PEx Highlights

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

PHOTOS: Aces Demolish Bolts

Alaska went on a demolition job against Meralco, defeating the Bolts by an embarrassing 41-point deficit, 105-64.

read more

PHOTOS: Purefoods Back to Winning Ways

Mark Barroca starred in a furious 2nd half comeback win against the GlobalPort, scoring 25 points for Purefoods.

read more

FEATURE: Expectations for Gilas 3.0

With Chot Reyes out of the picture and the Gilas program 'under review', JPM ponders on the possibilities that may happen in the new Gilas.

read more

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

aspirin for the heart

how low dapat ang dosage? tsaka kahit sino ba pwede mag-take nito as long as over 40? salamat po.

Anybody can take it as long as he has no history of bleeding problems or stomach ulcer. You can either take baby aspirin (Aspilet, 80 mg), or an even lower dose aspirin with the brand name Cor-30 (30 mg). Some doctors prefer 80mg, while other doctors think that 30 mg is enough. Take one tablet after a full meal to avoid hyperacidity.

i'm using 30mg (cor 30) for my patients. there is scientific proof that 30mg of aspirin has the same effects as that of 80mg and it has lesser tendency to cause hyperacidity or ulcer.

ah salamat uli!

tanong po uli: kahit may iniinom na ibang drugs, ok lang mag-take ng low dose aspirin? tsaka kahit nasa early 20s, ok lang? salamat po uli.

What drugs are you taking?

i don't recommend giving aspirin for a 20 year old. you're too young to have myocardial infarction or stroke. not unless you're already hypertensive right now or with congenital heart disease.

question lang po, what does aspirin do for the heart?

Cor-30 (30 mg), is this available OTC po ba?

sabi ng company doctor namin, i'm hypertensive stage 2 and i'm currently taking isoptin sr 120mg everyday after breakfast, ok lang ba mag take ng aspirin 30mg?

thanks

It's better that you see a cardiologist so you can be assessed fully regarding your hypertension. He/she will be in a better position to tell you what meds you need.

Originally posted by bluestreak101
    question lang po, what does aspirin do for the heart?

Cor-30 (30 mg), is this available OTC po ba?

sabi ng company doctor namin, i'm hypertensive stage 2 and i'm currently taking isoptin sr 120mg everyday after breakfast, ok lang ba mag take ng aspirin 30mg?

thanks
    aspirin decreases the risk of myocardial infarction in about 20% of cases. it has nothing to do with your hypertension. you are hypertensive stage 2 (bp 150-159 systolic or 100-109 diastolic) i just want to know how old are you and do you experience chest pains often? i'm asking this because i want to establish why your doctor chose isoptin for your hypertension. you can take aspirin as long as you don't have hyperacidity or ulcer but just for precautionary measure take in on a full stomach. and yes Cor 30 can be bought without prescription.

Originally posted by bjmanabat
    aspirin decreases the risk of myocardial infarction in about 20% of cases. it has nothing to do with your hypertension. you are hypertensive stage 2 (bp 150-159 systolic or 100-109 diastolic) i just want to know how old are you and do you experience chest pains often? i'm asking this because i want to establish why your doctor chose isoptin for your hypertension. you can take aspirin as long as you don't have hyperacidity or ulcer but just for precautionary measure take in on a full stomach. and yes Cor 30 can be bought without prescription.
    im 31 yrs old, my bp was 140/100... i was thinking maybe its just "white coat hypertension" pero sabi ng doctor indication na rin ito ng hypertension kasi medyo mataas na nga... im not having chest pains naman po.

thanks

Have your BP rechecked daily for a week by someone other than the company clinic--maybe your baranggay health center, or a relative with a sphygmomanometer. 31 years old is too young to be started on aspirin, and it might just be white coat hypertension.

Originally posted by bluestreak101
    im 31 yrs old, my bp was 140/100... i was thinking maybe its just "white coat hypertension" pero sabi ng doctor indication na rin ito ng hypertension kasi medyo mataas na nga... im not having chest pains naman po.

thanks
    since you are still young i think beta blockers (metoprolol, betaxolol, bisoprolol etc) will be more appropriate for you. also this is cheaper than isoptin. anyway dr ira is right. blood pressure monitoring is very important. by this important data your doctor may decide to stop, change or increase the dosage of your anti hypertensive meds.

my dad's taking bayer's aspirin (300mg) everyday, im concerned, is that too high of a dosage?

300? What's the brand name/formulation? Is this a foreign formulation? And whats the reason your dad started taking the aspirin? Was this prescribed by another MD? Is he taking any other medications? If this is an existing prescription, I would follow up with his doctor and just ask how long he should be taking aspirin at this dose. If taking aspirin was your dad's decision, and he would just like the "blood thinning" benefit derived therein, I would suggest a shift to a lower dose, 80mg or 30 mg. The miniscule hypothetical benefit gained from the much higher dose (300mg) is not enough to offset the greater possibility of undesired side-effects.

my mom is taking aspirin 80 mg. she's 47 yrs old. hindi cia ng papadctor the last time she checked her BP it was more than 10 yrs ago. i heard that low blood and high blood have same syptoms. she's always complaining, na *** batok nia hanngang ulo masakit. and sometimes kailangan nia pang sumuka *** mabawasan *** skit. takot kasi sa doctor mom ko. kaya kahit anong pilit at pananakot nmn ayaw mgpacheck up. please help me.

hmm, nausea and vomiting is one of the signs of elevated BP and increased ICP.

you should have your mom checked by a physician asap. we can't just give her any medication without being evaluated by a doctor.

Hope that you can convince your mom to see a doctor. Tell her that the symptoms won't go away if she wouldn't help herself and be helped by health professionals.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by change
    my mom is taking aspirin 80 mg. she's 47 yrs old. hindi cia ng papadctor the last time she checked her BP it was more than 10 yrs ago. i heard that low blood and high blood have same syptoms. she's always complaining, na *** batok nia hanngang ulo masakit. and sometimes kailangan nia pang sumuka *** mabawasan *** skit. takot kasi sa doctor mom ko. kaya kahit anong pilit at pananakot nmn ayaw mgpacheck up. please help me.

I heard medical studies show that baby aspirin does not work for women.

ah ganon po ba?. salamat po.