hamster or guinea pig? | Pets and Animals | PinoyExchange

X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Demon Hunter

Post hamster or guinea pig?

I'm thinking of acquiring a rodent as pet.. what's better, a hamster or guinea pig?

guinea pigs require bigger space.

hamsters need added attention.

both needs hygienic care.

Life is such a beautiful!

Both are cute, but guinea pigs make this unique oiking sound

Guinea Pigs are much easier to feed, 5 pesos of Kankong will feed her in a day

You can put them in your hand once in a while, but not too often, they become shocked of frequent handling

Demon Hunter

hindi ba mas mahal ang food ng guinea pig or hamster?

problem lang sa g. pig dapat more than 1 or else magiging lonely.. unlike hamster solitary... ano kaya mas ok... undecided pa rin ako

helu

hamster naman madaling alagaan eh, feed him once or twice a day lang ayos na sya; any leafy vegetable, carrots, sunflower seeds, dried corn.... lagyan mo lang ng exercise wheel yung cage nya malilibang na yun. and super cute panoorin when u see them running around tapos trying to stand on their hind legs.

as for hygiene, the hamster is one of the cleanest rodents there is. i change my hamster's beddings twice/thrice a month and hindi pa masyadong madumi yon.

Demon Hunter

yeah... dati may hamster din ako...

sarap nga tignan pag tumatayo sila tapos parang naghihilamos

but am considering guinea pig i have not raised guinea pig before... ano kaya mas ok?

monica, ilan hamster mo?

curious lang nakakakilala ba ng tao ang guinea pig

Bio-Research claims that hamsters (especially male hamsters) cuold be taught to respond by calling it's name... same as a dog does.

anyone here had tried doing it to your hamster?

just curious.

Hi guys! I have two hamsters. One is female and the other is male. Won't they fight if put in one cage? If they will fight, which sex do you think i will keep? I planned to return the other one if they will just fight with each other. I need your help asap. Tnx

Demon Hunter

no, they won't fight.... they will fight if both are males..

hamsters are territorial... they would defend or fend off strangers once they had established their own territory.

if you put 2 hamsters (even if both male) at the same time on a new environment, they wouldn't fight, because both haven't established their own territories yet. if ever you have one which you had kept long and would like to introduce another in the same cage, better to change the shavings, or at least clean the cage so that the scent would be washed out. like dogs, hamsters establishes territories by urine scents.

by the way, i have 3 Siberian Hamsters which i bought from a fellow PEXer.

monica, ilan hamster mo?
    i have one female syberian hamster.

rage_within, yeah hamsters can be trained to respond by calling its name when ur feeding him, you say his name several times. u have to tame him, and earn his trust. u can do this by leaving the cage open, tapos u have a little treat in ur hand, and call his name. u'll know he trusts u when he starts eating from ur hand

rage_within, r u sure that two new male hamsters can be together until they grow old? I know that when they grow up, you have to separate them because of territorial fighting. I have one male and one female but i think i would just bring back the female one to the store because they will fight when they grow old. I am still thinking if i will change the girl to a boy or just get some food as an exchange from the store. If they would really not fight, i think i will just exchange it for a boy. What do you think?

Originally posted by poshgummy
    rage_within, r u sure that two new male hamsters can be together until they grow old? I know that when they grow up, you have to separate them because of territorial fighting. I have one male and one female but i think i would just bring back the female one to the store because they will fight when they grow old. I am still thinking if i will change the girl to a boy or just get some food as an exchange from the store. If they would really not fight, i think i will just exchange it for a boy. What do you think?
    depends on the breed.

Syrian Hamsters are solitary animals. mahirap silang pagsama-samahin.

Siberian Hamsters could mingle with their own kind.

Demon Hunter

meron bang fellow perxers breeding guinea pigs..

Demon Hunter

Hi,

I just got a guinea pig... but I'll add one more so that he will have a companion.

http://jtan.netfirms.com/GP01.jpg

may pet kaming guinea pig dati, boy and girl. tapos dumami sila, as in sobrang dami. umabot pa ng 10 guinea pigs *** nsa loob nung cage. buti nalang malaki *** cage nila. and we feed them only grass, *** tipong nakukuha lang namin sa tabi ng bahay. mas tipid! masaya na sila pag ganun *** binigay mo.

Demon Hunter

ngayon guinea pig ko 2 na... isang boy isang girl, hope dumami sila. iniwan ko lang silang dalawa sa balcony ng room ko tapos binigyan ko sila ng two houses for them to use.

http://jtan.netfirms.com/TreeOfLife.jpg

wow cute naman!
    how much were they?
    do guinea pigs grow bigger than that size still?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last