PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: FEU Stuns DLSU

The FEU Tamaraws overcame a slow start to stun defending champs DLSU with an 82-77 victory to open UAAP Season 77.

read more

Show Me Your Teeths: BesTEETHS!

The girls go emo and sentimental and pay tribute to best friends and sidekicks in the realm of Pinoy TV, movies, and... Batang X?

read more

Where San Mig Stands in History's Best Teams

What made the Grand Slam even more memorable was how San Mig had to overcome several obstacles to achieve this remarkable feat.

read more

Season Preview: UAAP Season 77

The most exciting collegiate basketball tournament is back. Find out what the different teams bring to the table in UAAP Season 77.

read more

PHOTOS: San Mig Cops Grand Slam

San Mig became the 5th team in PBA history to achieve a Grand Slam after escaping Rain or Shine with a hard-earned 92-89 game 5 win.

read more

REVIEW: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Visually stunning, haunting and compelling, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is a must-see.

read more

Post Eastern Telecoms ad

may kasablayan ang ad na ito. ibig sabihin low-profile na company o hindi sikat o mahinang company ang eastern telecoms kasi maski yung magaling sa trivia o well-versed sa current events e hindi pala alam kung ano ba ang eastern telecoms na yan, nyehehehe! kasi kung sikat na company, byword na sana o maski ordinaryong tao ay alam ang comany name na yan, di ba?

well, Eastern Telecom (without s) is my client. we have done many projects (software development) for them, and i have talked to a number of people there. they really have problems with their brand and they themselves admit it. hindi talaga sila kilala. ang impression pa rin ng tao is telex company sila. most people don't know is that they have the best internet backbone in the country, even better than that of globe and pldt.

that's why starting early this year marami na talagang releases na ginawa sila. they had to re-launch the company, introduced more services, changed their name and dropped the "s" from telecoms to become eastern telecom. they are more aggresive now.

Wink

who's the guy in the commercial? he's cute.

Tama ba yung dinig ko?

Q: "Who is Steve Wozniak?"
    A: Complete with super conyo accent: "He invented the first Apple Computer, not Steve Jones."

JONES? Di ba Steve Jobs?

The commerical's concept is as dumb as its content. Sayang pera ng Eastern. If they can bungle handling a simple TV ad, how can they be trusted with other uhmm. . . complicated things like ummm . . . telecommunications.

Ewan ko sa inyo, basta ang line namin sa DSL ay sa kanila. Mabilis, mabilis pa sa pldt. Pero kung dadami client nila, ewan na lang.

If I did not see the commercial, I would not know EASTERN TELECOM, whats this all about pala? Whats this company's business? Internet connection ba?

Originally posted by JdelaCruz
    Tama ba yung dinig ko?

Q: "Who is Steve Wozniak?"
    A: Complete with super conyo accent: "He invented the first Apple Computer, not Steve Jones."

JONES? Di ba Steve Jobs?

The commerical's concept is as dumb as its content. Sayang pera ng Eastern. If they can bungle handling a simple TV ad, how can they be trusted with other uhmm. . . complicated things like ummm . . . telecommunications.
    i've seen the ad a number of times, and steve jobs ang naririnig ko.

Originally posted by Tharaki
    Ewan ko sa inyo, basta ang line namin sa DSL ay sa kanila. Mabilis, mabilis pa sa pldt. Pero kung dadami client nila, ewan na lang.
    kokonti pa ba client nila? siyempre kung dadami, babagal din dahil sa traffic. meron ding eastern telecoms (di pa nila inaalis yung "s" sa mga karatula nila e) dito sa cagayan pero di pa yata kaya mag-provide ng maski leased line.

ako din steve jobs ang dinig ko ... ..

cute ad but it doesnt give you a clear idea about the services that they offer

Membership

I think the ad's objective isn't to give the audience a list of their services. I think its called BRANDING...they just want their name recall improved...

Steve Wozniak also said..."Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window..."

Have no idea what he meant...

Palm Evangelist

Originally posted by MeAko
    Steve Wozniak also said..."Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window..."

Have no idea what he meant...
    It might mean... Don't trust a computer running on Windows. Hehehehe!!! Biro lang.

know your rights

i really hate that Telecom company because their services are so

lame that any subscriber of them would just wish they never tried

their company.

the Eastern Access (landline service)-- their method of billing

is very flawed and beyond comprehension... major headache!

our university (Philippine Christian University-Taft) utilizes their

Eastern ADSL thing and i can't help but curse them in the middle

of the day!sometimes server can't be found...or something to

that effect or worse, connections are too slow. then i learned

that some people in that company was bad mouthing our staff

in the IT department! the nerve!!!!

anyway, about the commercial (nawala ata ako!) it's just their

way of saying that they are the "real" innovators... because they

came first, not PLDT. try to analyze the commercial better. in

fairness with Eastern Telecom, they're the oldest telecom

company here in the Philippines...

unfortunately, they can't compete with PLDT!

mangarap na lang yang mga taga-Eastern...

sila pala ang first e ba't hanggang ngayon di sila masyadong kilala? wala ba silang mga breaktrough o mga innovations na nagpasikat man lang sa kanila?

know your rights

Post to sadirmata

as much as i would like to defend Eastern Telecom... manigas na

lang sila because I'm not doing it for free... hahahaha

anyway, here's an excerpt from their company's profile as an

answer to your query sadirmata ...

Eastern's heritage in providing telecommunications services serving the Philippines goes back 120 years. From those early days of providing telegraph and telefax services, Eastern has built a reputation of quality service and customer care among the leading business in the Philippines.

Eastern's foreign partner, Australian Gigahertz Network, Inc. (AGN) intends to maintain the standard of excellent service and the pioneering spirit of Eastern Telecoms has been known for in over 100 years.

TECHNOLOGICAL EXCELLENCE. ACCESS, the local exchange brand of Eastern Telecoms, is the first to provide telephone lines that are internet ready unlike other analog networks that were built solely for voice communications.

or better yet, visit the Eastern Telecom website ...

but i am still not changing my mind... that company $uck$!