PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: NU Retains Cheerdance Championship

Got the Cheerdance Competition hangover? Relive the highlights from our photo gallery here!

read more

PROMO: The Maze Runner

Get a chance to win advance screening tickets to The Maze Runner!

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: Norte, Hangganan ng Kasaysayan

Intricately written and shot. Norte is a true cinematic masterpiece

read more

FEATURE: Basketball Players as Endorsers

JPM lists down memorable TVCs of various PBA personalities of the past and the present and the brands that they have endorsed during their days in the league.

read more

PHOTOS: Ateneo Stuns FEU with Comeback Win

The Ateneo Blue Eagles overcame a 19-point deficit in the fourth quarter against the FEU Tamaraws, securing a 68-64 victory and the top seed in the Final Four.

read more

2014 UAAP Cheerdance Competition Preview

Will the NU Cheer Squadron retain or will we see a new cheer champion? Check out our primer for the upcoming UAAP Cheerdance Competition!

read more

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast
    witch,w/ capital B

Post Writing the resignation letter

kelangan bang ibigay yung reason mo for resigning? ano ba dapat nakalagay dun? sorry kung mejo aanga-anga ako dito ah, first job ko po ksi eh....and i want to break ties with my employer nang malinis.....

Post sample letter

Dear Sir/Madam:

First of all, I would like to thank you for the opportunity that was given to me to work with this company. I have gained valuable work experience here that will help me in the future.

It is with deep regret that I have to turn in my resignation as I have found a better career opportunity in a different organization. I would like to terminate my employment with this company as of [insert date].

Once again, thank you!

Sincerely,

[insert name]

You can simply say that you are tendering your irrevocable resignation effective {date}. You don't have to give the reason because you will be interviewed before your resignation is approved.

my gf got these suggestions from her barkada:

Here are options to take:

1. $#%$&^%*&^*&^*& S_ _ T!#@!$#@$#@ I am giving me F#@$%#%$ resignation
    letter!

2. I recognized that I have learned alot from my stay here in the company
    which have contributed to my growth both on a personal and professional
    level, and I myself, have equally contributed to the growth of the
    company but after much thought and consideration, It is with deep
    regret that I have to tender my irrevocable resignation starting _____.

3. HOY! <number of years in company> taon na ako dito! Wala na bang pagbabago???
    %&^*&^*&^*&Âyoko na!!

i'm a girl

Post help about resignation

i'm a contractual in one bank and i dont enjoy my job and am planning to resign once i get into my new job offer w/c is a govt co. my question is, what do i write sa resignation letter? is it ok to write the real reason why i'm leaving? diba parang impolite naman yun na sasabihin ko i found a better job??? i'm just planning to finish 1 month kasi then resign na ... what you think??

Banned by Admin

it is unethical to state the real reason, just simply state that you are tendering your resignation. Make it sure that you dont have a contract with the company you are working right now.

i luv my baby

Just say that you have found better career opportunities. No problem with saying the truth, just don't go over the details anymore. I have always written them in my own resignation letters. I don't want them wondering why.
    Normal lang yun.

i'm a girl

Originally posted by rains_delight
    it is unethical to state the real reason, just simply state that you are tendering your resignation. Make it sure that you dont have a contract with the company you are working right now.
    may contract pero it can be terminated anytime ... just give daw a resignation letter eh. kahiya naman if bigla ka na lang abot ng letter diba? it'd be better if i talk to the boss muna kaya iniisip ko what to tell her muna ... meantime, magtiyaga na muna ko habang d pa definite yung offer sa isang company ... but am still looking for a good resignation reason aside from the truth bec. i believe that it is really unethical to tell them na aalis ka bec. you got a better offer, for me parang ang angas ng dating ...

i luv my baby

Originally posted by chaico

may contract pero it can be terminated anytime ... just give daw a resignation letter eh. kahiya naman if bigla ka na lang abot ng letter diba? it'd be better if i talk to the boss muna kaya iniisip ko what to tell her muna ... meantime, magtiyaga na muna ko habang d pa definite yung offer sa isang company ... but am still looking for a good resignation reason aside from the truth bec. i believe that it is really unethical to tell them na aalis ka bec. you got a better offer, for me parang ang angas ng dating ...

Well if you find "better career opportunities" too daring for you, just say "personal reasons." Miss, I read hundreds of resignation letters and I know what's maangas and not. If you still find "personal reasons" too daring, you can ask for more. I have a lot on my list.

i'm a girl

Originally posted by Gabriela

Well if you find "better career opportunities" too daring for you, just say "personal reasons." Miss, I read hundreds of resignation letters and I know what's maangas and not. If you still find "personal reasons" too daring, you can ask for more. I have a lot on my list.
    sige, penge ako ng mga reasons ... what i fear lang kasi is yung face to face na pagpaalam sa boss eh, kasi what if she gets too nosy na if i say i have to leave due to personal reasons tapos she asks what kind of personal thingy ... that's what i fear lang .. okay na sana if bigay ka lang ng letter pero diba i need to ask permission personally din? first time ko kasi to do this kaya i'm so clueless on what to do ... yung isang person sa office resigned na din kasi she didn't like the job din she said lang she had to do something sa province daw ... give me a list please ... thanks.

Teka muna. Sabi mo contractual ka diba? Bakit hindi mo na lang sabihin na may nakita kang trabaho kung saan ka pwedeng maging permanent employee? Totoo naman yon diba?

Post Re: help about resignation

Originally posted by chaico
    i'm a contractual in one bank and i dont enjoy my job and am planning to resign once i get into my new job offer w/c is a govt co. my question is, what do i write sa resignation letter? is it ok to write the real reason why i'm leaving? diba parang impolite naman yun na sasabihin ko i found a better job??? i'm just planning to finish 1 month kasi then resign na ... what you think??
    O siya, here some generic resignation letters you could use:

Generic Resignation letter #1: (kung good terms ka sa amo mo)

Dear XXX,

I would like to tender my resignation effective <resignation date>.

Please accept my thanks for allowing me to be part of your organization.

I wish you and the company all the best.

Generic Resignation Letter #2: (kung asar ka sa boss mo)

Dear XXX,

I would like to tender my irrevocable resignation, effective (resignation date), due to personal, professional and financial reasons.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all that you have done during my stay in this company.

Rule of thumb:

The resignation letter must be short and polite- bihira ang naglalagay ng reason for resigning nila at mga detalye sa resignation letter- pinalalabas ang totoong reason for resigning sa exit interview.

Usually- generic lahat ng resignation letters

Ikaw rin, some companies ask for an approved resignation letter bago ka tanggapin- you don;'t want anything bad written in the letter to reflect something against you- di ba?

i luv my baby

Originally posted by lupuS
    Teka muna. Sabi mo contractual ka diba? Bakit hindi mo na lang sabihin na may nakita kang trabaho kung saan ka pwedeng maging permanent employee? Totoo naman yon diba?
    I forgot to consider ito. The reason I always read resignation letters is that our employees are project/contractual employees. Most of them are always on the look-out for better jobs. Maiintindihan naman ng boss mo yun. Sino ba naman and may gusto maging contractual habang buhay?

"Personal reasons". Ayaw mo ito kasi your boss might still ask what the reason is.

Here are the other reasons:
    - have to get back to school (for undergrads)
    - to pursue further studies
    - no one will attend to my sons/daughters
    - we are transferring residency and that this office will be too far from my new place of dwelling
    - have to take care/take over our family business
    - have to attend to sick mother/father/brother/sister/son/daughter (you can name the whole barangay if you want)
    - I'm sick and it needs long recovery
    - family/domestic problem that is too complicated to explain
    - need to go back to the province
    - I'm dying

Madami pa yan kaso next time nalang kung wala ka parin mapili. If I were you, I'd still tell the truth because HR always knows better. If you think naman that there's no exit interview, then as what Hitokiri wrote here, just write a generic resignation letter.

i luv my baby

Originally posted by lupuS
    I forgot to consider ito. The reason I always read resignation letters is that our employees are project/contractual employees. Most of them are always on the look-out for better jobs. Maiintindihan naman ng boss mo yun. Sino ba naman and may gusto maging contractual habang buhay?

"Personal reasons". Ayaw mo ito kasi your boss might still ask what the reason is.

Here are the other reasons:
    - have to get back to school (for undergrads)
    - to pursue further studies
    - no one will attend to my sons/daughters
    - we are transferring residency and that this office will be too far from my new place of dwelling
    - have to take care/take over our family business
    - have to attend to sick mother/father/brother/sister/son/daughter (you can name the whole barangay if you want)
    - I'm sick and it needs long recovery
    - family/domestic problem that is too complicated to explain
    - need to go back to the province
    - I'm dying

Madami pa yan kaso next time nalang kung wala ka parin mapili. If I were you, I'd still tell the truth because HR always knows better. If you think naman that there's no exit interview, then as what Hitokiri wrote here, just write a generic resignation letter.

As for companies asking for approved resignation letters, this is the first time I've heard of this. Usually what we ask from new employees are clearance slip and certificate of employment from their former employer. Besides, we don't APPROVE a resignation letter, we just receive/acknowledge it. There's no such thing as approving a resignation letter.

i luv my baby

Post Re: Re: help about resignation

Originally posted by Hitokiri_Drizzt

Ikaw rin, some companies ask for an approved resignation letter bago ka tanggapin- you don;'t want anything bad written in the letter to reflect something against you- di ba?
    As for companies asking for approved resignation letters, this is the first time I've heard of this. Usually what we ask from new employees are clearance slip and certificate of employment from their former employer. Besides, we don't APPROVE a resignation letter, we just receive/acknowledge it. There's no such thing as approving a resignation letter.

16. Advertisement

i'm a girl

Wink

tnx 4 d replies!

i've decided on telling the truth na *** ... am sure they'll understand ... i'll tell them na *** na am just thinking long term dba? kce u r ryt, alangan naman forever n *** me contractual dba?

am just waiting for the final offer pf the other compny...

...ain't love grand...

Resignation letters are a mere formality. If you were unhappy with your job, it's likely that other aspects of your work performance or attitude to your work would have demonstrated that. Even the fact you were looking for a different job in the first place can suggest dissatisfaction.

Be honest as to why you'd like to leave (ie Career Progression etc), but don't make your letter an excuse to attack the company you're leaving. It looks unprofessional and juvenile. It doesn't need to be a novel, keep it succinct and to the point. Another good idea, something almost mandatory in resignation letters here in Australia, is to thank the company you're leaving for the opportunity they have afforded you in your time with them and wish them success with their future ventures.

Just a suggestion.

Post Re: Re: Re: help about resignation

Originally posted by Gabriela

But there is such a thing

a superior may approve/disapprove of a subordinate's resignation depending on the circumstances

The ADROTH Project

Post Re: Re: help about resignation

O siya, here some generic resignation letters you could use:

Generic Resignation letter #1: (kung good terms ka sa amo mo)

Dear XXX,

I would like to tender my resignation effective <resignation date>.

Please accept my thanks for allowing me to be part of your organization.

I wish you and the company all the best.

Generic Resignation Letter #2: (kung asar ka sa boss mo)

Dear XXX,

I would like to tender my irrevocable resignation, effective (resignation date), due to personal, professional and financial reasons.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all that you have done during my stay in this company.

Rule of thumb:

The resignation letter must be short and polite- bihira ang naglalagay ng reason for resigning nila at mga detalye sa resignation letter- pinalalabas ang totoong reason for resigning sa exit interview.

Usually- generic lahat ng resignation letters

Nothing like advice from a certifiable pro.

Post Re: Re: Re: Re: help about resignation

But there is such a thing

a superior may approve/disapprove of a subordinate's resignation depending on the circumstances
    these circumstances would probably be in situations wherein there is no proper turnover of accountabilities, but that's after the fact na... hold na lang ng final salary, but not disapproval of the resignation.

Article 285 of the LC is quite clear naman about resignations.. nothing categorically stated about acceptance of resignations.

To be sure, though it doesnt really have much weight, the resignation should be "irrevocable" ...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast