A romantic candlelit dinner-for-two – wonderful food, perfect ambiance, a smile playing on his lips. Tonight, there seems to be something different in the air, and you wonder. Finally, the love of your life takes your hand, gets down on one knee, and holding out the most beautiful ring, asks,“Will you marry me?”
Aaaww…Isn’t it wonderful remembering the day you said “I WILL” to saying “I DO”? If you think his or her proposal was the sweetest, most unique, most romantic ever, write to us this unforgettable moment and you might just win 3-days/2-nights for two in Bohol Beach Club or in Club Punta Fuego!
Send your Proposal story to [email protected] until December 15, 2010. It may be in English, Filipino or even Tag-lish, funny or dramatic, sweetly traditional or crazy creative. We’d love to hear them all! We don’t expect masterpieces. Just write clearly and in proper sequence for your readers’ benefit. The more unique the story, the better.
A contributing blogger in Kasal.com, Ms. Aileen Apolo's proposal story is a perfect example of the stories we are looking for. Click here to read on their “Zipline Proposal.”
The winning Proposal story will be chosen through a combination of public voting and judging of select wedding suppliers. Announcement of winners will be on December 20, 2010.
Who Can Join:
* Contest is open to all engaged couples getting married from November 2010 onwards.
* All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
* Contestant must be of Filipino nationality or will be married to a Filipino/Filipina.
How to Join:
Couples should e-mail their Proposal story through [email protected], together with the ff. details and materials:
* complete name of the engaged couple
* contact details, landline or mobile and email address
* wedding date or target year and month (if no definite date has been reserved yet)
* when and where the Proposal was held
* photo/s or video/s captured during or after the proposal
Couples are also required to create a My Kasal Account at www.kasal.com to be qualified. If you don’t have one yet, please sign up here. Don’t worry, it’s for FREE.
* The Proposal story can be written in English, Filipino or combination of both. No minimum or maximum number of words is required.
* Entries must be original and may not have been previously published or have joined other contests.
* Entries should not infringe on the rights of any third party, and should not promote any activities that may appear illegal or dangerous. They should also not contain anything obscene, offensive, libelous or defamatory.
Entry Posting and Promotion:
* Kasal.com team will be the one to post all entries in Kasal.com's Facebook Fanpage (Note tab). Entries submitted during regular business days (i.e. Monday-Friday) will be posted at 5:00pm, Philippine Time (GMT+08:00 Manila). The stories submitted beyond 5:00pm will be posted the next day at 10:00am. Entries submitted during weekends and holidays will be posted on the next business day at 10:00am.
* Contestants are encouraged to promote their entry in any way they can. They may tag their friends on their entry, post announcements on their Wall, share the link of the contest page, suggest Kasal.com to their friends, or insert the contest badge on their blogs. (copy and paste the code below into the html body of your blogs or websites).
The Proposal Contest Vote Badge
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.kasal.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://www.kasal.com/images/cm/specials/the-proposal-badge.jpg" alt="Wedding Proposal Contest Vote Badge" border="1" title="Wedding Proposal Contest Vote Badge"></a></div>
Entries can be submitted from October 22 to December 15, 2010. Submission of entries and online voting will be closed on December 15, 2010, 3:00pm, Philippine Time (GMT+08:00 Manila). The top 10 finalists will be released on December 16, 2010, 6:00pm. Announcement of winners is on December 20, 2010, 12:00pm.
* The five (5) entries that receive the highest no. of votes, together with five (5) Kasal.com team choice entries, will make up the top 10 finalists.
* Criteria for judging:
o 40% - 'kilig' factor
o 50% - uniqueness of the story
o 10% - writing composition
* A panel of wedding suppliers will choose the best story among the top ten (10) entries based on the above criteria. The judges' decision will be considered final and binding.
* Grand Prize: The winning entry will have a choice between Bohol Beach Club and Club Punta Fuego in Batangas for a 3-days/2-nights accommodation for two.
* Consolation prizes of PhP1, 000.00-worth of beauty gift packs will be given to the four runners up of the contest.
* Prizes are not transferable to cash.
* Winners will be notified by Kasal.com through email. The contest sponsors reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
* By participating in the contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the contest sponsors, and their employees and agents, their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize.
* By claiming the prize, the winners authorize the use, without additional compensation, of their entries for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; distribution over the Internet; and picture date storage) the contest sponsors may deem appropriate.