PEx Highlights

Calling All Travel Bloggers!

Wanna get featured in PEx-Travel? Share with us your travel blogs and have your entries promoted around PinoyExchange!

read more

PHOTOS: UE Keep Final Four Dream Alive

Despite not fielding in Roi Sumang, the UE Red Warriors managed to get a 64-55 win over the NU Bulldogs.

read more

Wake Me Up When You Show Me Your Teeths!

In this week's Show Me Your Teeths!, the ladies talk about the -ber months, the upcoming Bench Fashion Show and the Cosmo Bachelor Bash.

read more

FIBA FEATURE: Do We Stand a Chance?

Do we really have a shot to make it through? JPM weighs in on the the odds of Gilas Pilipinas in the FIBA World Cup.

read more

MOVIE REVIEW: A Million Ways to Die West

A Million Ways is a pretty decent comedy, boasting top notch production value and camerawork.

read more

Watch 'The Legend Ends' Trailer!

Check out the trailer of the final instalment of the Rurouni Kenshin series, 'The Legend Ends.'

read more

Unhappy Pacman Interviewed by Karen Davila

Link: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/03...o-better-boxer

Will faith make Pacquiao a better boxer?

MANILA, Philippines - Eight-division boxing champ Manny Pacquiao isn’t retiring just yet but his recent declarations of faith have led many to believe his storied boxing career may soon be coming to an end.

In an interview on ABS-CBN News Channel, Pacquiao denied that God told him to hang up the gloves after his upcoming bout with WBO light welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley on June 9.

“I follow the commandments of God but you know that it’s bad,” he told Headstart host Karen Davila while making a punching motion.

“[God] said: ‘Love one another.’ When you hurt your fellow man, it’s against the law of God,” he added.

So does he believe boxing is against what God wants for him?

“Yes,” he answered.

Davila then ventured: so why did He make you so good at it?

“Siguro ito yung paraan para makilala ako sa buong mundo hindi lang sa Pilipinas. Nung nandiyan na ako, siguro talagang calling lang yan para sa akin na tinawag nya ako para para ispread yung message nya,” he said.

(Maybe it’s the way so I would be known all over the world, not just in the Philippines. When I was finally there, maybe it’s His way of calling me so I could spread His message.)

Pacquiao’s newfound faith comes as a refreshing change to the story of the fighting pride of the Philippines who is widely regarded as one of the greatest boxers in the world.

He currently holds a 54-3-2 win-loss record and has a record eight world titles in as many weight divisions.

Pacquiao, who has a weekly TV show and was elected to Congress in the last election, often credits God for his success in the ring. However, his confession has also run counter to tabloid reports of his womanizing and gambling.

Pacquiao admits vices

In the TV interview, Pacquiao said he has had his share of vices – wine, women, gambling - but has shed all of them.

He admitted his marriage was on the rocks in the runup to his November 2009 bout against Miguel Cotto after he was linked to another woman. While his marriage survived, reports of his gambling and womanizing continued.

That all changed, however, when he won a closely fought match against Mexican rival Juan Manuel Marquez last November 12, 2011. Many sports commentators, including some in the Philippines, believe Pacquiao lost the fight.

Pacquiao said he reviewed the video of his fight and knew he won just by counting the punches he landed against Marquez. He admitted though that he underestimated the Mexican challenger and failed to do plyometric exercises before the match.

“I’m not questioning those who doubt my win. They just got used to me winning easily in every fight,” he said.

He added: “If I had no faith in God, if I did not pray, I would have lost. It was a close fight. Not every fight will be easy. Those kinds of fights will come.”

‘The old Manny is gone’

Pacquiao previously shared with ABS-CBN how an encounter with God made him do an about-face to his old ways.

He said he has immersed himself in Bible study and spends more time when not in training with wife Jinkee and his four children. He even invited a friend, Ilocos Sur Governor Luis “Chavit” Singson, to join the Bible studies.

The change caught the attention of the influential Catholic Church in the Philippines, which asked the boxing champ to follow in the footsteps of NFL hero Tim Tebow and become a "bible ambassador."

Recently, he gave his testimony before a group of parish priests who marveled at Pacquiao’s knowledge of the Bible.

“I am happy that here is a man who walks the talk, who does not only talk but he lives his thing especially his own experience of conversion,” quipped Bishop Romulo dela Cruz of Kidapawan.

Pacquiao sums it up even more succinctly.

“The old Manny Pacquiao is gone, the new has come,” he told Davila.

“What are the fruits of the Holy Spirit? Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. If you have that kind (of fruit) - love joy, peace – how can you continue to do evil?” he added.

A better boxer

All these changes, however, have raised concern if Pacquiao still has it in him to defeat his opponents.

In the interview, Davila asked Pacquiao – where will he find the rage to fuel him inside the ring? Will his newfound faith make him a better boxer?

Pacquiao said he believes so.

“When I fight, in the ring, hindi ako galit (I am not angry). I just force myself to fake it, that I’m angry. But after the fight, it’s nothing. I love my opponent,” he said.

He denied that his newfound faith has made him more passive about his upcoming bout against Bradley.

Already, he is preparing to go into training for the fight. He said the grueling schedule includes 2,000 crunches a day, running, sparring and plyometrics exercises.

“I’m starting now, maybe April. If it’s more than 2 months, you’re overtrained,” he said.

He added: “For me, underestimating an opponent is something I will not repeat.”

He also said he is open to a fight with undefeated American boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. even with a lesser purse as long as he gets a 50-50 share of pay-per-view proceeds.

“I’d be shortchanged if I don’t get a share of the pay-per-view,” he said.

Beyond the ring, he said he wants to run for governor in the future so he could have a taste of the executive branch.

For now though, he said he wants to do his share of preaching the good news using his own life as an example.

“I am not thinking of becoming a pastor. What I know about the Bible and the commandments of God, I want to share. I am the best example. I came from nothing…to something,” he said.

“Not everyone can box. I am just showing them that all of us have different talents...If you think positive and if you really read the Bible, there are a lot of promises and you can have those promises,” he added.

Natawa ako dito sa mga tinuran ni Pacman.

1) “I follow the commandments of God but you know that it’s bad

2) When you hurt your fellow man, it’s against the law of God,”

3) (Maybe it’s the way so I would be known all over the world, not just in the Philippines. When I was finally there, maybe it’s His way of calling me so I could spread His message.)

4) “When I fight, in the ring, hindi ako galit (I am not angry). I just force myself to fake it, that I’m angry. But after the fight, it’s nothing. I love my opponent,” he said.

Una ay sinunod daw niya ang kautusan ng Diyos ngunit nilalabag naman niya ang mga ito.

Pangalawa sinabi niya na kapag nasaktan ang kapwa tayo ay labag sa utos ng Diyosm, pero ang dami niyang sinaktan sa boksing.

Pangatlo gumawa pa ng interpretasyon niya na iyong paglabag niya ay baka daw paraan upang makilala siya sa buong mundo, ibang klase talaga.

Pang-apat ay hindi daw galit (ipokrito) at pini-peke na kunwari ay galit, may ganoon

@Sa inyo po ano ang komento ninyo

Let's stop and talk awhile. tonton's Avatar
    matatalo yan kay bradley kung hindi niya ito sasaktan.

God takes sides in boxing between two Catholic fighters. He is so pakialamero. Mexico is the bigger Catholic country and it is the country that is affecting US Catholicism.

While God don't care about children dying in Somalia, He was in fact watching boxing. :-(

So, when Pacquiao loses (a possibility), I will be the first to blame God.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    God takes sides in boxing between two Catholic fighters. He is so pakialamero. Mexico is the bigger Catholic country and it is the country that is affecting US Catholicism.

While God don't care about children dying in Somalia, He was in fact watching boxing. :-(

So, when Pacquiao loses (a possibility), I will be the first to blame God.
    Bold and underline >>>> naku baka ang sabihin ni Pacman nawalan kasi siya ng pananampalataya sa Diyos (hindi niya napasa-diyos) at nakalimutan niyang magdasal bago lumaban kaya siya natalo

He added: “If I had no faith in God, if I did not pray, I would have lost. It was a close fight. Not every fight will be easy. Those kinds of fights will come.”

Quote Originally Posted by tonton View Post
    matatalo yan kay bradley kung hindi niya ito sasaktan.
    Oo nga naman o baka naman ton mayroon na siyang bagong dahilan kung matatalo siya, kung noon ay dahil sa sapatos o medyas ay baka ngayon ay dahil sinunod niya ang Diyos kasi nga nagpakita siya kay Pacman

Let's stop and talk awhile. tonton's Avatar
    dapat mag retiro nalang siya. nag mumukha siyang engot sa pinaggagagawa niya.

Rich people tend to be engots (eccentrics) because they gain freedom to talk openly about what is in their minds. They don't feel constrained to conform, unlike us ordinary humans. So, when a celebrity does not have much intellectual foundation to start with, then he/she will start to sound very weird indeed. This is now the case with Pacquaio as it was the case with Imeldific.

Breaking news!

I think Pacman is getting crazier and crazier. Or that God is really working hard on and with him.

This latest report said that Pacquiao is now a healer!

Diyos na mahabagin, make Pacquiao lose in this next fight so that He will concentrate on working for Your Glory and for me to be freed from his absurdities. (By the way, I will bet against him in the upcoming fight; my first time to bet in any boxing fight.)

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/38...%80%99-too-far

Breaking news!

I think Pacman is getting crazier and crazier. Or that God is really working hard on and with him.

Diyos na mahabagin, make Pacquiao lose in this next fight so that He will concentrate on working for Your Glory and for me to be freed from his absurdities. (By the way, I will bet against him in the upcoming fight; my first time to bet in any boxing fight.)

Ano po "Pacquiao is now a healer"

Breaking news!

BI yung pastor niya. lol

nagmamakuka na siyang t@ng@ sa ginagawa niya.

Quote Originally Posted by hisagi123 View Post
    BI yung pastor niya. lol

nagmamakuka na siyang t@ng@ sa ginagawa niya.
    Although I am not fit and welcome to this thread, allow me to give my opinion on this.

This is pangbobo thread as I noticed you all flock in one direction like the descendants of the stoogees, Pacman is better and blessed because he is a winnner,while the INC tried hard to copy the footstep of Pacman in the person of Bernabe Concepcion an inc boxer, they failed. He lost to Juan Manuel on the early round kissing the carpet while sleeping. It is simply because inc are arrogant but mindless. sugod muna bago isep! ayun plakda! klap klap

There are also people around him who believe that Pacquiao’s religiosity has given him healing powers.

One former movie star was overhead saying that he regained his 20-20 vision after being embraced by Pacquiao. “It’s a miracle,” he said.
    Matatalo si Pacman nyan kay Bradley, aakapin sya nun tapos mas lalakas si Bradley

Yung dasal ni Marquez sa Manila Cathedral mas mabigat kaysa kay Pacman, nagborn again tuloy hahaha Tuwang tuwa ngayon ang mga Jihadis na gustong gawing impyerno ang mundo...
    Orc support lang kasi ang mga noncatholics talaga.

Quote Originally Posted by pieno View Post
    Yung dasal ni Marquez sa Manila Cathedral mas mabigat kaysa kay Pacman, nagborn again tuloy hahaha Tuwang tuwa ngayon ang mga Jihadis na gustong gawing impyerno ang mundo...
    Orc support lang kasi ang mga noncatholics talaga.
    tama bro, tayong mga katolicks lang ang mabait, lahat sila masama. trinity ang pinaka logical na paniniwala sa lahat, at wala sila nun.

sabi ng tatay kong pari masama daw sila. buti na lang dahil sa tatlong diyos natin, hindi ako nasakatan nung naibangga ko ang montero sport namin, si god father yung humawak sakin, si jesus yung pumigil sa kotse, at si HS yung nalihis sa kotse para mapunta sa safe na lugar at hindi ako mahulog sa bangin.. pero naipit yata si HS sa puno, pero di bale na diyos naman siya.. hindi din nagalit ang tatay kong pari dahil madami naman daw nag-aabuloy ng datong lalo na sa pasko kaya makaka bili kagad kami ng bagong kotse.. pero nagrequest yung tatay kong pari na tabi daw kami mamayang gabi matulog, isama ko daw yung mga barkada ko.. para sa panginoon tiniis naming lahat ang sakit.. Aleluya!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_hunt View Post
    Matatalo si Pacman nyan kay Bradley, aakapin sya nun tapos mas lalakas si Bradley
    hindi panlalakeng katwiran ang katwiran mo tsong, Anong malay mo sa basagan nang mukha kung dito pa lang asal binabae ka na. Feeling matalino ka yata tsong ang layo naman sa mga katwiran mo. Mag pa tule ka muna tsong lahat na lang nang thread pinopostehan mo pag hinarap naman kita sabay baling paksa ka.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantroll View Post
    tama bro, tayong mga katolicks lang ang mabait, lahat sila masama. trinity ang pinaka logical na paniniwala sa lahat, at wala sila nun.

sabi ng tatay kong pari masama daw sila. buti na lang dahil sa tatlong diyos natin, hindi ako nasakatan nung naibangga ko ang montero sport namin, si god father yung humawak sakin, si jesus yung pumigil sa kotse, at si HS yung nalihis sa kotse para mapunta sa safe na lugar at hindi ako mahulog sa bangin.. pero naipit yata si HS sa puno, pero di bale na diyos naman siya.. hindi din nagalit ang tatay kong pari dahil madami naman daw nag-aabuloy ng datong lalo na sa pasko kaya makaka bili kagad kami ng bagong kotse.. pero nagrequest yung tatay kong pari na tabi daw kami mamayang gabi matulog, isama ko daw yung mga barkada ko.. para sa panginoon tiniis naming lahat ang sakit.. Aleluya!
    very nice explanation uki payn sa olrayts kaching!