already 'cause I won't be able to see it till it comes out on video here in the States.
    Yes, I'm in the Philippines. The "One Love" episode is funny! Kinda like the movie Clueless in terms of humor. If you're expecting light-hearted fun, you'll enjoy it, I think. I don't want to say anymore beyond that until you've seen it.

Oh, and I stumbled across the weblog of the scriptwriter of "One Love", Theodore 'Ted' Boborol, while surfing the web. He has quite a few entries in his weblog about "My First Romance" including some pics with the cast, in case you're interested.

See http://beatlebum.blogspot.com.

Ciao!

Oh, so you've seen it already...hehe. It looks pretty good from the trailer. I like light-hearted movies, so I'll probably like it. So how was Carla in the movie? lol

Thanks for the link, btw.

So how was Carla in the movie? lol
    She did okay, in my humble opinion.

Obviously, she was in a supporting role so she didn't have a lot of lines or a lot of scenes. Her role in "Tara, Tena" was much more substantial. But since it's a movie with a large audience, I think it was great exposure for her.

New Fan Photos

Just added new photos to the site. Thanks to J.P. and J.S. for sending these in.

http://www.geocities.com/carla_fans

Page 1 of 251 1 2 11 51 101 ... Last