The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug is swift and exciting, giving fans an epic view of things to come.read more
Reigning champs the DLSU Lady Spikers continued their romp as they demolished the NU Lady Bulldogs 25-8, 25-22, 25-19read more
The highest fan and issue threads will be posted weekly. Check out the gorgeous female celebrities that came out on top this week!read more
Fans just got a taste of what to expect this season. Here are the numbers that shaped the first week of UAAP volleyball action.read more
Hi mr smilewarrior, kailan po ba ulit tatanggap ng patients yung sa UP Orthodontics?
can someone help me find a good dentist around makati or mandaluyong? yung mura lang magcharge.
last last year ko pa gusto magpa brace kaya lang i got pregnant kaya nadelay.
I'm sure the other posters here would be more than happy to send you referrals through private messaging.
thanx gurl.susubukan ko magconsult sa isa pang pinay dentist dito.nung una kasi nagconsult ako sa tumitingin ngayon ng braces ko,minsan kasi iba-iba mga theory nila.
how much average price ng invisalign? thanks.
^ Hello dertah. Yung totoong Invisalign aligners ay may number code na nakaembed sa kanila. Pwede mong i-type yung number code na ito sa Invisalign website, sasabihin sa iyo nung website kung tunay o hindi yung aligner.
Average price? P150,000 to P200,000 or more.
thanks doc. just wanna know if my dentist friend is quoting me the 'mates rates'. had braces before and stupidly didn't wear the retainers i was given so teeth decided to move a bit again.
mild case lang and i hate having any protruding metal or wires in my mouth again. unless it's from a chicks braces
My braces were attached this morning. Ang weird ng pakiramdam ng bite ko, kasi yung dulo ng upper right inscisor ko tumatama sa bracket ng lower inscisor sa baba, so parang hindi totally naglalapat yung molars when biting. Sabi ng ortho ko, yun daw ang measurement. Maglalapat din daw yun eventually pag nag-move na yung teeth in its proper place. Pag lagi daw natatanggal yung particular bracket na yun, saka lang nya i-mo-move yung placement ng bracket.
Ganun ba talaga yun?
^Angels&Demons, hopefully after several days you'll see a difference. For now ( and for as long as you have braces ) please avoid hard, stickyand chewy foods. Please slice your food into small bite size pieces before chewing.
You're welcome, dertah
^ For the pain, you can take paracetamol (available even with a prescription), 500 mg every 4 hours as needed .
Instead of biting with your front teeth, slice the food and chew with your back teeth instead.
hanggang anong age ba pde mag pa correct ng jaw alignment problem . is there any side effects with the treatment. cause i have heard some people had some pain on the back of their neck or something. i would like to correct my bites. my lower jaw and teeth is protruding that cause my face to look elongated. hope for the help. thanks.
^ Hi sportsminded I've already responded to your private message. Good luck.
Hello Smilewarrior! First, thanks for volunteering your time and expertise here at the exchange. I have a few questions:
1. I remember reading a post that said UP Orthodontics doesn't accept anything less than a class II malocclusion. Does this still hold true?
2. My teeth are aligned (no sungki-sungki), but my front teeth overlap my lower teeth--I can only see about a third of my lower teeth when my mouth is closed, but my lower teeth aren't touching the roof of my mouth or anything. I sort of have a bucktoothed appearance and I'm painfully aware that the problem's getting more noticeable as I age. My front teeth splay outward from my lower teeth at a distance of .2 inches. I know it's difficult to assess without pictures, but do you think my case has a chance of getting accepted at UP Orthodontics? Padre Faura is a two-hour commute from where I live, and I'd like to know I have a fighting chance before braving the traffic.
3. Could you also pm me contact details of good orthodontists who don't charge a whole lot more than the good people at UP Ortho? I live way out in Antipolo but my school is in Diliman. Hopefully, they also do free assessments as I'm on a very tight budget.
By the way, I tried to look at the website of UP Ortho, but I can't seem to get in.
Thank you so much!
Last edited by ishkabibble; Nov 10, 2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added info
1. Hindi naman. There are other types of malocclusions besides Class II. A case is deemed fit for acceptance depending on its degree of difficulty ( kung masyado kasing madali yung kaso, yung halos wala nang gagawin, malamang hindi matatanggap ). They will start accepting patients again by 2009. I can pm you their contact number.
2. Can't really say what you're problem is without seeing you... you'll need to be examined.
3. UP Orthodontics is part of the UP System. UP is a government school...so it's government subsidized. Thanks to government subsidy, you actually pay 1/4 to 1/5 of the actual fee.
If you're really on a tight budget, I would suggest you try applying as a patient at UP Orthodontics. Hopefully, you'll get accepted.
Will call them tomorrow. Good night!
Hello. Just had my separators Wednesday. Okay naman. Masakit lang pag nagbite at anghirap kumain. Will have my three wisdom teeth extracted next week at sa Tue ilalagay yung bands (kahit di pa ko nabubunutan, okay lang po ba yun?).