PEx Highlights

Show Me Your EDM Teeths!

In this week's episode of SMYT, Chelsey and Merly poke fun at artistas who may have gone too far by releasing albums to boost their careers.

read more

REVIEW: Horrible Bosses 2

Horrible Bosses 2 carried its hilarity from the first movie and showed good comedic chemistry of its three lead actors.

read more

5 Biggest Impressions in UAAP Volleyball

An even better Alyssa Valdez, the struggling Lady Bulldogs and UST's wonderkid. Find out other big impressions in week 1 of UAAP Volleyball here!

read more

REVIEW: Penguins of Madagascar

Our adult/kiddie review is back! This time, Jollo and Aidan share their thoughts on the sly and slick Penguins of Madagascar.

read more

PHOTOS: Purefoods Survive Kia Scare

After trailing for most of the game, Purefoods mounted a big fourth quarter-comeback to defeat Manny Pacquiao's Kia Sorento, 88-77.

read more

PHOTOS: Paul Lee Saves the Day for RoS

Paul Lee nailed a crucial three-pointer plus two pressure packed free throws to lead his team to victory over the NLEX Road Warriors, 95-93.

read more

A day at San Lazaro Race Track

These photos were taken at San Lazaro Racetrack in Carmona, Cavite, Philippines.

I had the opportunity to shoot in areas of the race track few outsiders get to see and fewer photographers have access too.

Dejection by alabang, on Flickr

Start Spreading the N.E.W.S. by alabang, on Flickr

Uno by alabang, on Flickr

BOP by alabang, on Flickr

14 by alabang, on Flickr

maganda yung lugar diyan pati sa tabi nitong mga lugar. nakapunta na ako diyan

Finally somebody created a thread regarding horse racing. I was a racing afficionado when I was still a student. But I'm not that active right now for the past 8 years. May I know who is the jockey of the year last year and who won the Presidential Gold Cup?

No idea jazzper. First time at the race track.

Horse racing is an equestrian sport that has a long history. Archaeological records indicate that horse racing occurred in ancient Babylon, Syria, and Egypt. Both chariot and mounted horse racing were events in the ancient Greek Olympics by 648 BC. In the Roman Empire, chariot and mounted horse racing were major industries. Thoroughbred racing was popular with the aristocrats and royalty of British society, earning it the title "Sport of Kings."

Source: Horse racing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Se7en by alabang, on Flickr

One and Two by alabang, on Flickr

Brush by alabang, on Flickr

Too long a day... by alabang, on Flickr

Striated Grassbird (Megalurus palustris) by alabang, on Flickr

***The Manila Jockey Club was founded in 1867 by the Spanish Governor-General to conduct horse races in the country. The Club started out with 100 exclusive members known as “socio fundadores,” members of affluent families in the country who still dominate the Filipino market today: Ayala, Zobel, Prieto, Tuason, and Elizalde, among others. These sportsmen conducted recreational races for the enjoyment of the social elite. During the American government in 1903, betting was introduced. By 1912, the San Lazaro racetrack and grandstand were built in Sta. Cruz, Manila on a 16 hectare property. MJC was formally incorporated as a business entity in 1937. In the 1950s, the Club was publicly listed with the Manila Stock Exchange. Additionally, thirty five off-track betting stations were set up and racing was broadcasted on TV. Through the leadership of Atty. Alfonso Reyno Jr, a group of investors acquired the controlling interest of MJC from the Prieto family in 1995. By 2003, a world class racing facility was constructed by MJC on a 77 hectare property in Carmona, Cavite.

Source: http://www.manilajockey.com/aboutus.html

PAGCOR by alabang, on Flickr

15 by alabang, on Flickr

Thoughts are like butterflies by alabang, on Flickr

Colors of the Wind by alabang, on Flickr

GA Rivera by alabang, on Flickr

Soiled by alabang, on Flickr

Whip it! by alabang, on Flickr

Two for One by alabang, on Flickr

One Trick by alabang, on Flickr

Fire in my Heart by alabang, on Flickr

some of the best films are based on horseracing. - like Secretariat or Seabiscuit.