PEx Highlights

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    aspirin for the heart

    how low dapat ang dosage? tsaka kahit sino ba pwede mag-take nito as long as over 40? salamat po.

  2. #2
    Anybody can take it as long as he has no history of bleeding problems or stomach ulcer. You can either take baby aspirin (Aspilet, 80 mg), or an even lower dose aspirin with the brand name Cor-30 (30 mg). Some doctors prefer 80mg, while other doctors think that 30 mg is enough. Take one tablet after a full meal to avoid hyperacidity.

  3. #3
    i'm using 30mg (cor 30) for my patients. there is scientific proof that 30mg of aspirin has the same effects as that of 80mg and it has lesser tendency to cause hyperacidity or ulcer.

  4. #4
    ah salamat uli!

  5. #5
    tanong po uli: kahit may iniinom na ibang drugs, ok lang mag-take ng low dose aspirin? tsaka kahit nasa early 20s, ok lang? salamat po uli.

  6. #6
    What drugs are you taking?

  7. #7
    i don't recommend giving aspirin for a 20 year old. you're too young to have myocardial infarction or stroke. not unless you're already hypertensive right now or with congenital heart disease.

  8. #8
    question lang po, what does aspirin do for the heart?

    Cor-30 (30 mg), is this available OTC po ba?

    sabi ng company doctor namin, i'm hypertensive stage 2 and i'm currently taking isoptin sr 120mg everyday after breakfast, ok lang ba mag take ng aspirin 30mg?

    thanks

  9. #9
    It's better that you see a cardiologist so you can be assessed fully regarding your hypertension. He/she will be in a better position to tell you what meds you need.

  10. #10
    Originally posted by bluestreak101
    question lang po, what does aspirin do for the heart?

    Cor-30 (30 mg), is this available OTC po ba?

    sabi ng company doctor namin, i'm hypertensive stage 2 and i'm currently taking isoptin sr 120mg everyday after breakfast, ok lang ba mag take ng aspirin 30mg?

    thanks
    aspirin decreases the risk of myocardial infarction in about 20% of cases. it has nothing to do with your hypertension. you are hypertensive stage 2 (bp 150-159 systolic or 100-109 diastolic) i just want to know how old are you and do you experience chest pains often? i'm asking this because i want to establish why your doctor chose isoptin for your hypertension. you can take aspirin as long as you don't have hyperacidity or ulcer but just for precautionary measure take in on a full stomach. and yes Cor 30 can be bought without prescription.

  11. #11
    Originally posted by bjmanabat
    aspirin decreases the risk of myocardial infarction in about 20% of cases. it has nothing to do with your hypertension. you are hypertensive stage 2 (bp 150-159 systolic or 100-109 diastolic) i just want to know how old are you and do you experience chest pains often? i'm asking this because i want to establish why your doctor chose isoptin for your hypertension. you can take aspirin as long as you don't have hyperacidity or ulcer but just for precautionary measure take in on a full stomach. and yes Cor 30 can be bought without prescription.
    im 31 yrs old, my bp was 140/100... i was thinking maybe its just "white coat hypertension" pero sabi ng doctor indication na rin ito ng hypertension kasi medyo mataas na nga... im not having chest pains naman po.

    thanks

  12. #12
    Have your BP rechecked daily for a week by someone other than the company clinic--maybe your baranggay health center, or a relative with a sphygmomanometer. 31 years old is too young to be started on aspirin, and it might just be white coat hypertension.

  13. #13
    Originally posted by bluestreak101
    im 31 yrs old, my bp was 140/100... i was thinking maybe its just "white coat hypertension" pero sabi ng doctor indication na rin ito ng hypertension kasi medyo mataas na nga... im not having chest pains naman po.

    thanks
    since you are still young i think beta blockers (metoprolol, betaxolol, bisoprolol etc) will be more appropriate for you. also this is cheaper than isoptin. anyway dr ira is right. blood pressure monitoring is very important. by this important data your doctor may decide to stop, change or increase the dosage of your anti hypertensive meds.

  14. #14
    my dad's taking bayer's aspirin (300mg) everyday, im concerned, is that too high of a dosage?

  15. #15
    300? What's the brand name/formulation? Is this a foreign formulation? And whats the reason your dad started taking the aspirin? Was this prescribed by another MD? Is he taking any other medications? If this is an existing prescription, I would follow up with his doctor and just ask how long he should be taking aspirin at this dose. If taking aspirin was your dad's decision, and he would just like the "blood thinning" benefit derived therein, I would suggest a shift to a lower dose, 80mg or 30 mg. The miniscule hypothetical benefit gained from the much higher dose (300mg) is not enough to offset the greater possibility of undesired side-effects.

  16. #16
    my mom is taking aspirin 80 mg. she's 47 yrs old. hindi cia ng papadctor the last time she checked her BP it was more than 10 yrs ago. i heard that low blood and high blood have same syptoms. she's always complaining, na *** batok nia hanngang ulo masakit. and sometimes kailangan nia pang sumuka *** mabawasan *** skit. takot kasi sa doctor mom ko. kaya kahit anong pilit at pananakot nmn ayaw mgpacheck up. please help me.

  17. #17
    hmm, nausea and vomiting is one of the signs of elevated BP and increased ICP.

    you should have your mom checked by a physician asap. we can't just give her any medication without being evaluated by a doctor.

    Hope that you can convince your mom to see a doctor. Tell her that the symptoms won't go away if she wouldn't help herself and be helped by health professionals.

  18. #18
    Ex-GreenCard Holder hosel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Mid West

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by change
    my mom is taking aspirin 80 mg. she's 47 yrs old. hindi cia ng papadctor the last time she checked her BP it was more than 10 yrs ago. i heard that low blood and high blood have same syptoms. she's always complaining, na *** batok nia hanngang ulo masakit. and sometimes kailangan nia pang sumuka *** mabawasan *** skit. takot kasi sa doctor mom ko. kaya kahit anong pilit at pananakot nmn ayaw mgpacheck up. please help me.

    I heard medical studies show that baby aspirin does not work for women.

  19. #19
    ah ganon po ba?. salamat po.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Hot Topics

GILAS:

Gallant Gilas Pilipinas drops to 0-3 after 85-81 defeat vs Argentina

Gallant Gilas Pilipinas drops to 0-3 after 85-81 defeat vs Argentina

read more
SHOWBIZ:

Veteran actor Mark Gil passes away at 52

Veteran actor Mark Gil passes away at 52

read more
MUSIC:

Eraserheads to release two new songs

Eraserheads to release two new songs

read more
SPORTS:

Philippine Army crowned V-League Open Conference champions

Philippine Army crowned V-League Open Conference champions

read more
UAAP:

Red Warriors keep Final Four dream alive with 64-55 win over Bulldogs

Red Warriors keep Final Four dream alive with 64-55 win over Bulldogs

read more
CHIT CHAT:

Anong masasabi mo sa Anti-Selfie Bill?

Anong masasabi mo sa Anti-Selfie Bill?

read more