PEx Highlights

UP StatSoc Goes Infinite!

Come and join UP StatSoc in celebrating their 33rd Anniversary on September 22 to 27!

read more

PHOTOS: La Salle Extends Series vs FEU

Jeron Teng and the DLSU Green Archers had no problems defeating the FEU Tamaraws on Saturday, 94-73.

read more

Top TV Shows!

Find out the top 5 TV shows in the Showbiz forums here!

read more

An FEU-NU Matchup in the UAAP Finals?

Well, you guys were calling for an FEU-NU matchup and we wrote about it! Check out our article about a potential Tamaraws-Bulldogs matchup in the UAAP Finals.

read more

REVIEW: Rurouni Kenshin: The Legend Ends

The Legend Ends is a totally epic conclusion to a heroic tale.

read more

PROMO: Gone Girl

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Gone Girl!

read more

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Talking

To deny that our country has problems is stupidity. There is an undeniable tone of negativity and despair when we speak of the way things are turning.

We can choose now to give in to that despair. Those of us that can should just pack up our bags and go. The rest can be left to rot.

Of course, where would that attitude leave us? An empty shell of a country worse off than where we are today.

What if each of us started thinking about what makes us love this place we call home? Maybe if we remember these things, we will each have a little more hope. Perhaps we will be encouraged to keep on going, keep on doing little and big things to help transform this country into a better place.

Let me start by remembering a few of the things that make me PROUD TO BE A FILIPINO.

PEOPLE POWER - For a few days in 1986, Filipinos around the world were not thought of as maids, slaves or prostitutes. We were all heroes. Looking back, was it all a cruel divine joke? I think not. Those brave enough to answer the call to EDSA were real heroes. The tanks were real, the bullets in the soldiers' carbines were real. The threat to danger was real. The prayers were real. The flowers in the gun barrels were real. Our bravery as a people was real.

LINES FOR JEEPNEYS - As recently as early 1990s, nobody lined up for a jeepney. It was every man, woman and child for himself at EDSA, Aurora or in your kanto. Nowadays, we take it for granted. People do line up for jeepney rides. We successfully changed our behaviour for the better. All it took was a few commercials on TV the cooperation of over 10 million commuters. We did it before, perhaps we can do it again.

SAN MIGUEL BEER - It's a damn good beer. It's a world class pilsen comparable to any on standards of taste and quality.

What makes you proud?

May Angels smile upon you,
    Joe

[This message has been edited by JDELEON (edited 06-27-2000).]

Talking

Burn-resistant brown skin.

Talking

More things to be proud of:

The BALISONG - a truly Filipino weapon
    ARNIS - Good enough for Bruce Lee...

Joe

[This message has been edited by JDELEON (edited 06-27-2000).]

Wink

Sina Lea Salonga, Mirriam Quiambao at iba pang mga Pinoy na nagbigay sa bansa natin ng karangalan...kayo na ang magdagdag

Talking

THE FILIPINO LANGUAGE - When I was in London, visiting my sister, we were catching up. So for the whole trip on the Tube (their subway), I was speaking to her in Filipino. Before we got off, an old lady came up to us and asked what "musical language" we were speaking. =)

Joe

Talking

the delicious fruits lalo na ang mangga.
    pati na rin ang pag-kain kasi masarap siya.

crock`0`shite

Talking

Bagoong,Patis at calamansi. Dinugoan hmm..
    Adidas (not the shoes)yum yum
    karning aso pulutan.
    Life along da riles
    Lito Lapid, Gata,Balut(mabaho no ?)
    Tapos,Malaking ipis at daga (world record breakers)!! Tapos Nora Aunor, wala na!!

Talking

The Food! My Dad had advisees of various nationalities who were invited to our house for dinner when they've finished their graduate studies. He also have foreign colleagues who come for visits. They always look forward to eating Filipino food that my Mom prepared.

Talking

1. family-orientedness
    kahit gaano natin ka-hate ang ating mga magulang, sa huli sila pa rin ang hinahanap-hanap natin at binabalik-balikan natin.

2. cleanliness
    sa ngayon, sa pilipinas lang ang alam ko na ang lahat ng tao ay naliligo araw-araw. sa ibang bansa, naka-schedule pa na tuwing ganito ako maliligo. kaya medyo hindi maganda ang amoy nila eh.

3. manners
    magalang tayo sa mga nakakatanda sa atin. kahit na ayaw natin sa kanila, magalang pa rin tayo sa pagturing sa kanila.

THE PHILIPPINES - world's 3rd largest English-speaking nation, next to the USA
    and the UK.

http://www.vamp.org/images/goth-home.gif Barely breathing

Smile

Ang "pakikiramdam" natin, kasi sa ibang kultura wala nito.

This forum reminds me of this hate e-mail I received last year--did anybody receive that also, the one by "Art Bell" (I never figured out if this was a hoax or not). I wrote a REALLY long response to his email because he was dissing our culture to the max! If you're interested to read it, it's in my website http://laluna13.faithweb.com (look for it in the archive section)

Arrow

Pare...proud ba kamo pare....anyway pare eto ang proud ako sa Pinoy pare...ang mga pinoy pare eh sobrang malikhain pare...saan ka ba naman nakakita ng bansa na ginagawang negosyo ang pagbibilang kung ilan ang dumadaan na sasakyan sa kalye, dito lang pare...in case hnde mo alam yan pare, mag research ka pare...tsaka pare kukuha lang ng isang makapal na kawayan eh magiging instant kusina na pare...imagine pare may kutsara't tinidor ka na pare...may pinggan ka pa pare...may oven ka pa...tsaka kawali't kalan pare...isa pa pare...dito lang ata ako nakakita pare na pinagkakakitaan ang mga gagamba pare...sama mo na ang mga salagubang pare...iyon pare, bow ako sa pinoy pagdating sa pagiging malikhain pare...agree ka ba pare? tsaka pare lahat ng butas kayang pasukan ng pinoy pare....kahit nga butas ng mga paslit pare napapasok ni Juan Dela Cruz eh...dba pare! kahit nga kabuhok na lang ang sikip ng kalsada pare napapasok eh...ano pa kaya kung kabundok...galing pare...BILIB ako sa Pinoy pumasok sa butas pare...lahat na nang uri ng buats pare...napapasok pare...ika nga eh "Ip ders a wil...ay mali mali! ip ders an open syat...enter at yor own ris! yan pare ingles yan pare...wanna smoke pare!!!

peacelove and godspeed!

[This message has been edited by YoBaKs (edited 07-02-2000).]

Talking

YoBaKs: Gleng mo, pare http://www.pinoyexchange.com/lol.gif

.. Efren "BATA" Reyes, the Magician

.. Paeng Nepomuceno

Talking

juve_grrrl10: Kaya very in-demand ang nurses/medical professional natin kasi marurunong na tayong mag-sympathize, marunong pa tayong mag-empathize.

[This message has been edited by GForce (edited 07-02-2000).]

ex-MODE-rator

Talking

GForce, Amen to that!

Efren "Bata" Reyes, the Magician, Pinakamagaling, Numero Uno...

Idol talaga! Naawa nga ako sa ibang contestants, eh. Siya lang ang may dramatic welcome... And the British host even tried to say stuff in Tagalog like "Pinakamagaling", while for the German and other contestants, wala.

Pero, galing talaga!

Talking

A Filipino is the top grad of Wharton Business School this year. If you got that email about a Wharton MBA student debating about God with a Philosophy student, Biboy Calanog is that MBA.
    http://www.inquirer.net/issues/jul20...ews/news_3.htm

We have the potential to be truly world class. Let's never forget that.

Joe

Talking

you're right there, jdleon! i'm so proud to have been biboy's student before. galing talaga, sobra!

Talking

Mirth.

Filipinos are the only people who can laugh in times of adversity.

Asiaweek once cited the Filipinos to be the happiest people of Asia.

ex-MODE-rator

Talking

I just watched "They're playing our song" last night... Galing talaga ni Lea at ng utol niyang si Gerard!

(Gerard was a classmate in the basic pol-sci subject everyone's required to take in Ateneo. He did a great job as conductor and musical director)

Sooooobrang Tagal ng Member

Talking

SOBRANG TOUCHY NAMAN NG MGA PROUD COMMENTS NYo ABOUT THE FILIPINO!!!I'LL MAKE MY OWN LIST:

-BEAUTIFULLY TANNED SKIN THAT WHITES ENVY (EXOTIC!)KASE PINOY SKIN DOESN'T REALLY HAVE FRECKLES
    -TAGALOG LANGUAGE (I'VE LEARNED IN FILIP11 BEFORE THAT THIS GERMAN LINGUIST IS ADMIRING TAGALOG: KASING DIRECHO AT TUMPAK NG LATIN, KASING GANDA NG ESPANYOL,....hahanapin ko yung old notes ko sa filip11 ha ** lang)
    -GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR (TAYO LANG MERON NITO!!! KAHIT PRUBLEMADONG-PRUBLEMADO NA NAITATAWA PARIN!!!
    -SENSE OF RESPECT TO ELDERS (TAO LANG MAY PO AT OPO!!)
    -OH YES, PAKIRAMDAM. ONE OF OUR BEST ATTRIBUTES.
    -EFREN "BATA" REYES, ERIC BUHAIN, LEA SALONGA, MIRIAM QUIMBAO, GLORIA DIAZ, MARGIE MORAN
    -TYAGA NG IBA NA LUMUSONG SA BAHA!!
    -UST DEBATERS (YUNG NABASA KO SA INQUIRER MAG)
    -THE BEST TALAGA: BENILDEAN GUTS (HAHA!)

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/lol.gif

BTW, PINAKULAM KO NA PALA SI ART BELL PARA IDERECHO NA SA IMPYERNO!! http://www.pinoyexchange.com/lol.gif http://www.pinoyexchange.com/silly.gif http://www.pinoyexchange.com/evil.gif

[This message has been edited by WICKEDQUEEN (edited 07-05-2000).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast