PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast
    DIREK Joey Javier Reyes is one of local showbiz's most prolific minds. The director of the Sharon Cuneta-Aga Muhlach starrer, "Kung Ako Na Lang Sana," makes sure he gives his best in anything he does.

And his genius is not just confined to directing for TV and in the movies. He has had the chance to do almost anything connected to filmmaking. He even has a book to his name.

Direk Joey will be at the helm of a soap which Lorna Tolentino and Christopher de Leon will topbill for GMA 7.

He recently compiled his essays - a number of which saw print in widely circulated newspapers and magazines - into a book. It's now selling like hotcakes.

Do you know that he is also into the making of bags, which he designs himself? He also makes accessories, most of which are for export.

"One time ba naman, may isang exporter na umu-order sa akin ng kung ilang dosenang bags at mga accessories. Nakaka-tempt talaga, since ang payment would be in dollars. Kaso nga, personalized ako kung gumawa. E, may deadline siya. I had to pass that up," he says with a sigh.

Direk Joey is most proud of "Kung Ako Na Lang Sana."

He reveals that when the project was offered to him, he was inside his car. He almost fell off his seat.

"Tanong ko kay Olive Lamasan (a well-known and award-winning director herself and a Star Cinema top gun) totoo ba itong naririnig ko? I know naman kasi na any director would, wika nga, give his arm para lang mai-direk ang dalawa sa isang movie," he relates enthusiastically.

Individually, he has worked with Sharon and Aga. How was the experience?

"Twice the fun, twice the challenge ang naramdaman ko [now that I'm directing them together]," he replies. "A, basta, from start to finish, ang naisip ko ay to give my best. And I think everyone, including the moviegoers, will agree with me that this film is one of my best works."

Sharon and Aga have seen the movie themselves. Both consider the movie a cinematic achievement. In its simplicity, you find a rare gem which only Joey Reyes can create.

The two stars share: "'Di ba known si Direk Joey for his snappy, at times, catty but, nevertheless, endearing dialogues? Well, dito sa 'Kung Ako Na Lang Sana,' nandoon ito!

"Parang 'di nga kami umaarte sa movie since all of the scenes ay nangyayari.

"Nagpapakita ang pelikula na true friends really count. And among friends, 'di puwedeng walang 'di magkaibigan. Una, dahil sa constant togetherness. Besides, there's only but a thin line between friendship and romance, 'di ba?"

Also starring in Star Cinema's "Kung Ako Na Lang Sana" are Cristine Bersola, Jennifer Sevilla, Do* * *

Joey Reyes has directed Sharon Cuneta and Aga Muhlach individually before. Sharon, in one of her best films ever, "Nang Iniwan Mo Ako"; Aga in "Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal," "May Minamahal," "Nag-iisang Bituin" and "Narinig Mo N B ang L8test."

He was driving his car when he got a call from Star Cinema that he'd direct the first teamup of Sharon and Aga, "Kung Ako Na Lang Sana." "I nearly fell off my seat. I said, are you kidding? And Olive Lamasan told me they're not. I'm really flattered that sa dinami-dami ng directors nila, they chose me, but it's also scary because there will be great pressure since first time nila together, so I took it as a great challenge, from the brainstorming sessions we had up to the last day of shooting. I now consider it a blessing dahil may purpose pala ang pagiging filmmaker ko because the film is something we all care about: friendship. And in these times when the country is so magulo, it is in our friends that we can find the comfort and balance we need."

Sharon and Aga play good friends from their 20's up to the present when they're nearing their 40's. Sharon is about to be an old maid while Aga is so happy with being single but they eventually realize that they are really meant for each other. The film is the movie debut of Tintin Bersola as Sharon's best friend and the comeback film of Mickey Ferriols as Aga's girlfriend. minic Ochoa, Shintaro Valdez, Patrick Guzman and Mickey Ferriols.

seen na d trailer...

super ganda!!!

I feel it in my fingers.. ♫ damnright's Avatar
    seen the trailer and i didn't see the chemistry between sharon & aga.

pass ako dito.

AjaAjaFighting!

Re: Re: Re: mega is witty and classy

Originally posted by crediblefire
    sa tingin ko, tama si cee2009. "all-caps" is a matter of expression.gusto lang nyang bigyan ng emphasis ang kanyang sinasabi.

In some European culture, " all-caps" connotes emphasis.

In an American point of view," all-caps" is equivalent to "shouting".

Some french psychologist view it as a sign of giving an importance to a certain statement.
    Just to clarify: in the internet, ALLCAPS is tantamount to shouting, therefore, it's rude to use allcaps especially when posting in message boards, chatrooms/IMs or even when sending an email.

Anyway, re: the movie, I saw the trailer at CinemaOne this morning. I think ok lang na medyo mataba si Sharon dito coz I think yung role nya is someone who's not physically attractive talaga. Di ba me line pa nga si Aga na, "Kung di lang malaki ang hita mo, maganda ka na sana." But I agree with majority of the people who posted, wala nga silang chemistry. Pero kung ang istorya e tungkol sa mag-best friend na nagkaibigan na yung guy super gwapo tapos yung girl chubby na hindi kagandahan, they are actually perfect for the role. (no offense meant sa fans ni Sharon ha)

Sunny talks!
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by crediblefire
    sa tingin ko, tama si cee2009. "all-caps" is a matter of expression.gusto lang nyang bigyan ng emphasis ang kanyang sinasabi.

In some European culture, " all-caps" connotes emphasis.

In an American point of view," all-caps" is equivalent to "shouting".

Some french psychologist view it as a sign of giving an importance to a certain statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you want to emphasize a certain word in this message board, you could simply make it bold by using the codes available in this board. Kung hindi mo alam, magpaturo ka sa amin.

Banned by Admin
    agree ako sa iba rito. I don't see the chemistry between Sharon and Aga as lovers...kung mother and son ang tema, pupuwede pang magkaroon ng chemistry, isali mo narin pati physics. But in fairness, i think kikita yung movie. May mass appeal kasi eh.

na-amuse naman ako sa iyo fatgrrl_slim pero in fairness mataba lang kasi si Sharon, look at her noong slim pa siya, maganda talaga siya and sa personal talaga maganda mukha niya pero kahit mataba siya maganda pa rin naman, yung iba nga diyan ang patabain mo at tingnan natin, itsura well, tama ka fr34k, kahit di ko pa kita trailer nito, i know kikita to, Sharon-Aga movie ba naman

F R E N C H T E R
    maganda lang si sharon kapag naka-make-up siya pero kapag wala eh mukhang ordinaryong tao lang siya.

Banned by Admin
    pilit ang team - up ... pati ang version ... lahat na lang pilit na kay ate shawie ....

Pssst....sasama ka ba? luciam124's Avatar
    originally posted by Jolie
    kahit di ko pa kita trailer nito, i know kikita to, Sharon-Aga movie ba naman
    ay naku @JOLIE, yan din ang dialogue mo non sa movie nina Richard and Sharon.....*irap* anyhow, bowowow sana nga kumita rin ito kahit papaano kahit maliwanag pa sa sikat ng buwan na mukha talaga silang magtiyahin.

@CEE2009

hiiii "magkahawig" kayo ni CREDIBLE FIRE... damang-dama ko na "kambal" kayo.

Mas gusto ko pa yung Madrasta.

Why? HIndi ko feel si Sharon na gumawa ng mga pa-tweetums na movies. Nakakatakot nga eh, baka magflop din tulad ng nangyari sa PAGDATING NG PANAHON tsaka yung WALANG KAPALIT.

Oh well, kahit naman magflop ang movie ni Sharon, ok lang. 50 million lang naman ang talent fee niya ngayon, matapos nag-boost up sa sales ng Colgate.

couch potato :) cHarL!e's AngEL's Avatar
    at 1st i thought ala My Best Friend's Wedding to, but then i don't think so kasi mukhang they devoted time to showing how their relationship really bloomed. basta, 'll watch it..alang-alang kay Aga

gusto ko *** story kase they were bestfriends inlove with each other. basta kakakilig un!!!

IT’S good to see Patrick Guzman on the big screen again. He plays Sharon Cuneta’s suitor who keeps a big secret about himself in Kung Ako Na Lang Sana, which also stars Aga Muhlach, Christine Bersola, Jennifer Sevilla, Shintaro Valdez, Gabe Mercado, Chat Silayan, Butz Aquino and Mickey Ferriols.
    Patrick grew up in Canada. He was a commercial model bago naging artista. Napaka-promising niya. Naging setback niya, however, ang pagiging ‘di articulate sa Tagalog language.
    For a time, naging big news ang pag-iibigang namagitan sa kanila ni Patty Betita, who later became the girlfriend ni JV Ejercito, anak nina dating President Joseph Estrada at Guia Gomez who’s now the mayor of San Juan.
    May anak si Patty kay JV.
    The last, we heard, Patrick went into farming. May malaking lupain pala sa Pampanga ang kanyang mga magulang at naisip niyang pagpalain ito.
    Walang nakaaalam kung may asawa na o kung sino ang bagong girlfriend ni Patrick. He still looks good. Umitim nga lang siya.
    Jose Javier Reyes on ‘Kung Ako Na Lang Sana’
    By Walden Sadiri

“This is a story ng isang magbabarkada. It is something that happened most spontaneously. It is how sometimes through the passage of so many years, a barkada changes. It morphes into something else. And yet two best friends, a man and a woman, started out as friends, became really close friends both seeking for somebody special in their lives whom they will spend their rest of their lives. Then they realized it’s them who were meant for each other.”

“Kung Ako Na Lang Sana” doesn’t only focus on the friendship of Enteng (Aga) and Emmy (Sharon) but the whole group as well. It will trace the transformation and maturity of the barkada since their college years up to their reunion at the end of the film.
    “This is really a very interesting movie especially the whole emotional tag of war which is extremely difficult. It will show how extremely difficult it is to fall in love with your best friend. You take the risk and you take the gamble of losing the friendship,” he stressed.
    He went on to say that during post production, his movie made him cry.
    “When you start a movie you tend to set a certain notch of what to expect at the end of the production. But this is one of the few movies na maski ako na-touch sa ginawa ko. I’m very happy with it.”
    What helps in keeping the movie light, funny and romantic too, Joey explained, are the barkadas of the two main characters. Playing Aga’s barkadas are Dominic Ochoa and Shintaro Valdez, while Sharon’s lady friends are Christine Bersola and Jennifer Sevilla, and they all add to and intensify the “kilig” factor of the film.
    So how was it working with Aga and Sharon?
    He said being friends with them was a good thing for Joey as a director because it eased out his tensions. The pressures of doing the film were from other aspects like the responsibilities it entailed and knowing the parameters to work with for his stars and the film itself.
    It also helped that this was his sixth movie with Aga while it was his second time to direct Sharon. He worked with Aga in the following movies: “Labis Kitang Mahal,” “May Minamahal,” “Hindi Kita Malilimutan,” “Nag-iisang Bituin” and “Narinig Nyo Na Ba Ang Latest.”
    “The acting of Aga in this film is definitely different from the other movies we made because we discussed the character. And Aga really went into the character of Enteng. Aga has his own bags of tricks as far as this movie is concerned. And as to his acting, he is not Popoy of ‘Narinig Nyo Na Ba Ang Latest,’ in the same manner that when you see the movie you will see that Aga delivered a most outstanding performance,” he described.
    With regards to the megastar, he pointed out that the film didn’t demand her to lose much weight because that is her character in “Kung Ako Na Lang Sana.” In fact, Joey explained that there was even a line that went, “Di ko kailangang magpa-sexy. Hindi ko naman yun pinagkakakitaan.”
    “Firstly that has been incorporated in the story. And I think it is mission impossible to demand from a woman to lose x-amount of weight and to resemble Joyce Jimenez. And she was even working on three movies. Her character of Emmy is somebody who doesn’t really give premium to looking sexy or beautiful.”
    Penning the script himself, he also cast Gabe Mercado, Patrick Guzman, Butz Aquino, Chat Silayan, Reggie Curly and Mickey Ferriols in the movie. He said that the movie was given the title “Kung Ako Na Lang Sana” after he heard the song by Bituin Escalante. And he felt it was perfect not only as the title but also as the theme song of the first Sharon-Aga movie.
    After “Kung Ako Na Lang Sana,” in the works for Jose Javier Reyes is his Metro Manila Film Festival entry”Malikmata” under Canary Films which stars Rica Peralejo, Marvin Agustin, Shintaro Valdez, Dingdong Dantes, Ricky Davao, Barbara Perez, Wowie de Guzman and Ana Capri. He will also soon start shooting a Lorna Tolentino/Christopher de Leon soap opera of GMA 7.

watch na lang kayo sa september 24

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/main/20030914/images/ent2.jpg

A second wind for Mickey
    By Maridol RańOa-BismarkThe Philippine Star 09/14/2003
    Absence does make the heart grow fonder. Mickey Ferriols missed showbiz so much during the three years she spent away from it, she has sworn not to commit the mistakes she made back then. Back then, she figured in a controversy that led to a legal tussle between her and her manager, Chit Ramos. But time has way of letting bygones be bygones. Talent and manager have patched things up and Mickey and Chit have resumed their business relationship. "I’ve learned my lessons," Mickey owns up. "Before, you would see me frowning when things bring me down. Now, I don’t let things bring me down anymore. How? I just think of my blessings!" True enough, Mickey never for one moment knit her eyebrows at the presscon of her comeback movie, the Sharon Cuneta-Aga Muhlach starrer Kung Ako Na Lang Sana. She sparkled like newly-opened champagne when someone popped a question at her. "I feel very, very blessed," she explains. "God has granted not just one, but two of my fondest wishes." The first wish was to go back to her first love: hosting. Voila! Mickey’s face lights up MTB, where she is a mainstay. "I’m so grateful to ABS-CBN, because even if the controversy where I figured in erupted here, they still took me in for MTB. I promise not to let them down by giving my hosting job all I’ve got," she vows. Mickey got her second wish, a comeback movie, soon after. Star Cinema’s Kung Ako Na Lang Sana is her sixth, since starting out as part of the cast of a slew of independent films. Wish granted again. Mickey can’t believe her eyes and ears when she learned her co-stars were two of her idols, Sharon and Aga. "I’ve been a Sharon fan ever since. I’d sit by the stairs of our house, just listening to one of her earliest songs, Mr. DJ (which Sharon sang when she was 12)," reveals Mickey. Face to face with her idols, Mickey found out that she had no reason to feel intimidated, the way she felt the first time they met on the set. Sharon and Aga, who are teaming up for the first time, even shared some of their "trade secrets." Don’t move your eyebrows too much. Let your eyes and voice do the acting, they advised. Mickey, of course, obeyed, and is crossing her fingers her efforts will yield effective results. Like all comebacking celebrities, Mickey got an offer to go bold. But while she admits considering the offer at first, Mickey decided "it’s not yet time for that." Not when you’re winning young fans over via a daily noontime show (MTB). And certainly not when you get the chance to be directed by Joey Reyes, who cast her in the wholesome role of Aga’s smart, go-getter girlfriend who, sensing how much he loves Sharon, selflessly decides to let him go. It may be a supporting role, but it’s enough for Mickey, as of now. Besides, who can disappear from the public eye for three straight years, and pull off a comeback feat the way she’s doing now? Mickey Ferriols is blessed. And she knows that rare is the showbiz personality who can get a second shot at her career the way she does. No wonder, she is eternally smiling, just like the dolphin tattoo she wears proudly on her left shoulder.

Watch it on september 24!

AjaAjaFighting!
    Originally posted by Jolie
    na-amuse naman ako sa iyo fatgrrl_slim pero in fairness mataba lang kasi si Sharon, look at her noong slim pa siya, maganda talaga siya and sa personal talaga maganda mukha niya pero kahit mataba siya maganda pa rin naman, yung iba nga diyan ang patabain mo at tingnan natin, itsura
    I knew my post wouldn't come out nice. What I really meant was, Sharon is not as physically beautiful as Aga's other leading ladies (with the exception of Janice de Belen, who's also not really pretty, but not bad looking either), pero in fairness, I've seen Sharon in person, she's not bad-looking naman. Plus, I think sinadya talaga dito sa movie na to na maging hindi physically attractive ang dating nya coz that's what the character calls for. Kaya tuloy parang nanay ni Aga ang itsura nya dun sa movie.

F R E N C H T E R
    Sa MTB, tinanong sina Dominic at Jennifer kung ano ang roles nila sa movie, at ang nasabi lang nila ay mga best friends sila nina Aga at Sharon. Wala na silang maidagdag.... quality movie nga eto.

Sunny talks!
    the producers are only banking on the popularity of the protagonists in this movie. Siempre kahit hindi maganda ay papatulan eto ng movie goers just to support their faves....ang talunan na naman dito ay ang mga fans na dapat ay binibigyan ng mga de kalidad na pelikula para naman makakita sila ng kakaiba at isang pelikula na hindi nila malilimutan.

Puro kita lang ang iniisip ng mga gumagawa ng mga pelikulang ganito. Puro kabig lang sila...dapat naman bigyan nila quality movie ang mga manonood to show their appreciation sa pagtangkilik nila sa mga pelikula nila.

well, we go to watch movies to be entertained and I think mage-enjoy ang mga tao rito kahit pa ayaw ng iba

i read in sharon's forum na sa september 23 daw ang premiere night sa sm megamall

Sunny talks!
    siempre mas maganda kapag na-entertain ka ng isang quality movie di ba? Specially kung yong quality movie ay gawa mismo ng favorite mo na pwede mong ipagmayabang kahit kanino.

sharon & aga are both competent actors and these producers should exhaust their talents.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast