PEx Highlights

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Post Special Education (SPED)

where can i go to get training for special education or sped here in the philippines?

any school who offers this?

Master Jedi

the college of education of up-diliman specifically offers that course.

however, before u enter, pls do your homework. check out the curriculum and get feedback from graduate students who are actually enrolled or, if possible those who have shifted from that course to another.

believe me, ull not regret it as long as u prepare for it. also, check the subjects if these really appeal to u.

in the college of home economics, there is also this course called family life and child development. whereas, in ateneo it a specialization in their psychology program..

tandaan.. it's not bec an institution is very well known eh maganda na lahat ng mga programa dito.. ok..

hope that i have helped u in a way..

hi genx77

thank you, now i know where to start looking. i surfed the up diliman website and you're right they do offer the course, although its a doctorate program. i'll call the school for more details. i only wanted a certification/training, if its all possible.?

again thank you,
    stefi888

I am taking up my MA is UP College of Education. They offer Sped both in the undergrad and grad course. UP Dil. is one of the most respected and prestigous schools that offer sped. But there are also different schools specializing in different exceptionalities. DLSU/Miriam is known for its Sign Language Program (for people with hearing disabilities), PNU is known for SPED in Visually challenged people. UP is for those with Behavioral Disorders (Mentally retarded, Autism)

Master Jedi

stef,

hi again.

ang pagkakaalam ko ay kurso talaga in the undregrad and grad level. let me check kung mayroon akong marerecommend na diploma course.. ok lang ba yun?

hopefully makahanap ako. ill do my best..

try mo din sa dlsu: www.dlsu.edu.ph/home may link ** sa continuing education..

bostsip,

hi there..

i earned several graduate units in benitez though ill be fin my graduate course in another college.. doing ur thesis na in ur MA Ed program?

M.A. SpEd, Certificate in SpEd...

SCHOOLS (METRO MANILA AREA) OFFERING MASTER OF ARTS IN EDUCATION (MAJOR IN SPECIAL EDUCATION)
    (as of September 2005):

Arrellano University
    2600 Legarda st. Sampaloc, Manila
    www.arellano.edu.ph

Centro Escolar University
    Mendiola Street, San Miguel, Manila, 1005, NCR
    Phone: 7356861 Fax: 7359444
    Email: ceu1@plato.fapenet.org
    www.ceu.edu.ph

De La Salle University
    2401 Taft Avenue, Manila, 1004, NCR
    Phone: (02) 524-4611 Fax: (02) 526-1403
    Email: registrar@dlsu.edu.ph
    www.dlsu.edu.ph

Manuel L. Quezon University
    916 R. Hidalgo Street, Quiapo, Manila, 1001, NCR
    Phone: 7340121 Fax: 7339974
    email: deanlava@yahoo.com, mlq@mlqu.edu.ph
    www.mlqu.edu.ph

New Era University
    Don Mariano Marcos Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City, 1101, NCR
    Phone: (02) 921-4221 Fax: (02) 981-1113
    www.neu.edu.ph

Philippine Normal University
    Taft Avenue Corner Ayala Boulevard, Manila, 1000, NCR
    Phone: 5270374 Fax: 5366471
    www.pnu.edu.ph

St. Paul University Quezon City
    Aurora Boulevard Cor. Gilmore Ave., Quezon City, 1113, NCR
    Phone: (02)726-7986, (02)726-7987, (02)726-7988 Fax: (02)723-0552
    Email: tbayona@spcq-online.org
    www.spcq-online.org/

St. Scholastica's College
    1560 Leon Guinto Street, Malate, Manila, 1004, NCR
    Phone: (632) 524-76-86 to 89 Fax: (632) 521-25-93
    Email: sscinfo@ssc.edu.ph
    www.ssc.edu.ph

University of The Philippines-Diliman
    Diliman, Quezon City, 1101, NCR
    Phone: 9280110 Fax: 9283014
    Email: oc@upd.edu.ph
    www.upd.edu.ph

**By the way, there are some good schools in the provinces which offer MA SpEd.
    Mariano Marcos State University & Divine Word College in Laoag
    Saint Louis University in Baguio
    University of St. Anthony in Iriga City
    West Visayas State University in Iloilo City
    University of San Carlos, South Western University & Cebu Normal University in Cebu
    Western Mindanao State University in Zamboanga City

**For those who don’t have much time for a M.A., a CERTIFICATE IN SPED would be a good option:

LEARNING PARTNERS, INC.
    189 Pilar Street, Barangay Addition Hills, San Juan
    725-76-10
    Email: lpsi@i-manila.com.ph
    SPED Associate Training
    SPED Paraprofessional certificate Program
    SPED Professional certificate Program

RESOURCES FOR EDUCATIONAL AND ALLIED CONSULTANCY HABITAT INC. (REACH, INC.)
    (Special Care Development Center)
    B10 L3 Catmon Pilar Village, Almanza, LP
    805-81-41, 806-83-34
    Certificate in Special Education Course

**Where did I get my data? Of course from the (oh-so-dependable) internet! Don’t worry, they’re from TRUSTWORTHY websites. Just check them out from time to time. Probably more schools would be offering SpEd programs soon (well, you know, b.s. nursing now, b.a. & m.a. SpEd tomorrow...)

COMMISSION ON HIGHER EDUCATION
    http://www.ched.gov.ph/hei_dir/index.html

TECHNICAL EDUCATION AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
    http://www.tesda.gov.ph/tvi/default.asp

NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR THE WELFARE OF DISABLED PERSONS
    http://www.ncwdp.gov.ph/drdb/directories.asp

Extreme
    Esprit.. I think St. Joseph College of QC offers SPED program also, for MA. Just check.

More and more teachers are enrolled in SPED because of the fact it is in demand in the US. I have classmates that are OT, PT, Behavioral Therapists, Psychologists who are currently enrolled in MA.

Cool

You're right, shnicky... St. Joseph's College of QC also has a MA SpEd program:

MASTER OF ARTS IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
    Majors:
    AUTISM
    MENTAL RETARDATION

and...

GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN AUTISM
    GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN AUTISM
    GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MENTAL RETARDATION
    GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN MENTAL RETARDATION
    GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN SPECIAL EDUCATION
    GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN SPECIAL EDUCATION

St. Joseph's College of QC
    295 E. Rodriguez Sr. Blvd QC
    723-02-21
    www.sjcqc.edu.ph

I'm a psychology graduate and I'm also planning to take M.A. SpEd in June 2006. I still have a lot of time left to do some research on which university to choose.

Which school offers the best curriculum for graduate students who want to major/concentrate on behavioral disorders?

I hope Pexers (especially those who are currently taking MA Sped) would share some info/opinion on this.

Extreme
    I am not sure if there is a university offering major in behavioral disorder. I have classmates who have trained in the US for that specific major. Check UP or PNU about that. Masaya ang SPED.

I took up 9 units of sped in my undergrad course. Oo nga, masaya sa Sped..mahirap, pero masaya!

Do you know any sped schools which accept volunteers?
    I want to tutor special children or work as a teacher aide.. of course for free.
    I have a lot of free time in the afternoon.

Extreme
    There are a lot of schools who accept volunteer assistance. But I'm not sure what specific school is that. I think some of my classmate are volunteer as of now. Why don't you try the ADHD Society of the Philippines and Autism Society to help you find one. They are really active organizations who promote their mission to different schools in the country.

ALso, if you would like to finish your MA early, try DLSU. Sobra bilis lang tapos na MA mo!

Thanks, shnicky. I'll contact those organizations.

Hmmm.. pwede rin sa DLSU, para mabilis matapos. And I heard karamihan sa sped professors dun from PNU.

For now, mag-iipon muna ako.. para makapag-full-time student pa next year.

Extreme
    Yes, we have professors from PNU, UP, and even ADMu. hehe. Puwede ka full time parang college student. Good LUck!

bAbe ForeVeR...
    Im almost done with my MA in Sped...i would say i got a good deal naman...my undergrad course is broadcasting also in UP so super saya ng Sped whenever we incorporate stuff we learned from CMC...

excellent teachers...good training... ang daming courses apart from the required courses that have been quite useful especially in my practicum now.

Banned by Admin
    Hi,

How good are the job market and opportunities of Sped graduates in the Philippines?

For Sped graduates: Are you considering working abroad?

Thanks.

16. Advertisement

bAbe ForeVeR...
    very good job opportunities for sped graduates...both here and abroad... you have the option kasi to go homebased or work for a school or put up your own...

18 units of sped and you can already fly to the states or to canada...last i heard $4k daw monthly...
    Last edited by samanthababe; Oct 31, 2005 at 09:18 AM.

I got interested in getting SPED certificate at REACH. But is it true that even though u dnt have teaching experience u cn get a work abroad?

Cool to YaelJamie

www.liveandearnintheusa.com :
    \/
    \/

What is American Boards?

American Boards is recognized as the "Alternate Route to Teacher Certification" open to all professionals interested to have a career in teaching. It is an approved provider of teacher certification in the federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. Through the "Passport to Teaching Certification" program, computer-based assessments of rigorous standards in subject area and professional teaching knowledge are administered to professionals seeking certification. This new approach helps states to effectively identify individuals who are qualified to teach in their classrooms.

Who can take American Boards Passport to Teaching Program?

It is available to fresh-graduates, mid -career changers and teachers seeking certification. Any four-year course is accepted and experience is not a requirement.

Now, both teachers and non-teachers have equal opportunities to landing a teaching job in the US.

We invite you to attend our info-seminar on November 11 at the SM Conference Hall in Cebu and November 12 at the SM Megatrade Conference Hall to get more information about the American Board Passport To Teaching and how you can apply right here in the Philippines. Entrance fee is P100 only.

To know more about the American Board and the Passport To Teaching, please log on to www.abcte.org

espritdescalier may idea ka how much ang tuition sa Learning Partners?

Wow tnx 4 d info=) Do you have any idea hw long wil it take you 2 finish the SPED certification program?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast