PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: NU Eliminates Ateneo from Final Four

The NU Bulldogs have successfully booked a trip to the UAAP Finals, their first one since 1970, via a 65-63 victory over the Ateneo Blue Eagles.

read more

PHOTOS: Belo Plays the Hero for FEU

Mac Belo nailed a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer, sending the FEU Tamaraws to the UAAP Finals with a 67-64 win over the DLSU Green Archers.

read more

RPG: 2014 PEx School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

It's back! Enroll now in the 2014 PinoyExchange School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

read more

PROMO: Gone Girl

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Gone Girl!

read more

REVIEW: Annabelle

Annabelle is a fun, scary screamfest for the barkada.

read more

Show Me Your Nahulog na Teeths!

Chelsey takes over hosting duties for this week's episode! She and her guest talk about the big fall from the recently held Cosmo Bachelor Bash.

read more

..expialidocious!

TongYang Restaurant

Tried this restaurant last year (for the first time).

We checked in at InterCon and the very conspicuous "TongYang" sign caught my eye (between Glorietta and SM Makati). We immediately checked it out the next day! We loved it! 'Ate as much fishballs, squidballs, etc we wanted!

To those outside the PI - TongYang is a Filipino/Chinese cook-it-yourself smorgasbord.

Are there a lot of TongYangs in the PI or is the one I went to the only one?

I love Tong Yang! the idea of cooking your own food yourself was really fun and their foods were good too. lots of choices. they also have a branch in Megamall coz that's were we went to. I don't know where else you could find one. the only thing I didn't like about this is that the smell sticks to your clothes.

sui generis
    My family, especially my dad, loves tong yang. We always go to that branch near our place in QC along Quezon Ave. We love the hot pot and the grill, with lots of garlic and butter. Major artery-clogger but since it's only once in a while, why not indulge!!

We love the beef, fish, chicken, pork chops and the squid balls.

BTW, they call it Mongolian Grill/Hot pot.

oh.. there's one in Milpitas similar to this. Hot Pot City! Hella crowded at night especially on weekends.

I've seen Filipinos bring Sinigang broths etc.. hahahahha...

..expialidocious!
    they take leftover sinigang broth home?
    Do they have fishballs and squidballs there too?

pinkpotato - they have one in Megamall, huh? Went to the one between SM and Glorietta. Yeah...you smell smokey after that! Best to go there at the end of the day then go home and take a shower right after!

classmate ko owner nito, kaya libre lagi pag kumakain kami dito!

Originally posted by mary_poppins
    they take leftover sinigang broth home?
    Do they have fishballs and squidballs there too?
    haha.. NO! Since HotPot City is Chinese or Korean owned, they don't carry those Filipino broths..... So, Filipinos bring their own for the soup that they make.

yah... they have fishballs, squidballs, etc.... let me know when you wanna go Anne!

Originally posted by mary_poppins
    pinkpotato - they have one in Megamall, huh? Went to the one between SM and Glorietta. Yeah...you smell smokey after that! Best to go there at the end of the day then go home and take a shower right after!
    yeah, meron yata. if I remember correctly, dun talaga kami kumain. but I also know the branch you're talking about. I've been there too.

the first time we went to Tong Yang, nag lunch kami dun then nag shopping kami. bad move. nasa mall kami the whole afternoon and naaamoy talaga namin sarili namin!

laging nasusunog food namin sa tong yang! hehehe!!!

da cranky ferret!
    my ex and i used to love pigging out here

we go to the quezon ave branch

Sarao F1 Team

price

how much is the hotpot price?

AjaAjaFighting!
    I just ate at Tong Yang Megamall branch last weekend. They have sinigang as one of the options for the hot pot na. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Tong Yang sucks... we used to eat there a lot. pero we realized we were really poor and lazy cooks ... hehe.

we even have a song for Tong Yang. something like this...

Sa Tong Yang nalugi ka...
    sa tong yang nasuka ka...
    sa tong yang naghintay ka pa!

anyway something like that...