PEx Highlights

REVIEW: Laggies

If Laggies was an animal, it will be an old turtle -- slow, old and boring. Read our full review here.

read more

Where are you staying this Holiday Season?

Join the Call Center promo and get a chance to win Pizza Inc Gift Certificates!

read more

GALLERY: PBA Philippine Cup Semifinals

Check out photos from each game of the PBA Philippine Cup Semis here!

read more

PEx Christmas: The PBA Christmas Wishlist

'tis the season of gifts and wishlists! JPM plays Santa's consultant and lists down the best Christmas gift for each PBA team.

read more

FEATURE: Top UAAP Stories in 2014

We take a look back to reflect and celebrate the best stories in the UAAP that happened in the past year.

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

The results are finally here! Find out who won the hearts of the PinoyExchange community in The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards!

read more

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast
    Well, generally, most doctors, even general physicians are knowledgeable enough to treat STD's. You just have to be honest with your doctor when he/she asks you questions.

Generally, male patients are more comfortable going to male doctors. Women, likewise, go to female doctors.

Its important that STD's be treated as early as possible. There are a lot of possible complications, not to mention spreading it to other people, that may arise from untreated STD's.

If you're really very particular though, a male patient can go to a urologist, and a female patient can go to a female urologist (although there are still very few female urologists in the country), or to an OB-GYN.

Believe it or not, I don't think I've ever gone to a doctor/set an appointment by myself. Do I just pick a clinic, head for the front desk, then ask for an appointment with a (male) doc? Or maybe just do it over the phone?

^^You can try asking around or consult the yellow page.

Good luck!

help on STD

Guys!

san doctor pwede magpa checkup for STD case.. thanks

Any doctor is capable of treating STD's. You can proceed to a urologist (if you're male), or to an OB-GYN (if you're female).

Smile Hi fellow Thomasian!

Quote Originally Posted by voltaire_mad
    Any doctor is capable of treating STD's. You can proceed to a urologist (if you're male), or to an OB-GYN (if you're female).
    voltaire,

Thanks for pitching in, doc! Da mods, admins and I appreciate it.

http://pinoy.md/banners/whites.gif

thanks guys for the reply...

may i ask what are the procedures that will be doing by a urologist... thanks

check up for STD??

anong klaseng doctor pa hahanapin ko? paano ba yung process? masakit ba? magkano?

thanks in advance

Go to an internist who specializes on infectious diseases. He or she will take your history how you acquired the disease. She or he will do physical examination on you, request for blood test to confirm the microorganism. Afterwards, necessary treatment will have to be taken. Do this ASAP to avoid complications. I hope i answered your questions.

what EXACTLY do they do to you, do they just take my blood and thats it?

well, I don't know if what I saw on Sex and the City is accurate, but when Samantha had herself checked, the doctor asked her a bunch of questions about her lifestyle and stuff aside from getting her blood.

gusto ko rin magpa-check. pwede ba kahit sinong doctor?

im just a bit worried kasi my friends told me na may ipapasok sa butas ng ano ko parang qtip masakit daw is this true

For the females, I think they do the qtip down there. Whereas the guys (I went through this myself), they get a fair amount of blood... ....through a syringe that looks like for horses (and at the same time, they injected me with something that's for checking TB). Buti na lang, naka-labas ang cleavage ng nurse na sexy.

what kind of doctor will i look for

If you're a female....

Go to your ob-gyn. For some STD, she/he will take a vaginal sample. The process is very similar to when you get a pap smear, which is not painful at all. For other STDs such as HIV, a blood sample is required. My ob-gyn usually sends me to the lab for this.

a urologist will be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by super22
    anong klaseng doctor pa hahanapin ko? paano ba yung process? masakit ba? magkano?

thanks in advance
    Actually any doctor can check you. Usually the examining docs are very gentle. Average professional fee is 300 - 500 pesos. The lab work is extra.

Ang Bomba Star

Pag mejo sakit ba wiwi STD agad?

I just got back from the hospital after suffering acute tonsilopharyngitis... and im still in recovery.. but after a day at the house, i urinated twice and in both ocassion, there's this mild pain on it. Is it std?? I dont have rashes or any other symptom, just this mild pain i felt... I'm paranoid to the idea because i have multiple sex partners.. err.... hehe...

need help. thanks.

solitary by choice
    It could be a urinary tract infection. The causative agent that has caused your tonsillopharyngitis (Streptococcus sp. has this tendency to cause an infection someplace else in the body, particularly the kidneys. Aside from the pain from voiding (aka dysuria), do you also have difficulty in starting or stopping peeing? Or is there blood in your urine? These are just some that i recall from med school, but to be on the safe side, better have yourself checked by an Ob-Gyne to be sure.

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast