PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: Daquis Bags V-League MVP Plum

Wonder who won the other awards? Check out the Shakey's V-League Awarding gallery here!

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

Follow @pinoyexchange on Twitter!

Catch our latest updates on Twitter! Follow us, @pinoyexchange

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: The Giver

Very promising, but tries too hard to fit in the mold of the Hunger Games/Divergent series.

read more

UAAP Basketball Power Rankings: Week 7

With wins over UST and DLSU, the past week in UAAP can be summed up in three letters: FEU. Check out this week's power rankings here!

read more

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 462
  1. #341

    Post Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You did well, Jo. :)

    Originally posted by advancement
    The quote is correct. The IDL "generally follows the 180 meridian of longitude" but does NOT coincide with it completely because it "makes detours around the Aleutian Islands in Alaska and some of New Zealand"

    In this graphic:

    http://www.icehawkproductions.com/demo/idlmap.gif

    The RED line represents the IDL and NOWHERE does it part Alaska in the middle. The BLUE LINE is the 180th Meridian and that's what makes Alaska both the Easternmost and Westernmost state and not the IDL as erroneously stated earlier.
    The question was ... 12) What is the easternmost state in the United States? Obviously, the intent was geography and not time. Further, the question limits the choices to the United States ... there are many countries that straddle the 180th meridian. Now, if there was a world map that had the -180th meridian to the left and the +180th meridian to the right, only the Aleutian Islands would be cut for the United States. That portion west of the 180th meridian would be showing to the left side of the said world map.

    Now, going back to the question, what is the easternmost state of the United States? Well, the Aleutian Islands is not a state ... and Alaska, the state which the islands are a part of, is clearly to the west of the 180th meridian, less that part of the islands. Sure, the easternmost territory is that part of the Aleutians ... but the easternmost state, as the question raises, is Maine. QED.

  2. #342
    Tindero sa 168
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Nueva_Ecija

    Post eto nga sagutin ninyo:

    Originally posted by GARFIELD M


    kabise, ilagay mo yong question, isa, isa.
    1. Sally likes 225 but not 224; she likes 900 but not 800; she likes 144 but not 145. Which does she like:

    a)1600 b)1700

    2. If two typists can type two pages in two minutes, how many typists will it take to type 18 pages in six minutes?

    a)3 b)4 c)6 d)12 e)36

    3. If it were two hours later, it would be half as long until midnight as it would be if it were an hour later. What time is it now?
    a)18:30 b)20:00 c)21:00 d)22:00 e)23:30

    4. Which of the following proverbs is closest in meaning to the saying, "Birds of a feather, flock together."?
    "One swallow doesn't make a summer."

    a) "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

    b) "A man is known by the company he keeps."

    c) "Fine feathers make fine birds."

    e) "Don't judge a book by its cover."


    5. What is the number that is one half of one quarter of one tenth of 400?

    a)2 b)5 c)8 d)10 e)40

    6. If you count from 1 to 100, how many 7's will you pass on the way?

    a)10 b)11 c)19 d)20 e)21

    7. Each number shown below follows a certain rule. Figure out the rule and fill in the missing number.

    January 20
    April 10
    May 5
    November 15
    July ?

    a)5 b)10 c)15 d)20 e)25


    8. Look at the drawing. The numbers alongside each column and row are the total of the values of the symbols within each column and row. What should replace the question mark?

    http://www.mensa.org/fruit.gif

    a)23
    b)25
    c)28
    d)30
    e)32

    9. Two men, starting at the same point, walk in opposite directions for 4 meters, turn left and walk another 3 meters. What is the distance between them?

    a)2 meters b)6 meters c)10 meters d)12.5 meters e)14 meters

    10. If a circle is one, how many is an octagon?

    a)2 b)4 c)6 d)8 e)12

    11. Which of the following sentences given below means approximately the same as the proverb: "Don't count your chickens until they are hatched?"

    a) Some eggs have double yolks, so you can't really count eggs and chickens.

    b) You can't walk around the henhouse to count the eggs because it will disturb the hens and they won't lay eggs.

    c) It is not really sensible to rely on something that has not yet happened and may not ever happen.

    d) Since eggs break so easily, you may not be accurate in your count of future chickens.


    12. There are 1200 elephants in a herd. Some have pink and green stripes, some are all pink and some are all blue. One third are pure pink. Is it true that 400 elephants are definitely blue?

    a)Yes b)No

    13. Which word of four letters can be added to the front of the following words to create other English words?

    CARD BOX CODE BAG HASTE

    14. Following the pattern shown in the number sequence below, what is the missing number?

    1 8 27 ? 125 216

    a)36 b)45 c)46 d)64 e)99

    15. What is the following word when it is unscrambled?

    H C P R A A T E U

    16. The same three-letter word can be placed in front of the following words to make a new word:

    LIGHT BREAK TIME

    17. The same word can be added to the end of GRASS and the beginning of SCAPE to form two other English words?

    18. What is the word coiled inside this circle?
    Code:
         N G   
     O         E  
     R          R  
         T S
    19. Only one other word can be made from all the letters of INSATIABLE. Can you find it?

    20. Which vowel comes midway between J and T?

    a)A b)E c)I d)O e)U

    21. Pear is to apple as potato is to?

    a)Banana b)Radish c)Strawberry d)Peach e)Lettuce


    22. Which of the following is least like the others?

    a)Poem b)Novel c)Painting d)Statue e)Flower

    23. Which of these is the odd one out?

    a)Cat b)Dog c)Hamster d)Rabbit e)Elk

    24. Which of the designs best completes the following sequence?

    http://www.mensa.org/shapes.gif

    a)http://www.mensa.org/shapes1.gif

    b)http://www.mensa.org/shapes2.gif

    c)http://www.mensa.org/shapes3.gif

    d)http://www.mensa.org/shapes4.gif

    25. Continue the following number series with the group of numbers below which best continues the series?

    1 10 3 9 5 8 7 7 9 6 ? ?

    a)11, 5 b)10, 5 c)10, 4 d)11, 6

    tama na muna siguro ito, pagod na ako. pag may descripancy sa questions don't ask me ask mensa.

  3. #343

    Post Re: eto nga sagutin ninyo:

    Originally posted by kabise
    1. Sally likes 225 but not 224; she likes 900 but not 800; she likes 144 but not 145. Which does she like:

    a)1600 b)1700

    2. If two typists can type two pages in two minutes, how many typists will it take to type 18 pages in six minutes?

    a)3 b)4 c)6 d)12 e)36

    3. If it were two hours later, it would be half as long until midnight as it would be if it were an hour later. What time is it now?
    a)18:30 b)20:00 c)21:00 d)22:00 e)23:30

    4. Which of the following proverbs is closest in meaning to the saying, "Birds of a feather, flock together."?
    "One swallow doesn't make a summer."

    a) "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

    b) "A man is known by the company he keeps."

    c) "Fine feathers make fine birds."

    e) "Don't judge a book by its cover."


    5. What is the number that is one half of one quarter of one tenth of 400?

    a)2 b)5 c)8 d)10 e)40

    6. If you count from 1 to 100, how many 7's will you pass on the way?

    a)10 b)11 c)19 d)20 e)21

    7. Each number shown below follows a certain rule. Figure out the rule and fill in the missing number.

    January 20
    April 10
    May 5
    November 15
    July ?

    a)5 b)10 c)15 d)20 e)25


    8. Look at the drawing. The numbers alongside each column and row are the total of the values of the symbols within each column and row. What should replace the question mark?

    http://www.mensa.org/fruit.gif

    a)23
    b)25
    c)28
    d)30
    e)32

    9. Two men, starting at the same point, walk in opposite directions for 4 meters, turn left and walk another 3 meters. What is the distance between them?

    a)2 meters b)6 meters c)10 meters d)12.5 meters e)14 meters

    10. If a circle is one, how many is an octagon?

    a)2 b)4 c)6 d)8 e)12

    11. Which of the following sentences given below means approximately the same as the proverb: "Don't count your chickens until they are hatched?"

    a) Some eggs have double yolks, so you can't really count eggs and chickens.

    b) You can't walk around the henhouse to count the eggs because it will disturb the hens and they won't lay eggs.

    c) It is not really sensible to rely on something that has not yet happened and may not ever happen.

    d) Since eggs break so easily, you may not be accurate in your count of future chickens.


    12. There are 1200 elephants in a herd. Some have pink and green stripes, some are all pink and some are all blue. One third are pure pink. Is it true that 400 elephants are definitely blue?

    a)Yes b)No

    13. Which word of four letters can be added to the front of the following words to create other English words?

    CARD BOX CODE BAG HASTE

    14. Following the pattern shown in the number sequence below, what is the missing number?

    1 8 27 ? 125 216

    a)36 b)45 c)46 d)64 e)99

    15. What is the following word when it is unscrambled?

    H C P R A A T E U

    16. The same three-letter word can be placed in front of the following words to make a new word:

    LIGHT BREAK TIME

    17. The same word can be added to the end of GRASS and the beginning of SCAPE to form two other English words?

    18. What is the word coiled inside this circle?
    Code:
         N G   
     O         E  
     R          R  
         T S
    19. Only one other word can be made from all the letters of INSATIABLE. Can you find it?

    20. Which vowel comes midway between J and T?

    a)A b)E c)I d)O e)U

    21. Pear is to apple as potato is to?

    a)Banana b)Radish c)Strawberry d)Peach e)Lettuce


    22. Which of the following is least like the others?

    a)Poem b)Novel c)Painting d)Statue e)Flower

    23. Which of these is the odd one out?

    a)Cat b)Dog c)Hamster d)Rabbit e)Elk

    24. Which of the designs best completes the following sequence?

    http://www.mensa.org/shapes.gif

    a)http://www.mensa.org/shapes1.gif

    b)http://www.mensa.org/shapes2.gif

    c)http://www.mensa.org/shapes3.gif

    d)http://www.mensa.org/shapes4.gif

    25. Continue the following number series with the group of numbers below which best continues the series?

    1 10 3 9 5 8 7 7 9 6 ? ?

    a)11, 5 b)10, 5 c)10, 4 d)11, 6

    tama na muna siguro ito, pagod na ako. pag may descripancy sa questions don't ask me ask mensa.
    1. b
    5. b
    6. d
    7. b
    9. c
    10. d
    11. c
    12. b
    18. stronger
    20. d
    22. e
    23. e
    25. a

  4. #344
    Bata ni General
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Metro_Manila

    Post Re: eto nga sagutin ninyo:

    Originally posted by kabise
    ilagay ninyo yung sagot dito at saka yung paliwanag ng may matutuhan naman kami.

    http://www.mensa.org/workout2.html?
    Mas magandang sagutan 'to dun mismo sa site dahil kapag submit mo nandun ang correct answers at explanation.

  5. #345

    Post Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You did well, Jo. :)

    Originally posted by Rosanna
    The question was ... 12) What is the easternmost state in the United States? Obviously, the intent was geography and not time. Further, the question limits the choices to the United States ... there are many countries that straddle the 180th meridian. Now, if there was a world map that had the -180th meridian to the left and the +180th meridian to the right, only the Aleutian Islands would be cut for the United States. That portion west of the 180th meridian would be showing to the left side of the said world map.

    Now, going back to the question, what is the easternmost state of the United States? Well, the Aleutian Islands is not a state ... and Alaska, the state which the islands are a part of, is clearly to the west of the 180th meridian, less that part of the islands. Sure, the easternmost territory is that part of the Aleutians ... but the easternmost state, as the question raises, is Maine. QED.
    The problem is, Rickoshay and Garfield M literally believes in the article they read about Alaska's location. When a writer says that Alaska is the westernmost and easternmost state of the United States, the writer is only speaking FIGURATIVELY making Greenwich as the reference. Obviously, Alaska is very near the western and eastern border of the globe counting from Greenwich. However, Alaska's location CAN ONLY BE ONE - either east or west of Greenwich. It cannot be both! You are confusing the navigators if you say so. If you count Alaska"s location east of Greenwich, the longitude would go beyond 180 degrees E, which is not right. For that reason, Alaska's location is designated as west longitude

    Back to the right answer to the question, the easternmost state of the United States is Maine. The answer is simple. The reference is the United States, not Greenwich. Anyone who says that Alaska is the correct answer is just keeping up his/her foolish pride.

  6. #346

    Post Re: eto nga sagutin ninyo:

    1. Sally likes 225 but not 224; she likes 900 but not 800; she likes 144 but not 145. Which does she like:

    a)1600 b)1700
    225, 900, 144 subjected to square root would yield an integer; 224 and 800 would not, therefore 1600 is the answer since its square root is 40.
    a

    2. If two typists can type two pages in two minutes, how many typists will it take to type 18 pages in six minutes?

    a)3 b)4 c)6 d)12 e)36

    Rate = 2 pages 18 pages
    --------------------- = ---------------------
    2 min * 2 typists T * 6 min

    T = 18 * 2 * 2 typists
    ---------------------- = 72/12 typists = 6 typists; c
    2 * 6

    3. If it were two hours later, it would be half as long until midnight as it would be if it were an hour later. What time is it now?
    a)18:30 b)20:00 c)21:00 d)22:00 e)23:30
    let x be the time now
    24 - (x + 2) = 1/2[24 - (x + 1)]
    48 - 2x - 4 = 23 - x
    21 = x; c


    4. Which of the following proverbs is closest in meaning to the saying, "Birds of a feather, flock together."?
    "One swallow doesn't make a summer."

    a) "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

    b) "A man is known by the company he keeps."

    c) "Fine feathers make fine birds."

    e) "Don't judge a book by its cover."
    b

    5. What is the number that is one half of one quarter of one tenth of 400?

    a)2 b)5 c)8 d)10 e)40
    x= 1/2(1/4(1/10(400))) = 1/2(1/4(40)) = 1/2(10) = 5;b

    6. If you count from 1 to 100, how many 7's will you pass on the way?

    a)10 b)11 c)19 d)20 e)21

    7,17,27,37,47,57,67,70,71,72,73,74,75,76,77,78,79,87,97
    d

    7. Each number shown below follows a certain rule. Figure out the rule and fill in the missing number.

    January 20
    April 10
    May 5
    November 15
    July ?

    a)5 b)10 c)15 d)20 e)25
    dunno

    8. Look at the drawing. The numbers alongside each column and row are the total of the values of the symbols within each column and row. What should replace the question mark?

    http://www.mensa.org/fruit.gif

    a)23
    b)25
    c)28
    d)30
    e)32

    row 1; 4A = 28 => A = 7
    row 2; 2A + 2B = 30 => 14 + 2B = 30 => B = 8
    row 3; 8 + P + S + 7 = 20 => P = 5 - S
    row 4; 2S + P + 8 = 16 => 2S + 5 - S + 8 = 16 => S = 3; P = 5 - 3 = 2
    column 1; A + A + B +S = 7 + 7 + 8 + 3 = 25;b

    9. Two men, starting at the same point, walk in opposite directions for 4 meters, turn left and walk another 3 meters. What is the distance between them?
    let D = d1 + **
    d1 = square-root[(3m)squared * (4m)squared] = 5m
    but ** = d1
    then D = 5m + 5m = 10m;c

    a)2 meters b)6 meters c)10 meters d)12.5 meters e)14 meters

    10. If a circle is one, how many is an octagon?

    a)2 b)4 c)6 d)8 e)12
    d

    11. Which of the following sentences given below means approximately the same as the proverb: "Don't count your chickens until they are hatched?"

    a) Some eggs have double yolks, so you can't really count eggs and chickens.

    b) You can't walk around the henhouse to count the eggs because it will disturb the hens and they won't lay eggs.

    c) It is not really sensible to rely on something that has not yet happened and may not ever happen.

    d) Since eggs break so easily, you may not be accurate in your count of future chickens.
    c


    12. There are 1200 elephants in a herd. Some have pink and green stripes, some are all pink and some are all blue. One third are pure pink. Is it true that 400 elephants are definitely blue?

    a)Yes b)No
    1200 = P + B + PG
    P = 1/3(1200) = 400
    1200 = 400 + B + PG
    based on these equations could we definitely say that there are 400 blue elephants? No;b


    13. Which word of four letters can be added to the front of the following words to create other English words?

    CARD BOX CODE BAG HASTE
    POST

    14. Following the pattern shown in the number sequence below, what is the missing number?

    1 8 27 ? 125 216
    a)36 b)45 c)46 d)64 e)99
    1 = 1 cubed; 8 = 2 cubed; 27 = 3 cubed; x = 4 cubed; 125 = 5 cubed; 216 = 6 cubed
    x = 64;d

    15. What is the following word when it is unscrambled?

    H C P R A A T E U
    PARACHUTE
    16. The same three-letter word can be placed in front of the following words to make a new word:

    LIGHT BREAK TIME
    DAY

    17. The same word can be added to the end of GRASS and the beginning of SCAPE to form two other English words?
    LAND

    18. What is the word coiled inside this circle?
    Code:
         N G   
     O         E  
     R          R  
         T S
    STRONGER

    19. Only one other word can be made from all the letters of INSATIABLE. Can you find it?
    dunno

    20. Which vowel comes midway between J and T?

    a)A b)E c)I d)O e)U
    d
    21. Pear is to apple as potato is to?

    a)Banana b)Radish c)Strawberry d)Peach e)Lettuce
    b - guess

    22. Which of the following is least like the others?

    a)Poem b)Novel c)Painting d)Statue e)Flower
    e;not man-made

    23. Which of these is the odd one out?

    a)Cat b)Dog c)Hamster d)Rabbit e)Elk
    e; not a pet

    24. Which of the designs best completes the following sequence?

    http://www.mensa.org/shapes.gif

    a)http://www.mensa.org/shapes1.gif

    b)http://www.mensa.org/shapes2.gif

    c)http://www.mensa.org/shapes3.gif

    d)http://www.mensa.org/shapes4.gif
    a;color swap

    25. Continue the following number series with the group of numbers below which best continues the series?

    1 10 3 9 5 8 7 7 9 6 ? ?

    a)11, 5 b)10, 5 c)10, 4 d)11, 6
    series 1;1,3,5,7,9,11
    series 2;10,9,8,7,6,5
    a

  7. #347

    Post

    7. Each number shown below follows a certain rule. Figure out the rule and fill in the missing number.

    January 20
    April 10
    May 5
    November 15
    July ?

    a)5 b)10 c)15 d)20 e)25
    dunno
    The answer is b. Rule: 5 points for each syllable.

  8. #348

    Post

    The IDL, or International Date Line is, by international agreement, a hypothetical line designated as the place where each calendar day begins, and should lie approximately along the 180th meridian, except when complications may occur, in which case and again by international agreement, the IDL may fall out of the 180th meridian.

    The Aleutians which is a part of Alaska, lies on the 180th meridian and is tantamount to have two different calendar dates, the IDL is moved so that there will only be one calendar date for the place, and thus prevent complications.

    The difference between the IDL and the 180th meridian is that the 180th is a fixed line relative to the 0 meridian which goes thru Greenwich. This should determine which is East and which is West.

    The IDL is fixed by international agreement and may or may not coincide with the fixed geographical line as the 180th. THE IDL fixes the time zone of a country and more or less may be fixed by the country and not by geography. And since it is as permanent only as international agreements say so, it does not fix which is East and which is West.

    That part of the Aleutians which is West of 180th has become East of the IDL by virtue of moving the IDL further West to avoid time complications. It does not, however, change the fact that this portion of the Aleutians is West of the 180th.

  9. Advertisement

  10. #349

    Post

    No. 19---INSATIABLE>>>><<<<<BANALITIES

  11. #350

    Post

    Originally posted by hipshot
    The IDL, or International Date Line is, by international agreement, a hypothetical line designated as the place where each calendar day begins, and should lie approximately along the 180th meridian, except when complications may occur, in which case and again by international agreement, the IDL may fall out of the 180th meridian.

    The Aleutians which is a part of Alaska, lies on the 180th meridian and is tantamount to have two different calendar dates, the IDL is moved so that there will only be one calendar date for the place, and thus prevent complications.

    The difference between the IDL and the 180th meridian is that the 180th is a fixed line relative to the 0 meridian which goes thru Greenwich. This should determine which is East and which is West.

    The IDL is fixed by international agreement and may or may not coincide with the fixed geographical line as the 180th. THE IDL fixes the time zone of a country and more or less may be fixed by the country and not by geography. And since it is as permanent only as international agreements say so, it does not fix which is East and which is West.

    That part of the Aleutians which is West of 180th has become East of the IDL by virtue of moving the IDL further West to avoid time complications. It does not, however, change the fact that this portion of the Aleutians is West of the 180th.
    How very true. But the question 12. is about the easternmost state ... not what portion of which state is easternmost ... the Aleutians is not a state, it is in the State of Alaska. Besides, only a small portion of the Aleutians is in the west of the 180th meridian.

    Besides, the is no international agreement on the International Date Line. Russia said its territories are west of the IDL. The United States said its States were east. Besides, there are a lot of islands in the Pacific Ocean most bothered by the IDL ... there is a group that straddled the IDL where the week started with Tuesday on the ahead side and ended with Thursday on the behind side, so they said all their islands were on the ahead side ... in the 1990's.

  12. #351

    Post

    Originally posted by hipshot
    The IDL, or International Date Line is, by international agreement, a hypothetical line designated as the place where each calendar day begins, and should lie approximately along the 180th meridian, except when complications may occur, in which case and again by international agreement, the IDL may fall out of the 180th meridian.

    The Aleutians which is a part of Alaska, lies on the 180th meridian and is tantamount to have two different calendar dates, the IDL is moved so that there will only be one calendar date for the place, and thus prevent complications.

    The difference between the IDL and the 180th meridian is that the 180th is a fixed line relative to the 0 meridian which goes thru Greenwich. This should determine which is East and which is West.

    The IDL is fixed by international agreement and may or may not coincide with the fixed geographical line as the 180th. THE IDL fixes the time zone of a country and more or less may be fixed by the country and not by geography. And since it is as permanent only as international agreements say so, it does not fix which is East and which is West.

    That part of the Aleutians which is West of 180th has become East of the IDL by virtue of moving the IDL further West to avoid time complications. It does not, however, change the fact that this portion of the Aleutians is West of the 180th.
    I never coulda said it any better, hipshot, thanks.

    You are truly a gentleman and a scholar.

  13. #352

    Post

    Originally posted by makati_girl


    2: 5.0 M AgNO3 / 2.0 L H20 = 2.5 M AgNO3

    3: C + O2 -----> CO2

    C = 12.011 g/mol
    C = 10g /12.011 g/mol = 0.832570144 mol
    22.4 L O2 at STP = 1 mol

    CO2 = 0.832570144 mol
    Fantastic, MG, and I thought i could sidetrack you with that excesss oxygen combustion.

    You really know your chem lab.

    OK, here's another one---

    Calculate the volume of 0.10N silver nitrate required to precipitate the chloride ions in 200 ml. of 0.05N sodium chloride solution .
    Last edited by rickoshay; Aug 21, 2002 at 04:48 AM.

  14. #353

    Post

    Ah So! We like IQ tests!

    OK we proceed to Test Two formulated by the British Mensa Testers.

    http://www.members.shaw.ca/pvisconte/ukoy/01test2.jpg

    http://www.members.shaw.ca/pvisconte/ukoy/02test2.jpg

    http://www.members.shaw.ca/pvisconte/ukoy/03test2.jpg

    http://www.members.shaw.ca/pvisconte/ukoy/04test2.jpg

    http://www.members.shaw.ca/pvisconte/ukoy/05test2.jpg

    http://www.members.shaw.ca/pvisconte/ukoy/06test2.jpg

  15. #354

    Post

    Originally posted by hipshot
    The IDL, or International Date Line is, by international agreement, a hypothetical line designated as the place where each calendar day begins, and should lie approximately along the 180th meridian, except when complications may occur, in which case and again by international agreement, the IDL may fall out of the 180th meridian.

    The Aleutians which is a part of Alaska, lies on the 180th meridian and is tantamount to have two different calendar dates, the IDL is moved so that there will only be one calendar date for the place, and thus prevent complications.

    The difference between the IDL and the 180th meridian is that the 180th is a fixed line relative to the 0 meridian which goes thru Greenwich. This should determine which is East and which is West.

    The IDL is fixed by international agreement and may or may not coincide with the fixed geographical line as the 180th. THE IDL fixes the time zone of a country and more or less may be fixed by the country and not by geography. And since it is as permanent only as international agreements say so, it does not fix which is East and which is West.

    That part of the Aleutians which is West of 180th has become East of the IDL by virtue of moving the IDL further West to avoid time complications. It does not, however, change the fact that this portion of the Aleutians is West of the 180th.
    What then is your answer to the main question: which is the easternmost state of the United States? What we need is a categorical answer to the question.

  16. #355

    Post

    Originally posted by Percy


    What then is your answer to the main question: which is the easternmost state of the United States? What we need is a categorical answer to the question.
    Did you ask this question to start an argument with me or to end one?

  17. #356

    Post

    The last questions posted by rickoshay are really brain twisters. I have to print this out for longer study.

    I wonder where he got these.

  18. #357

    Post

    Oh there you are, hipshot, I was meaning to ask you something, but your thread on auto mechanics is gone.

    What say you about this new big rims with run-flat tires?

    Can I have my wheels changed to these?

    BTW, don't involve yourself much in this thread of ricko's.

    Lots of philosopasters here. Get out while you are still half-Filipino and not a full pilosopino.

  19. #358

    Post

    Originally posted by hipshot

    Did you ask this question to start an argument with me or to end one?
    You heard me. we need the categorical answer to the question. Or your answer to be exact.

  20. #359

    Post

    Forget it!

    If you do not understand things as simple as that, you're a hopeless case.

  21. #360

    Post

    Why don't you just answer the question. You are not only hopeless. You are senseless.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertisement


Hot Topics

SHOWBIZ:

Veteran actor Mark Gil passes away at 52

Veteran actor Mark Gil passes away at 52

read more
MUSIC:

Eraserheads to release two new songs

Eraserheads to release two new songs

read more
SPORTS:

Philippine Army crowned V-League Open Conference champions

Philippine Army crowned V-League Open Conference champions

read more
UAAP:

Red Warriors keep Final Four dream alive with 64-55 win over Bulldogs

Red Warriors keep Final Four dream alive with 64-55 win over Bulldogs

read more
GILAS:

Gilas falls to 0-2 after 82-70 loss to Greece

Gilas falls to 0-2 after 82-70 loss to Greece

read more
CHIT CHAT:

Anong masasabi mo sa Anti-Selfie Bill?

Anong masasabi mo sa Anti-Selfie Bill?

read more

Advertisement